• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean at this point it would be easy to pivot my words, but you have me here. I'm not a science or medical expert. I don't pretend to be, nor am I capable in any capacity of doing so. So I put my trust in the hands of those who know better. Spreading the Virus is not my principle reason, but it was a major factor. At the time the vaccine was available to me, it was widely reported that spread of that strain of virus was greatly reduced by those who were vaccinated. But if we're being absolutely 100% on everything, anyone who received the vaccine received it because they don't want to die. At the very core level, that's the most basic reasoning. However my reasoning did have additional levels past that, which I concentrated on. In hindsight on the way I phrased it, definitely conveyed it in that manner which I now look at as kind of pretentious. So I own up to that.

I received the vaccine because 1) I believe in the medical and science field, 2) I believe it would help prevent me from dying from the Virus 3) I believe that my family, friends and general public around me would be safer from me being vaccinated.

There are new things coming out every day regarding the different strains and mutations. And that's the thing, that the variants are variables that weren't planned for. But I trust the medical field to find another solution. As they have with Polio and Smallpox and Ebola, etc.

My physician advocated for the vaccine. My wife, who works at one of the largest Covid response hospitals in California, said that their physicians there all advocated for the vaccine. I have personal friends of mine who are doctors and surgeons, all unanimously supported the vaccine.

I trust in people who know more than me. No amount of research I do on the internet can compare to their knowledge.

If you think most people are doing it for others and not for themselves I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think most people are doing it for others and not for themselves I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you

I did it for my family. Last thing i want to do is pass it on to one of my older family members and they pass away. Also did it for my niece and nephew

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its settled. This dude is now a Hall of Famer

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear about that blood clot thing, man. knew a guy way back in my high school days(yes, that WAS a very long time ago for all you smart-asses on here:rolleyes2:) who had Sickle Cell. only person i ever knew who had it...

from what little i know about it it's supposed to be a natural adaptation against sleeping sickness...

anyways good to know Covid couldn't kick your ass...:thumb:

Thanks, bud. I hope all is going well in Cali.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did it for my family. Last thing i want to do is pass it on to one of my older family members and they pass away. Also did it for my niece and nephew

That still benefits you.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did it for my family.

Literally the ONLY reason I got vaccinated. I'm similar to Heatles (only older) in that, I'm blessed with a very strong immune system and I don't really care to be around people I don't know, so I was social distancing before it was a thing.

But I have a grandson with asthma, a mother-in-law in her 80's, a wife with lupus and a best friend with more health issues than this site has the bandwidth to list. lol

Funny thing is, 2 of them got it, one of them twice (my best friend) and their symptoms were no worse than a cold.

As of the last time I gave blood (about 2 weeks ago) I hadn't had it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally the ONLY reason I got vaccinated. I'm similar to Heatles (only older) in that, I'm blessed with a very strong immune system and I don't really care to be around people I don't know, so I was social distancing before it was a thing.

But I have a grandson with asthma, a mother-in-law in her 80's, a wife with lupus and a best friend with more health issues than this site has the bandwidth to list. lol

Funny thing is, 2 of them got it, one of them twice (my best friend) and their symptoms were no worse than a cold.

It's like you know me

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's like you know me

When lockdown started my friends texted me and said I had been training for this moment my whole life

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're in a high risk group of Covid, go get vaccinated. If I'm healthy and in my 20's - 30's where Covid has a very unlikely chance of killing me, why am I getting vaccinated? The vaccine should be for those that are at risk. Why am I risking the possibility of blood clots, myocarditis and other potential long term affects for something my immune system could easily handle? Now, if you're in your 50's, have had issues where your immune system is compromised, then maybe the vaccine is for you. That's my stance.

Because the possibility of any of those things is way lower than the possibility of Covid killing you.

That and it makes it less likely that you will catch it and spread it to.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like you know me

When I go to the grocery store it's usually early in the morning or later at night because there are fewer people. If I'm trying to get from the front of the store to the back...I pick an aisle with no one in it...even if it means having to go 3 or 4 aisles over to find one. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I go to the grocery store it's usually early in the morning or later at night because there are fewer people. If I'm trying to get from the front of the store to the back...I pick an aisle with no one in it...even if it means having to go 3 or 4 aisles over to find one. lol

If it's after 8am, I avoid the store at all costs. I need to know what age you are so I know what to look forward to.