• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2021 March Madness Thread

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still feels like it was a two team race all year And nothing has changed
Baylor and Gonzaga have owned this thing virtually wire to wire as simply a cut above everyone else.

Baylor was a little bit wobbly right after the entire team was out with Covid-19 and shut down for a few weeks.
But, they look like they are back to the team they were before that shutdown.

Give Houston and UCLA credit for being tough outs and winning close game
But, I suspect this is the end of the line for them. I hope I am wrong because, well Fuck Baylor....

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cronin needs to teach his players some offense. Most possessions were just run down the shot clock and go one on one.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still feels like it was a two team race all year And nothing has changed
Baylor and Gonzaga have owned this thing virtually wire to wire as simply a cut above everyone else.

Baylor was a little bit wobbly right after the entire team was out with Covid-19 and shut down for a few weeks.
But, they look like they are back to the team they were before that shutdown.

Give Houston and UCLA credit for being tough outs and winning close game
But, I suspect this is the end of the line for them. I hope I am wrong because, well Fuck Baylor....
I just wanted to see if my team would do better vs the Zags than they did vs 2018 Nova. Won't get that chance now!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont be too depressed Michigan fans.
At least you got the LIONS, TIGERS, PISTONS, and RED WINGS to cheer for as well,

(checks standings)

Oh dear God. I feel a little bad for Michigan sports fans even as a Baltimore Orioles fan.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you got the LIONS, TIGERS, PISTONS, and RED WINGS to cheer for as well,

(checks standings)

Oh dear God. I feel a little bad for Michigan sports fans even as a Baltimore Orioles fan.
Got Tork tho.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(checks standings)

Like they say in Casablanca, “We’ll always have Detroit”

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goddamnit. proud of this team for the season they had, but a very disappointing end. congrats to UCLA on a special Final Four run though. Good luck Bruins fans!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Shit. I knew the Zags were good, but damn.

Welp, considering my Trojans basically put this team together over the summer and were picked to finish 6th in the PAC, I'll take a run to the Elite 8 and loss to the eventual champion.

Hopefully Enfield can build on this. That was kinda fun.

Locke888

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned on the Michigan game with about 3 minutes to go. I said to myself” I feel generous and I feel sorry for the wolverines, I hope they win it all.” Then I saw that stupid BLM patch. “Dumbfucks, they’re going to lose now”

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned on the Michigan game with about 3 minutes to go. I said to myself” I feel generous and I feel sorry for the wolverines, I hope they win it all.” Then I saw that stupid BLM patch. “Dumbfucks, they’re going to lose now”
Of course you bring up irrelevant bullshit in an NCAA tourney thread.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Shit. I knew the Zags were good, but damn.

Welp, considering my Trojans basically put this team together over the summer and were picked to finish 6th in the PAC, I'll take a run to the Elite 8 and loss to the eventual champion.

Hopefully Enfield can build on this. That was kinda fun.
Zags should cruise to the Natty. I think only Baylor is the team with a legit shot at them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zags should cruise to the Natty. I think only Baylor is the team with a legit shot at them.

What amazed me was that, outside of the first few minutes when they committed a few turnovers, USC didn't play that bad.

Defensively, they are a team that will switch defenses up throughout the game, sometimes even in the middle of a possession. USC was doing that last night and it didn't matter. It would confuse or slow them for a minute, then they'd adjust and start cruising again.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What amazed me was that, outside of the first few minutes when they committed a few turnovers, USC didn't play that bad.

Defensively, they are a team that will switch defenses up throughout the game, sometimes even in the middle of a possession. USC was doing that last night and it didn't matter. It would confuse or slow them for a minute, then they'd adjust and start cruising again.

Yeah, Gonzaga is a well-oiled machine. With the offense that UCLA is showing (dribbling out the shot clock and relying a lot of 1 on 1), I wouldn't be surprised if Gonzaga won by 30. Hell, 30 seems generous to UCLA.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Gonzaga is an excellent team but they aren't that much better than SC. I think the SC players all tried to do too much themselves thinking that they all had to pick up their games individually a bit if they were going to beat Gonzaga and it ended up hurting them. They looked like a completely different team than the one that beat Kansas and Oregon. Turning the ball over so much and manty times not even getting a shot off was not normal for them. they didn't play as a team last night. They made a good run.
I will say this though, Gonzaga plays a gorgeous brand of basketball.