• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Schweitzer

Football: Los Gatos' Will Schweitzer commits to Nebraska

Will Schweitzer, Linebacker, Los Gatos | Bear Insider

Will Schweitzer, Los Gatos, Outside Linebacker

Will Schweitzer - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Will Schweitzer, Linebacker, Los Gatos | Hail Varsity

He ain't no dummy, offers from Duke, Harvard, California, and Princeton.

I like his size and that he is a winner. State champion team too. Shutout in the championship game. I could not find his actual 40 yard dash time though. He was a tight end, so he can catch a ball, maybe make some interceptions and with his heighth be tough to throw over. Probably not finished growing.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 Running Back To Know: Gabe Ervin

Gabe Ervin, Buford, Running Back

Gabe Ervin's High School Timeline

Gabe Ervin from Georgia POWERHOUSE 5A STate CHamps in 2019. He was NOT dominant in the high school championship but the other team was really good, except for their FG unit. Georgia high schools have TONS of talent, as do Florida and North Carolina.

He is not blazing fast so he will be run down. But he is fast enough. Along the lines of Dedrick Mills, IMHO.

Schools to watch out for, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Florida IMHO. He loved his visit at Georgia, but Georgia has a commit from Lovasea Carroll from IMG sports academy.(not really a high school), but pretends to be.

Gabe Ervin Talks Recruiting Momentum and Georgia

Q: Having lived in Georgia most of your life, what did it mean to you when the biggest program in the state made you that offer?

"It was awesome! I've always dreamed of playing big-time, playing at the Georgias the Alabamas, you know? So, getting the opportunity to play at a great school like Georgia has just encouraged me to work even harder."

I see similarities to ex-commit Christopher Paul, who I never put anything about because he was SEC all the way. The only thing that makes me hopeful is GEORGIA was in the final five and he turned them down.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Independence Day commitment for those who haven't heard... Latrell Neville, from Texas committed... good sized WR, good speed. good get. Likely a composite four star when all is said and done IMO

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
random commitment from a completely off the radar prospect. Lardarius Webb Jr. a 5'10" Defensive back. His dad played for the Baltimore Ravens. He's not rated by any sites currently.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
random commitment from a completely off the radar prospect. Lardarius Webb Jr. a 5'10" Defensive back. His dad played for the Baltimore Ravens. He's not rated by any sites currently.

I'm seeing an awful lot of coal.

Initially, I thought maybe Lardarius had not finished growing. I read about his Dad, he was 5' 10" and played at Nichols State(plus Div I Mississippi and Southern Miss). Senior fathered Lardarius at the age of 16.

Junior played well in High School on a bad team. No idea on his speed or how high he can jump. Junior does have good blood lines.

Rivals gave him three stars.

I am way more excited about Latrell Neville than Lardarius Webb.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about his height/weight. Just can he run, hit, and play smart?

Baron Miles was 5'8" 165 lbs
Mike Minter was 5'10" 175 lbs

If Nebraska doesn't get better up-front on both sides of the ball, having skill elsewhere is a waste anyway.

If a team can't compete on the line of scrimmage they lower their chances of winning games exponentially. They struggled with South Alabama for gawd's sake.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My enthusiasm for recruiting has evaporated.

With the Covid19, I can understand why players are leaving and wanting to be closer to home. I told my wife I am glad our youngest graduated and I don't have to worry about him going to the University and being infected. Even though he is young, strong, and rarely falls ill.

For Nebraska, the loss of Gray, Francois, and Spielman, one player with proven talent and two that had very high potential is worrisome.

Clemson has had a lot of decommittments and they are in a rich recruiting region.

Is an epic decommitment season coming across college football?

The grim race for college football's top decommitment class

Looks like young men from Florida love to commit and decommit.

sqjvx6g.jpg

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not super stoked with the way recruiting is going right now either. I gotta say, Frost and Co have been dealt the weirdest first three year hand I've ever witnessed. Just weird. You got a rained out first game, then a first game lost because of a late hit on 4th and 15 that set the trend for a 4-8 season.

Then the next year we have controversy with Mo Washington, really weird games AND an injury prone season at the skill positions and at QB.

Then... Covid-19 for this spring and summer.

Just dang weird.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention our special teams was cursed last year. I just re-watched the Illini game and holy cow we could have very easily lost that game. reverse side of the coin is that we could have won the Iowa game and colorado game. I agree peaks and valleys so far hopefully this is the year it levels out.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention our special teams was cursed last year. I just re-watched the Illini game and holy cow we could have very easily lost that game. reverse side of the coin is that we could have won the Iowa game and colorado game. I agree peaks and valleys so far hopefully this is the year it levels out.

If Nebraska wins that Colorado game early in the season and last season is different in IMO they win more games and go to a bowl game. Psychology plays more into football then one thinks. They lost that Colorado game and they allowed doubt to worm into their heads.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be stronger have any of you seen the Deval videos that he is posting on Twitter? Ty Robinson is a monster. We will be a better team this year then last.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be stronger have any of you seen the Deval videos that he is posting on Twitter? Ty Robinson is a monster. We will be a better team this year then last.

I'm at the "Show me on the field" stage of Fandom. No more kool-aid for this guy.

feel same as you Tom, they’ve showed all the Duval hype stuff last 2 years and hasn’t shown up on field yet. I just can’t get over hyped to be disappointed

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not super stoked with the way recruiting is going right now either. I gotta say, Frost and Co have been dealt the weirdest first three year hand I've ever witnessed. Just weird. You got a rained out first game, then a first game lost because of a late hit on 4th and 15 that set the trend for a 4-8 season.

Then the next year we have controversy with Mo Washington, really weird games AND an injury prone season at the skill positions and at QB.

Then... Covid-19 for this spring and summer.

Just dang weird.

Doesn't matter. we're all in on our native son. He'll get at least what bopleeny got. That was 7 years.

GBR

#allN

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another commit yesterday... 3-star DB from Georgia

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska could be adding 2020 addition today in JUCO 4-Star CB Nadab Joseph... stay tuned

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska could be adding 2020 addition today in JUCO 4-Star CB Nadab Joseph... stay tuned

nadab joseph is big time. fast, tall, can sky, a great athlete. he has all the physical tools. Course work could be a problem. makes up for the henry gray loss.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nadab joseph is big time. fast, tall, can sky, a great athlete. he has all the physical tools. Course work could be a problem. makes up for the henry gray loss.

he's enrolled and on campus, so course work not an issue

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nebraska wins that Colorado game early in the season and last season is different in IMO they win more games and go to a bowl game. Psychology plays more into football then one thinks. They lost that Colorado game and they allowed doubt to worm into their heads.

Speaking of CU I think it's funny that the fans here in Boulder truly think that Huskers/Buffs is a rivalry.

Nebraska has a dominating 49-20-2 all time lead. That's not a rivalry. That's getting slapped around by your neighbor.