• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, just some quick updates.

Obviously losing Wan'Dale was a kick in the nuts. Getting Toure and Stepp was nice though. We won't have an elite level talent on offense next year BUT overall I think the talent level will be up so maybe losing Wan'Dale won't be AS noticeable. Obviously, if the talent was up AND we still had Wan'Dale that would be preferable.

That said...

I'm hearing that Nebraska has 2 spots left and will only use one for a HS player and only if that HS player is Avante Dickerson. They are out of it for Titus and all the other names in the other thread. Only pursuing Avante as it stands. Interestingly enough there's some rumblings out there that Avante isn't even considering Minnesota anymore (he's removed "minnesota commit" from his bio on twitter) and is down to Oregon and Nebraska.

Oregon is a sexy pick. Just won the Pac-12, also there's playing time up for grabs on the back end of their defense after a few players chose to not come back for their senior seasons. The rub is that he hasn't ever visited there and would be committing sight unseen. His best friend, Kobe Bretz is signed to be at Nebraska and he COULD play in the secondary with him sometime in his career if he chooses Nebraska. Right now I would lean 60-40 that Nebraska will flip Avante on or before signing day.

If Avante chooses Oregon, or stays with Minnesota (which seems less likely), Nebraska will likely bring in 2 more transfers. They are already planning on bringing in one more transfer. Possibly an OL.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard he is coming to Lincoln, think he was a 4/5 star out of Indy, originally committed to ND, but ended up at USC. Think he has two years of eligibility left?

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard he is coming to Lincoln, think he was a 4/5 star out of Indy, originally committed to ND, but ended up at USC. Think he has two years of eligibility left?

yep, he's coming to Lincoln. Already on his way to campus I believe.

Three transfers so far...

Chris Kolarevic - LB from Northern Iowa
Somari Toure - WR from Montana
Markese Stepp - RB from USC

Three very good transfers. Toure MIGHT have been drafted after this season. Decided to transfer anyway to try to solidify his draft stock. Kolarevic is a stud LB that has shined in games against FBS level competition. And Stepp is a great replacement for Mills.

I would expect one more transfer and possibly a high school commit by February 3.

Nebraska could hold that one spot for the end of the spring as well for any JUCO guys that could help or transfers after that. There are 2 spots left.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it has legs to it, but I'm seeing that Davon Townley (a 4-star DE from Minnesota) has Nebraska in the mix. this is news, Nebraska had seemed to back off, but I think that's because they thought they had Savea.

Perhaps they go for 2 HS kids to close out the class. I'm fairly confident that they are holding a spot for Avante Dickerson regardless.

Townley is an intriguing prospect, and a pretty high level pass rushing prospect. looks like Minnesota, Nebraska, Arizona, ASU, and PSU are all players. This one is a surprise to me... we'll see. If I had to guess, I'd say Nebraska is late coming in after reshuffling their board. ASU has the lone Crystal Ball on 247, though it's at its least confident pick. Rivals futurecast is all on Minnesota but I'm not that confident.

That said... seems to me Nebraska is likely running 3rd or 4th right now.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska might neglect the transfer portal and try to close with a CB (dickerson) and an OLB (Townley). There's more legs to the Townley kid than I thought. Will definitely be an interesting one to watch down the stretch.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska might neglect the transfer portal and try to close with a CB (dickerson) and an OLB (Townley). There's more legs to the Townley kid than I thought. Will definitely be an interesting one to watch down the stretch.
I'd be fine with that!

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well... There's one domino... From the sounds of it, down to Nebraska and Oregon. But nebraska had the edge because he's never visited Oregon and his best friend (Bretz) is going to Nebraska.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well... There's one domino... From the sounds of it, down to Nebraska and Oregon. But nebraska had the edge because he's never visited Oregon and his best friend (Bretz) is going to Nebraska.
Saw Wiltfong gave him a crystal ball to Oregon.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Wiltfong gave him a crystal ball to Oregon.

Yeah... I think it's because it's assumed he visited there recently.

AD is really hard to get a read on. I wouldn't write off nebraska just yet

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand... doing some sleuthing around on the interwebz and talking to a few people about it... Avante and Nebraska are closer than they've been in a while but Oregon looms. The temptation of playing out of state and doing something new with the Pac-12 champs is a lot to consider.

However, due to his lack of quickly pulling the trigger Oregon has not stopped perusing the transfer portal for a grad-transfer in the secondary. This one will come down to Tuesday night IMO. Right now... I think Oregon might have the edge, but things can change in a hurry.

As for Townley... hard to get a read on anything with him. Sounds like he really likes Nebraska as a fit but PSU might be too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Nebraska could end up with both, one of them, or neither on Wednesday and I wouldn't be shocked by any of those outcomes.

Either way... Nebraska will look into the Portal after Wednesday (something they've told Dickerson FYI... Oregon is looking in the portal now, Nebraska is saying they'd rather wait till after signing day for Avante to decide to look at the portal... if Dickerson chooses Oregon it's not because Nebraska has done anything to make him nervous about them not having his best interest at heart) with whatever scholarships they have open... be it 1, 2 or none.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late Tuesday night update...

Avante Dickerson will anounce at 8:10CST tomorrow morning - I expect Oregon. They have room. Nebraska waited as long as they could and held a spot. Kid just didn't want to stay home in the end. Fell in love with Oregon. I would be pleasantly surprised if he chose Nebraska tomorrow morning.

Townley is another one that's tough to read. I think it's PSU... could be Nebraska. that one is truly an enigma to me. No clue. But I would bet on PSU right now.

That said... Nebraska should get the signature of Wynden Ho'ohuli tomorrow... just a reminder that Hawaii is 4 hours behind Nebraska. So I wouldn't expect his signing to be official till at least 11am CST, maybe even later.

Nebraska WILL get two more transfers at some point. there's smoke that Former Oregon QB and form Husker Commit and now former Kentucky QB Terry Wilson might be in play for Nebraska. That would be interesting. I think they look QB, if it's the right fit and then best player available (and willing) after that regardless of position, but I would think they look on the offensive side of the ball for that one too. Or maybe a cornerback.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickerson to Oregon
Townley to PSU

Nebraska will seek to finish with the transfer portal or JUCO with their final two spots.

I'll release all the ratings/rankings later today.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump... attached the rankings list, my own rankings and the team rankings per site on page one. Enjoy.

Just a note... I think it's a solid class... especially considering the pandemic and the fact that we're on our 4th losing season in 4 years (gross).

That said, a lot of projects and development players in this class... However... Fidone should play week 1 and I wouldn't be surprised if he's only at Nebraska for 3 years. I think he's a 5-star caliber player without a doubt.