• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question

Why is it folks such as yourself use extremely rare side effects such as blood clots as a reason for not getting the vaccine while ignoring the vast array of statistics available that very clearly demonstrate the vaccines protection towards covid?

I'm not saying for a healthy 20 to 30 year old it's imperative you get the shot (but only because of the delta mutation) but it's just rather disingenuous to me to keep asking for this waterfall of proof (which exists) and then use very arbitrary occurrences of the vaccine having negative effects.

Smallpox also had side effects to the vaccine...much worse than covid. But eliminating smallpox was far more important.
Because I've had blood clots. I'm likely more susceptible to it as a result.

There's no long term data as well. If this virus had a 10% mortality, I think the general stance would be far different. It's basically risk analysis. I've had Covid twice, had a recent anti-body tests, which for the next several months I'm good. There is no difference really right now between me and a vaccinated individual at that point. We both have antibodies which fight against the virus. The vaccine was also geared towards a particular strain, and I do question the efficacy as to how the immune system responds to other viruses over the long term.

My stance isn't - THE GOVERNMENT TOLD ME TO GET IT! F THEM!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please read my addendum

I mean, I literally have my physician telling me not to get the vaccine. And you're trying to argue with me on it. Why not just be respectable of other people's approaches? If they get sick and die, then you're good.

I mean, there's so many doctors in this forum, yet there's a large contingent of doctors and nurses that don't want to touch this vaccine and are going to or already have lost their jobs. But, trust the medical experts, right?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I literally have my physician telling me not to get the vaccine. And you're trying to argue with me on it. Why not just be respectable of other people's approaches? If they get sick and die, then you're good.

I mean, there's so many doctors in this forum, yet there's a large contingent of doctors and nurses that don't want to touch this vaccine and are going to or already have lost their jobs. But, trust the medical experts, right?
Ok but I did already said anyone getting medical advice not to take it obviously shouldn't. I missed that reference for you personally, I read it as your doctor saying it wasn't necessary not that you were at risk.

But how many of the people not taking it have been medically advised not to? 25% max maybe? What's everyone else's reasoning?

And before you say "not my business" or "who can tell", that's what I'm trying to determine. It's an anonymous message board, it's fair to discuss it and try to figure it out. People can do what they want but some people are making bad choices.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do a google search and they just pop up.

Amazing.
right...but only counts if it supports what he believes.

and, yes, sadly that often works for both sides.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Children have an equal-to or higher likelihood of dying of the flu than of Covid. And again, on the bolded, you can still get Covid and pass on Covid to others, even if you're vaxed - I think that's what we all universally agree on. So your point is moot. In fact, there are studies that are coming out that you contain a higher viral load if you're vaccinated vs if you're not.

And are we discounting actual natural immunity - which I've had Covid twice (my 2nd bout was a couple of weeks ago). So, why would I need to take the vaccine if I already have antibodies?

I mean the fact that you said that me caring about my children's well being is a "moot point" just shows you didn't actually read anything I wrote. Or at the very least didn't comprehend.

The entire point of my post was the reason I got vaccinated was that I care for others well being over my own. I have elderly parents and extended family. I have employees who are in various age ranges and health brackets. I have friends who have underlying health conditions. I got vaccinated because this isn't just about me. It's about everyone else. Yes you can still get and pass along Covid being vaccinated. But the transmission rates are greatly reduced, especially if everyone in the circle is vaccinated.

And lastly your point about YOU having Covid twice, and why should YOU need to take the vaccine if YOU already have the antibodies...well I mean we can see a commonality there. My post was all about everyone else around me. I'm glad you're ok and Covid did not affect you as it may some others. But your post just further enhanced mine, in that selfishness and lack of community is more evident than ever.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the fact that you said that me caring about my children's well being is a "moot point" just shows you didn't actually read anything I wrote. Or at the very least didn't comprehend.

The entire point of my post was the reason I got vaccinated was that I care for others well being over my own. I have elderly parents and extended family. I have employees who are in various age ranges and health brackets. I have friends who have underlying health conditions. I got vaccinated because this isn't just about me. It's about everyone else. Yes you can still get and pass along Covid being vaccinated. But the transmission rates are greatly reduced, especially if everyone in the circle is vaccinated.

And lastly your point about YOU having Covid twice, and why should YOU need to take the vaccine if YOU already have the antibodies...well I mean we can see a commonality there. My post was all about everyone else around me. I'm glad you're ok and Covid did not affect you as it may some others. But your post just further enhanced mine, in that selfishness and lack of community is more evident than ever.
Caring about your children (or really anyone's children) is not a moot point. I said that you care about spreading the virus to others is your principal reason for getting the vaccine. Yet, like @bksballer89 and others have mentioned - getting the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting and transmitting Covid to others, it wasn't designed for that purpose; I'm in agreement there. So, if you got the vaccine because you didn't want to infect others, based on what I outlined, it's moot because you're more than likely to still infect others.

I also have co-workers that are fully vaccinated that have gotten Covid multiple times, even after their second shot. Both times I had it equated to minor symptoms. Again, being vaccinated doesn't prevent you from getting Covid. I don't know how people don't grasp onto that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Wiggins get paid if states ban him from arenas?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Wiggins get paid if states ban him from arenas?

That's an interesting question.

With the NBA having guaranteed contracts, I would assume so. Obviously, they get paid if they are out for injury, illness and even load management. I wonder if there's standard language in the contracts about not being able and available if not being able and available is by the players personal choice.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caring about your children (or really anyone's children) is not a moot point. I said that you care about spreading the virus to others is your principal reason for getting the vaccine. Yet, like @bksballer89 and others have mentioned - getting the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting and transmitting Covid to others, it wasn't designed for that purpose; I'm in agreement there. So, if you got the vaccine because you didn't want to infect others, based on what I outlined, it's moot because you're more than likely to still infect others.

I also have co-workers that are fully vaccinated that have gotten Covid multiple times, even after their second shot. Both times I had it equated to minor symptoms. Again, being vaccinated doesn't prevent you from getting Covid. I don't know how people don't grasp onto that.

I mean at this point it would be easy to pivot my words, but you have me here. I'm not a science or medical expert. I don't pretend to be, nor am I capable in any capacity of doing so. So I put my trust in the hands of those who know better. Spreading the Virus is not my principle reason, but it was a major factor. At the time the vaccine was available to me, it was widely reported that spread of that strain of virus was greatly reduced by those who were vaccinated. But if we're being absolutely 100% on everything, anyone who received the vaccine received it because they don't want to die. At the very core level, that's the most basic reasoning. However my reasoning did have additional levels past that, which I concentrated on. In hindsight on the way I phrased it, definitely conveyed it in that manner which I now look at as kind of pretentious. So I own up to that.

I received the vaccine because 1) I believe in the medical and science field, 2) I believe it would help prevent me from dying from the Virus 3) I believe that my family, friends and general public around me would be safer from me being vaccinated.

There are new things coming out every day regarding the different strains and mutations. And that's the thing, that the variants are variables that weren't planned for. But I trust the medical field to find another solution. As they have with Polio and Smallpox and Ebola, etc.

My physician advocated for the vaccine. My wife, who works at one of the largest Covid response hospitals in California, said that their physicians there all advocated for the vaccine. I have personal friends of mine who are doctors and surgeons, all unanimously supported the vaccine.

I trust in people who know more than me. No amount of research I do on the internet can compare to their knowledge.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting question.

With the NBA having guaranteed contracts, I would assume so. Obviously, they get paid if they are out for injury, illness and even load management. I wonder if there's standard language in the contracts about not being able and available if not being able and available is by the players personal choice.

It's been reported that if he misses the Warriors home games, he would be forfeiting his salary. I think it would essentially come to down to Wiggins opting out of playing, which would cause him to forfeit salary.

But here's the rub, which doesn't make any sense at all to me. The rule of being vaccinated for San Francisco, ONLY applies to employees of that organization. Meaning that the opposing team doesn't have to be vaccinated in order to compete indoors. It makes no damn logical sense.

At least be consistent.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been reported that if he misses the Warriors home games, he would be forfeiting his salary. I think it would essentially come to down to Wiggins opting out of playing, which would cause him to forfeit salary.

But here's the rub, which doesn't make any sense at all to me. The rule of being vaccinated for San Francisco, ONLY applies to employees of that organization. Meaning that the opposing team doesn't have to be vaccinated in order to compete indoors. It makes no damn logical sense.

At least be consistent.

That is weird. Are there rules re: unvaccinated fans attending?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is weird. Are there rules re: unvaccinated fans attending?

You have to be completely vaccinated in order to attend Warriors games.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean at this point it would be easy to pivot my words, but you have me here. I'm not a science or medical expert. I don't pretend to be, nor am I capable in any capacity of doing so. So I put my trust in the hands of those who know better. Spreading the Virus is not my principle reason, but it was a major factor. At the time the vaccine was available to me, it was widely reported that spread of that strain of virus was greatly reduced by those who were vaccinated. But if we're being absolutely 100% on everything, anyone who received the vaccine received it because they don't want to die. At the very core level, that's the most basic reasoning. However my reasoning did have additional levels past that, which I concentrated on. In hindsight on the way I phrased it, definitely conveyed it in that manner which I now look at as kind of pretentious. So I own up to that.

I received the vaccine because 1) I believe in the medical and science field, 2) I believe it would help prevent me from dying from the Virus 3) I believe that my family, friends and general public around me would be safer from me being vaccinated.

There are new things coming out every day regarding the different strains and mutations. And that's the thing, that the variants are variables that weren't planned for. But I trust the medical field to find another solution. As they have with Polio and Smallpox and Ebola, etc.

My physician advocated for the vaccine. My wife, who works at one of the largest Covid response hospitals in California, said that their physicians there all advocated for the vaccine. I have personal friends of mine who are doctors and surgeons, all unanimously supported the vaccine.

I trust in people who know more than me. No amount of research I do on the internet can compare to their knowledge.

I can't disagree with this. As long as you chose to do what you believe is best for you, then by all means.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus.....and this is the part I can't get past....unless your doctor says you shouldn't there's NO REASON NOT TO

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be completely vaccinated in order to attend Warriors games.

Yep, most restaurants in SF require it too, you just show them an app

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I've had blood clots. I'm likely more susceptible to it as a result.

There's no long term data as well. If this virus had a 10% mortality, I think the general stance would be far different. It's basically risk analysis. I've had Covid twice, had a recent anti-body tests, which for the next several months I'm good. There is no difference really right now between me and a vaccinated individual at that point. We both have antibodies which fight against the virus. The vaccine was also geared towards a particular strain, and I do question the efficacy as to how the immune system responds to other viruses over the long term.

My stance isn't - THE GOVERNMENT TOLD ME TO GET IT! F THEM!
Sorry to hear about that blood clot thing, man. knew a guy way back in my high school days(yes, that WAS a very long time ago for all you smart-asses on here:rolleyes2:) who had Sickle Cell. only person i ever knew who had it...

from what little i know about it it's supposed to be a natural adaptation against sleeping sickness...

anyways good to know Covid couldn't kick your ass...:thumb: