• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2021 ALCS-Red Sox v. Astros

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally don’t like to bitch about umpires, as I feel like it all balances out in the end. That said, the home plate ump was fucking terrible tonight.

It was bad, both ways. At first I was concentrating on the strikes out of the zone called on Astros hitters, but then began to notice he was all over the place. It's one thing when you have bad umpiring on a game in the middle of June, but this is the LCS. Forget the seniority, get the best umpiring crew.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I would have preferred to DFA him a while ago but there was at least *some* rationale to bringing in Perez (Brantley has struggled with lefties throughout his career). Of couse, I don't know how valuable that kind of data is when you have a crappy pitcher on the mound.

I still think bringing in Eovaldi was a dumber move, though I guess he's still available for G6?

Yeah that comment was less of a shot at Cora in game. I honestly have no idea what options they even had.

More so, no clue why Perez is still getting roster space in general. Then again, pretty sure Hector Santiago was even employed for a while this year. Pickings are slim.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the ole damned if u do and damned if u dont it was his BP day and mgrs do this all the time
only way sox win is if they score a ton of runs cause the BP struggles to hold a lead

but hey we building for the future:suds:

Yep, not going to win many games when you score only 2 runs.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that comment was less of a shot at Cora in game. I honestly have no idea what options they even had.

More so, no clue why Perez is still getting roster space in general. Then again, pretty sure Hector Santiago was even employed for a while this year. Pickings are slim.

Perez had a good start to the season (3.09 ERA in his first 11 starts), but he was also getting lucky with home runs (only 4 HR allowed). He saw that regress in a huge way after, putting up a 7.13 ERA in his next 11 starts with 13 home runs allowed in a mere 40.1 IP before losing his slot in the rotation. Richards lost his spot in the rotation as well once Sale was back and it's pretty much been Sale/Eovaldi/Eduardo/Pivetta/Houck. If there's one good thing this year, it's that they haven't had many pitching injuries at all and they've only really used 7 starting pitchers all year outside of a few starts from Seabold/Peacock/Crawford.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna go out on a limb and say if the Sox don’t get a man on base, they won’t win this game

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale wiggled out of potential trouble in the 4th, and set Houston down in order in the 5th to keep it a 1-0 game.

Now where in the hell have the Sox bats gone??

They're still searching for their 1st hit...heading to the home 5th.

It's getting late early out there.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible defensive team