• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, there are outliers. The flu also takes healthy people as well. People do realize there are things in this world that can kill you, yes? Did people really think we're all going to leave until 100?
That’s fair. I just look at the excessive deaths from 2020 vs 2019 and 2018 and it’s troubling. That’s a lot of death coming too soon for people. Different strokes for different folks but I’ll be honest. I raise an eyebrow at those who don’t choose the vaxx( outside of those whose medical condition makes it a greater risk) because I haven’t heard an argument yet I found compelling for not doing so. I’ll own that. It’s not very nice to make rash judgments like that about people but meh…I’m an imperfect man.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side effects are a thing, yet you seem to ignore that. I don't give a shit what that walking bag of dementia-ridden shit says about the vaccine. I didn't want to take it when Trump was in office, even though he's a big proponent of it. Politics means shit to me on this topic.

Again, if you're vaccinated, what's the problem? You're good, right? If someone doesn't get the vaccine, why does it matter to you?
Not an icu room to be had in an 80 mile radius around OKC at the moment, that’s why.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 to 15 less times as likely to die with the vaccine

But again, over how long? Pfizer's CEO has now come out saying that annual booster shots are expected. Meaning, the effectiveness of the vaccine wanes, and it's targeted at a particular strain. Look at what's happening in other countries. Look at Ireland:

Look at all of the stats in Israel. They're now well into their 3rd shot.

But, that's all I'm going to say on this matter. I know some want to get back to basketball talk and this deserves its own thread. Apologies to those that want to move beyond the Covid nonsense. I know I'd like to move on.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side effects are a thing, yet you seem to ignore that. I don't give a shit what that walking bag of dementia-ridden shit says about the vaccine. I didn't want to take it when Trump was in office, even though he's a big proponent of it. Politics means shit to me on this topic.

Again, if you're vaccinated, what's the problem? You're good, right? If someone doesn't get the vaccine, why does it matter to you?
No they aren't a thing. The side effects of the vaccine are FAR less prevalent and far less drastic than how many folks suffer needlessly not getting vaxxed.

So that's my point, the anti-vaxxers don't have a good reason not to. Obviously if their doctor says specifically there's something about them that makes it a risk, that's different. That's maybe 5% of anti-vaxxers, max.

I am good, and as I've said repeatedly, people have every right not to vax. But I have every right to shake my head at their misguided childishness.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people have died of Covid, while vaccinated. Shit happens, it's a sad world.
Yeah but tell the real story on this one. The facts are that the overwhelming percentage of those dying in a vaxx-available Covid world are those that haven’t been vaxxed. The vax falls short at keeping people from contracting or spreading Covid. But the percentage break down among the worst cases available to us to study show overwhelmingly that the vaxx is the best choice. People pay $15 a month for rental insurance despite not owning much of anything of value outside of a TV. Even if it’s a .00345% chance I’m taking medicine to keep that from possibly happening to me.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s fair. I just look at the excessive deaths from 2020 vs 2019 and 2018 and it’s troubling. That’s a lot of death coming too soon for people. Different strokes for different folks but I’ll be honest. I raise an eyebrow at those who don’t choose the vaxx( outside of those whose medical condition makes it a greater risk) because I haven’t heard an argument yet I found compelling for not doing so. I’ll own that. It’s not very nice to make rash judgments like that about people but meh…I’m an imperfect man.
@Heatles84 this is my exact take too. Maybe I'm less nice about it but the bolded is exactly where I'm coming from.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please, this nonsense doesn't work on me. You're better than this. I'm trying to have a legit conversation with you but if you want to do a troll battle those can be fun too.

No I'm not, I am who I am. And no, you're not trying to have a legit conversation with me. And I've seen you get irked by the littlest of things, even when people aren't even trying to troll. So I don't see a troll battle being too entertaining.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but tell the real story on this one. The facts are that the overwhelming percentage of those dying in a vaxx-available Covid world are those that haven’t been vaxxed. The vax falls short at keeping people from contracting or spreading Covid. But the percentage break down among the worst cases available to us to study show overwhelmingly that the vaxx is the best choice. People pay $15 a month for rental insurance despite not owning much of anything of value outside of a TV. Even if it’s a .00345% chance I’m taking medicine to keep that from possibly happening to me.
And it does in fact REDUCE your chance of catching and spreading Covid, just not eliminating it entirely. Reducing is a good thing.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm not, I am who I am. And no, you're not trying to have a legit conversation with me. And I've seen you get irked by the littlest of things, even when people aren't even trying to troll. So I don't see a troll battle being too entertaining.
OK let's not do that then. Let's actually chat. You say fear of side effects are enough reason not to get jabbed...isn't that similar to the critique of the 'scared Covid babies' petrified of a disease that 'only kills old and fat people'? Who's scared of what?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need NBA basketball to get here soon.

:heh:
I get that as you’re a Giants fan. But the Irish look like a compelling follow for a rebuilding year. This season is about next season. Need to get Buchner on the field more.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Yes, there are outliers. The flu also takes healthy people as well. People do realize there are things in this world that can kill you, yes? Did people really think we're all going to leave until 100?

Don’t threaten me like that.

No man in my family tree has ever hit 80.

And I don’t need to be the first

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

Don’t threaten me like that.

No man in my family tree has ever hit 80.

And I don’t need to be the first
There's a 2nd Amendment remedy if you get too close.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that as you’re a Giants fan.
^ The suckitude never ends... it's a solid decade now. :tsk:
But the Irish look like a compelling follow for a rebuilding year. This season is about next season. Need to get Buchner on the field more.
The Irish have been great considering the fact that it's a "rebuilding" sort of year for them... last year they had one of the best O-lines in college football, this year they are... "rebuilding".

But I like ND's moxey and they are playing great defense.

Big game next weekend.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think I’m so against kevorkian laws?
I am too, of course a person has a right to end their life if they are mentally competent to make that decision.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Porter Jr got the big boy money bag. That's wild