• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2021 March Madness Thread

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Media before the tournament: The PAC 12 is the worst major conference

The PAC 12 now:

Smug kid with coffee cup on couch Blank Template - Imgflip
As it should be. The regular season is simply a proving ground to show you belong. Put everyone who has proven they belong into a bowl. Let the best survive.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many BIG titles does OSU have as to minny?
Tell me how OSU has done at the NCAA championships. I'm truly interested. OSU has more Big Ten titles, and has 2 NCAA titles to UMn's 1. But how many Top Ten finishes has OSU had in the 21st Century, and overall?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Now do football then
I have NEVER, even come close to EVER comparing UMn football to OSU.

IF I ever did, and only IF, because I most likely never would, but IF I did, I would only compare OSU football through the 1967 season to the Gophers through the 1967 season. OSU clearly, and I reiterate, CLEARLY, most emphatically, and utterly dominates UMn in football, and it's not even close, not even close to being close.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it should be. The regular season is simply a proving ground to show you belong. Put everyone who has proven they belong into a bowl. Let the best survive.
I know ill get alot of heat for this but until college football expands the playoff field like basketball, ill always consider college football a joke.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have NEVER, even come close to EVER comparing UMn football to OSU.

IF I ever did, and only IF, because I most likely never would, but IF I did, I would only compare OSU football through the 1967 season to the Gophers through the 1967 season. OSU clearly, and I reiterate, CLEARLY, most emphatically, and utterly dominates UMn in football, and it's not even close, not even close to being close.

Thats fair then

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fair then
Hey, I'm totally ok with acknowledging greatness. Stanford reigns supreme when it comes to combining academics and big time sports and the Sears Directors Cup. UConn rules women's bb, Bama reigns supreme over football, Notre Dame used to, OSU comes in right behind those 2 and WAY ahead of Michigan. Kentucky reigns supreme over cbb, with Duke & UNC and UL close behind. Indiana used to be close, but has disappeared basically. Iowa, historically has owned wrestling, but Oklahoma St is a healthy 2nd, PSU is the new big boy on the block, Minnesota comes in well ahead of the rest of the pack, although OSU is making a strong play recently. As a big time hockey fan, I can also say OSU is on the upswing on both the men's and women's side of the hockey game, which is good for B1G hockey.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument would have validation about Brock had his trainer actually gone to Minnesota. Do I have an answer why a professional wrestling trainer lives in Minnesota, no of course not but there isn’t a legitimate answer why any headquarters was founded in a particular city.

List all of the wrestlers you want but A. Wrestling is less popular than tennis so die on that hill. B. You are acting like Minnesota is some huge hub of amateur wrestling because of the people you listed. Name one Minnesota wrestler who accomplished half of Sanderson or Gable?

Your “book” is moronic because it isn’t based in fact. 7 degrees of separation doesn’t make you any better than you think. Our football team has stepped on the same field as Alabama and USC, that doesn’t mean we get credited for all of their national champions. Washington State’s most successful student of all time didn’t get an earned degree but still was worth more money than the top 20 Minnesota alumnus combined, does that make us a better institution?

And you saying there is an argument for Minnesota being influential in wrestler is again moronic. You stated their is an argument for Minnesota being X, Y and Z in wrestler literally destroys all of the puke of a diatribe you just spewed. A debate means both sides have an argument and neither are correct unlike you listing all of your guys when as I said none of the guys you listed are as accomplished amateur or professional wrestlers as Iowa State, Oklahoma State or in your pro wrestling example West Texas State.
You have to be one of the dumbest mofos EVER!!! Oh, and who is this WSU alumnus who is worth more money than the Top 20 Minnesota alumnus combined? lol

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument would have validation about Brock had his trainer actually gone to Minnesota. Do I have an answer why a professional wrestling trainer lives in Minnesota, no of course not but there isn’t a legitimate answer why any headquarters was founded in a particular city.

List all of the wrestlers you want but A. Wrestling is less popular than tennis so die on that hill. B. You are acting like Minnesota is some huge hub of amateur wrestling because of the people you listed. Name one Minnesota wrestler who accomplished half of Sanderson or Gable?

Your “book” is moronic because it isn’t based in fact. 7 degrees of separation doesn’t make you any better than you think. Our football team has stepped on the same field as Alabama and USC, that doesn’t mean we get credited for all of their national champions. Washington State’s most successful student of all time didn’t get an earned degree but still was worth more money than the top 20 Minnesota alumnus combined, does that make us a better institution?

And you saying there is an argument for Minnesota being influential in wrestler is again moronic. You stated their is an argument for Minnesota being X, Y and Z in wrestler literally destroys all of the puke of a diatribe you just spewed. A debate means both sides have an argument and neither are correct unlike you listing all of your guys when as I said none of the guys you listed are as accomplished amateur or professional wrestlers as Iowa State, Oklahoma State or in your pro wrestling example West Texas State.
So who are you claiming was Brock's trainer? I kind of thought you were talking about Flair, whose trainer WAS a former Gopher.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred when you start talking about 21st century Football or Basketball:

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor - Find & Share on GIPHY
All Oregon has is the 21st Century, and only after one of their graduates figured out how to get away with using CHILD SLAVE LABOR to make shoes cheaply and then to sell them for way more than they are worth. Oregon's benefactor is an example of THE WORST of all of humanity.

UMn produces civil rights leaders and people who save a billion lives, and some Oregon loser comes along propped up by Satan himself and still can't even claim a Natty??? Wow, sell your soul and get nothing but a bb FF and a couple runner ups in cfb??? Can you spell the word

C H U M P S?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Oregon has is the 21st Century, and only after one of their graduates figured out how to get away with using CHILD SLAVE LABOR to make shoes cheaply and then to sell them for way more than they are worth. Oregon's benefactor is an example of THE WORST of all of humanity.

UMn produces civil rights leaders and people who save a billion lives, and some Oregon loser comes along propped up by Satan himself and still can't even claim a Natty??? Wow, sell your soul and get nothing but a bb FF and a couple runner ups in cfb??? Can you spell the word

C H U M P S?

Minnesota is a Nike school

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all accurate you moron. I wouldn't waste my time making sh1t up. Only a dumb fukking loser like you would believe I was.

And here I was thinking that only a dumb fucking loser would waste so much time spinning out over minutiae.

Silly me. lol

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I was thinking that only a dumb fucking loser would waste so much time spinning out over minutiae.

Silly me. lol
I work in agriculture, which is none existent in Minnesota from December through the end of March. So I have lots of time on my hands come winter time.