• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-22 Season Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think you can do anything right now. Just gotta see if this team responds and let this roster play out the rest of this year. Ideally, you start playing young guys more minutes and let them get the experience. It's less about winning games and more about seeing what you have. But as of right now, Kings are playing their vets a ton, and still not winning. As for this year, you've made the decisions already, so we have to let this play out and see what comes about. 60 games is fine if that's the number.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DD Is out 8 to 10 weeks or something..... I guess that will be some less veteran time on the ice, Of course it's one of the few guys you want out there teaching them how to fucking play

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. No identity as stated. It's been this way for a while, this isn't new.
2. Size is a massive issue. On both ends but specifically on D.
3. All that "best prospect pool" talk? Still talk. No one has made an impact at the NHL level. This actually goes back to Dumbos tenure, last solid player was Pearson from 2012 and even then he was an overage draftee after being passed up in 2010.or 2011 I believe. The developmental team has failed.
4. Misidentified the team again, at least in 2018 they were coming off a PO series, Kopitar was a runner up for the Hart, Quick shut everything down, Doughty was in the Norris discussion so I could justify signing Kovalchuk. This season he gets a defensive center who can't hit the ocean with a puck, a winger who has clearly regressed and an old veteran on defense like last year after trading a 2nd for Maatta who hasn't fit in. Not only did he blow cap space for years, he clearly doesn't know what this team needs and it's showing. That is called ineptitude.
3. Blake literally seems like he has no idea what he is doing. For a guy who was tutored by Dumbo he sure is a dumb ass. In fact that's how I'm going to refer to them both now as, Dumbo and Dumbass.

This is not an overreaction, this team is built poorly and will not win anything. They need to clear house and get people in who know what they're doing, not former players or connections to the franchise.

Fucking embarrassment.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. No identity as stated. It's been this way for a while, this isn't new.
2. Size is a massive issue. On both ends but specifically on D.
3. All that "best prospect pool" talk? Still talk. No one has made an impact at the NHL level. This actually goes back to Dumbos tenure, last solid player was Pearson from 2012 and even then he was an overage draftee after being passed up in 2010.or 2011 I believe. The developmental team has failed.
4. Misidentified the team again, at least in 2018 they were coming off a PO series, Kopitar was a runner up for the Hart, Quick shut everything down, Doughty was in the Norris discussion so I could justify signing Kovalchuk. This season he gets a defensive center who can't hit the ocean with a puck, a winger who has clearly regressed and an old veteran on defense like last year after trading a 2nd for Maatta who hasn't fit in. Not only did he blow cap space for years, he clearly doesn't know what this team needs and it's showing. That is called ineptitude.
3. Blake literally seems like he has no idea what he is doing. For a guy who was tutored by Dumbo he sure is a dumb ass. In fact that's how I'm going to refer to them both now as, Dumbo and Dumbass.

This is not an overreaction, this team is built poorly and will not win anything. They need to clear house and get people in who know what they're doing, not former players or connections to the franchise.

Fucking embarrassment.
I'll add to this list in that the lack of identity should also be a direct reflection on the coaching. McLellan at every stop he's been at (SJ, EDM) prior to this, I've always felt his teams never truly had a structure in place in order to cultivate an identity. I admit, I'm not an expert, but his teams have been overly reliant on "skill" vs. defensive responsibility. While SJ had some big bodies during his time there, I wouldn't have put them into the same class as the Kings during that time with regards to physicality. This is a MAJOR component that this team has been lacking for the better part of the past 5 years.

IMO, McLellan needs to be canned before the calendar turns 2022.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add to this list in that the lack of identity should also be a direct reflection on the coaching. McLellan at every stop he's been at (SJ, EDM) prior to this, I've always felt his teams never truly had a structure in place in order to cultivate an identity. I admit, I'm not an expert, but his teams have been overly reliant on "skill" vs. defensive responsibility. While SJ had some big bodies during his time there, I wouldn't have put them into the same class as the Kings during that time with regards to physicality. This is a MAJOR component that this team has been lacking for the better part of the past 5 years.

IMO, McLellan needs to be canned before the calendar turns 2022.
Agreed!!! I know there are some who think we should wait a while, but there is NO WAY I can sit here and watch them play this way another 50 games. They cant kill a power play. They have the same predictable power play with that stupid drop pass to Kempe. No creativity at all. Its embarrassing.

I will say that some of the games have been close, but you know watching the games they will not pull it out. Get rid of Lucky, Blake and Mclellan. If they do it sooner rather than later they may be able to change the culture for this season.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they're injured, and I feel for Walker and Doughty. But this is where the depth comes in...oh wait, you drafted a bunch of supposed skilled forwards the last 4 years instead of evenly spreading it out when it was obvious every position needs help.

There is no depth, nothing is coming from within. Nothing. The Legend? Third or fourth liner at best. Clarke? Three years too late.

This guy has set this franchise back at least 3-4 years. If we're lucky at this point, maybe his injury history as a player strikes again as a GM and he needs to step down.

At least Dumbo had a plan, he drafted properly, addressed holes both long and short term and gave this team an identity as a tough team who you will battle every night. This guy? Amateur night. Thinks it's a gold league in roller on a Tuesday night. He is building this team to be Toronto West minus actual talent.

GTFO here Blake. And Blake lovers. He is garbage and you have NOTHING to prove your faith to him. He is a terrible GM and he has proven it.

Thank God his contract is up in June.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another lead headed into the 3rd period blown last night. 3rd one in last 10 days or so.

Just want to keep a tally going.
Entering 3rd period with the lead against Nashville, Dallas, and now Winnipeg and end up losing all 3. Dallas they salvaged a point, but other two they lost outright.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another lead headed into the 3rd period blown last night. 3rd one in last 10 days or so.

Just want to keep a tally going.
Entering 3rd period with the lead against Nashville, Dallas, and now Winnipeg and end up losing all 3. Dallas they salvaged a point, but other two they lost outright.

You gotta fight...for your Wright...for draaaaaaaaaft picks!*

=)~~

*who will garner a circle jerk but surmount to nothing. I want Dumbo back.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass looking for help on defense.

Walker is on LTIR and is a $2.65 million cap hit. Long story short because there is a calculation involved for LTIR but they can look for a guy who makes about $2.5 million or less.

Vatanen is playing in Europe and is a RHD/RD but he is in the same smallish mold the Kings are in, 5'10"/185. He'd have to clear Waivers coming back into the NHL but basically he should be a King by tomorrow because...Blake.

=)~~

Not a lot out there, and even then I don't trust Blake to get someone decent. The Kings literally have $150,000 in cap space available, capped out teams are contenders, not bottom feeders.

It's alarming how he blew this cap space on a team that will most likely be picking in the top 3 in June.

At least Dumbo capped out and got us fans 2 Cups.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not saving this season no matter how many you fire and who you replace them with. Waiting for 50 or 60 games shows all potential candidates you gave them a chance to right the ship and failed....they do all need to be gone, but you dont really gain anything doing it now.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember saying they where blowing their cap many times......but what ya gonna

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember saying they where blowing their cap many times......but what ya gonna

Some of us did, go back to the Offseason thread. I was very vocal about it, I know you were too. There is a reason Danault came to LA, it was the money. A 3C making $5.5 million? Sign me up, I'd do it too and played defense 90% of my life.

Just bad moves all around that didn't make sense then and are showing don't make sense now. Even before Doughty and Walker's injuries this team was not playing well at all.

It's aggravating because almost 5 years into Dumbos tenure this team made a playoff appearance (and got killed but started to learn how to win), but almost 5 years into Bowlbys tenure the Kings are still a lottery team and I have to read myopic articles on The Athletic about how stacked they are. Even worse is reading fan comments, I swear LGK migrated there.

There aren't enough paper towels in the world to wipe the jizz off their face (thanks Wup! I miss that guy, that line from the early 2000s is still gold) these people had thinking this is a championship pipeline. They simply aren't and that falls on Blake. The executives all leaving, wasn't that a red flag? Clearly they saw things different than he did but sadly he is the boss. I commend them for standing their ground and saying see ya vs staying around to see something unrealistic they don't agree with. But what they saw worked.

One guy knew what he was doing, the other guy is an idiot. And it's painful AF to watch.

Last edited:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canadians about the only team the Kings match up with.....plus they suck ass.

Arvidsson looked good to me, noticed him a lot and not in a bad way. Could be due to playing a bunch of boys.

Cantplay....get him off the PP, fucking liability.

Still fun to see them winning, but its almost beer league no contact hockey out there

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team is better than what they have showed so far, but still many pieces short of being a legit contender.

Now that we have a team in Seattle I have been watching them pretty closely and I think the Kraken have a piece that would benefit the Kings and that is Carson Soucy. Big strong defenseman that can play on both ends of the ice, can play a mean game if need be. Kraken are pretty loaded with established D-men (Gio, Larsson, Oleksiak) and then have some talented prospects in Dunn, Lauzon, Fleury, Borgen, etc. For whatever reason Soucy has been the odd man out and I believe a healthy scratch but he is a 3-4 D man on most teams, but probably plays top D line at the moment if he were a King.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Cantplay off the freakin PP already, yeesh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 wins in a row, so gotta give some props. Came back from 3rd period deficits against Buffalo and St. Louis, so that's positive too. Although, having a Power Play to end the game and still giving up the tying goal feels on brand for this current Kings team. Still had 50 seconds of PP to start OT too and didn't do anything with it. But, win is a win and got it done in shootout vs a good Blues team.

Can't say anything is "solved" but def showing some resiliency and a little heart so I'd take that right now. Keep seeing more time for these young guys is also something I can get behind.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My over reaction comment was in reference to Vegas and not LA.