• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2021 March Madness Thread

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loop Spring GIF by audreyobscura

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure we have more number 1 picks in football than Minnesota.
Whoopdeedoodahday, WHO CARES. Getting picked #1 doesn't mean diddly squat when you can't or don't deliver when you actually go off to play in the big boy league. Which is apparently what WSU players are most known for. Ryan Leaf comes to mind, and HE was the one I mentioned that was a Heisman FLOP. But I guess he didn't even win the Heisman, came in 3rd? LOL, hell, Gophers have had a winner AND two Runner Ups, and Leaf was rated by an episode of NFL Top 10 as the BIGGEST DRAFT BUST in nfl history, lol.

And where has WSU's "more #1 picks than Minnesota" gotten them?

Minnesota still has 7 NFL Hall of Famers to WSU's 2,

7 > 2.

And that is not even close.

UMn's got over 3 times as many NFL Hall of Famers as WSU does.

and UMn also has 18 Cfb Hall of Famers compared to WSU's what? Can they even claim half a dozen? And those 18 does not even include the 5 players who got into the cfb Hall of Fame as coaches, 2 of which WOULD qualify for the Mt Rushmore of cfb coaching history.

and Minnesota actually has Natl Titles in college football. Not very many schools who can claim more than Minnesota has won.

and WSU can't claim any, can they?

Washington St can't even claim an EOS Top 8 ranking in it's entire history. And I'm not cherry picking to exclude WSU's two #9 finishes, but I only mention no Top 8s because if the cfp expanded to 6 or 8 teams, WSU would possibly never have qualified, not even once, while Minnesota would have probably qualified 7 times if only going by the AP Poll, and many many more times going back further as surely the BIG conf champ would have qualified every season and UMn won like 11 Conf titles prior to the AP poll starting up full time in 1936.

Should we compare how many players WSU has put into the NFL to how many UMn has? lol Minnesota's had well over 300 players drafted into the NFL.

WSU has no Heisman winners to claim, and what, one Outland Award winner?

UMn has twice as many players who finished Top 8 in the Heisman Voting as compared to WSU.

UMn has three times as many winners of the Outland Trophy.

UMn has a Jim Thorpe Award winner and a Dave Rimington Award winner and a John Mackey Award winner.

UMn's produced four times as many Consensus First Team All-Americans as compared to WSU. UMn's probably produced as many Unanimous First Team All-Americans as WSU's produced Consensus All-Americans, and UMn's FB program has produced 7 Academic All-Americans just since 2014. Only 2 schools in the nation have produced more Academic All-Americans overall in the last 6 years.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have the GOAT college baseball player, the father or American News and the Father of Collegiate announcing.
So who is this supposed "GOAT college baseball player"??? And if that is all you got is ONE player, sh1t, lots of do nothing jokes for colleges have managed to land them one great athlete, but what shows evidence of a great top notch university with a great sports program is when they consistently produce top notch talent.

And who is this father of American News and Father of Collegiate announcing? lol I'm waiting NOT to be impressed, as UMn has only produced...

The Father of the Green Revolution, Norman Borlaug. Accredited by many as saving more humans than any other human, EVER.
The Father of the Super Computer, Seymour Crey. Built the world's fastest computers for decades.
The Father of the Computer Disk Drive, Reynold B. Johnson.
The Father of Mass Spectrometry, Alfred O C Nier. He was one of the biggest players with the Manhatten Project.
The Father of America's Human Space Flight Program, Robert Rowe Gilruth.
The acknowledged Godfather of Heart & Lung Transplantation.
The "Henry Ford of Aviation", William Stout.

These guys were changing the world, and you are heralding some college sports announcer and a news person? Wow!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that guy has since been "born again" and because of this religious transformation, has come out and admitted that he DID spit in the black gopher players face, right? And you did know that OSU's coach was known to have been a racist who dropped the N word on occasion, right?

UMn's crime? Daring to recruit more than the one token black player like most or all of the other B1G teams did at that time.

The University of Minnesota's ALWAYS been a leader among US colleges in the Civil Rights Movement, so is it any surprise they'd hire a coach who'd recruit black players and other teams would not react so well? This was the early 1970s you know.
Bullshit. I saw the video many times. His head was down. Show a link or stop the ridiculous excuse making. Taylor has admitted several times that Witte did not spit at him and the thug Brewer kicking him in the head while he was down has admitted that he was an angry black man.

Black skin is not an acceptable excuse for assault. Today they'd be charged with a hate crime. Musselman and his gang of thugs absolutely sucked and I'm glad they got banned from college athletics. Not sure why the thug Dave Winfield escaped punishment but he did. He was one of the guys that went hunting for white boys to punch. He is such a coward he picked one who was already down.
I've read numerous statements from black players on that OSU squad and they said the blacks on Minnesota bypassed them and went directly at Witte and the other whites. The blacks on UM simply didn't like getting their asses kicked in the game by white players.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that guy has since been "born again" and because of this religious transformation, has come out and admitted that he DID spit in the black gopher players face, right? And you did know that OSU's coach was known to have been a racist who dropped the N word on occasion, right?

UMn's crime? Daring to recruit more than the one token black player like most or all of the other B1G teams did at that time.

The University of Minnesota's ALWAYS been a leader among US colleges in the Civil Rights Movement, so is it any surprise they'd hire a coach who'd recruit black players and other teams would not react so well? This was the early 1970s you know.
Bullshit. I saw the video many times. His head was down. Show a link or stop the ridiculous excuse making. Taylor has admitted several times that Witte did not spit at him and the thug Brewer kicking him in the head while he was down has admitted that he was an angry black man.

Black skin is not an acceptable excuse for assault. Today they'd be charged with a hate crime. Musselman and his gang of thugs absolutely sucked and I'm glad they got banned from college athletics. Not sure why the thug Dave Winfield escaped punishment but he did. He was one of the guys that went hunting for white boys to punch. He is such a coward he picked one who was already down.
I've read numerous statements from black players on that OSU squad and they said the blacks on Minnesota bypassed them and went directly at Witte and the other whites. The blacks on UM simply didn't like getting their asses kicked in the game by white players.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guards playing well is why he seemed passive on offense. A lot of players at his level would still be trying to "get theirs" which could have messed up the flow that the guards were in. That's part of how you know he's a coach's kid. He knew they didn't need his scoring and was smart enough to concentrate on other parts of the game.

I agree. They're going to need him against Gonzaga. They have the length and athleticism to give the Zags a lot of trouble, but they're going to need him to be a big part of that if they're gonna pull off the upset.
One of the things I like most about him is he is an unselfish player. Reminds me a lot in that regard of Tim Duncan although not yet nearly as good as Duncan. I'm sure he's a one and done player but I hope he stays another year.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck? That was horrifying.

It is unwatchable. I pray the man is okay. it looks like he had some sort of heart attack and collapsed.

I hope it is just some ankle or something instead....

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheesh. Gonzaga is too good.