• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to agree. I base my judgements on the season so far as a whole instead of recency bias, but it's hard to overlook his struggles as of late. The most concerning thing to me is that Steph has always been a really great finisher at the rim and this year he's missing all the layups. Some are of course more difficult than others but it just seems like he's a tick off on all of them. Last night against your Heat, I would say at least half of his shots were good clean looks. He just didn't knock them down.

As of right now KD, Jokic and Giannis are all ahead of Steph. He's in that 3-6 range.

It is recency bias.

But you know what, barring a major team slump, GS is going to have the record to support an MVP.

So Curry is 1 hot streak and a minor KD injury from being back on top.

If we are talking odds to actually win the award, LeBron, Jokic and maybe even Giannis need a lot more to go their way to get to that level than Curry does.

The only thing I know for sure is what the guys did in December is not going to determine much of anything.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is recency bias.

But you know what, barring a major team slump, GS is going to have the record to support an MVP.

If we are talking odds to actually win the award, LeBron, Jokic and maybe even Giannis need a lot more to go their way to get to that level than Curry does.

The only thing I know for sure is what the guys did in December is not going to determine much of anything.

Naturally there is an ebb and flow to the season. We could be seeing valleys from some players and peaks for others. Who knows. But at this moment in time, the only thing you can really do is evaluate currently. I think its fair for people to shift their rankings in December as it is very early.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the last player to win the MVP and a championship? Lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 3 pt % is getting close to eclipsing his 2 pt %. That would be weird to see, but ultimately with help on the way as soon as this weekend potentially I think he bounces back with less pressure on his back.
Help? He already has one of the best supporting casts but obviously Klay is great.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) this made me think of something. When I was in college at OU I used to play in pickup games. Brent Price just happened to be there one day in the summertime and I got to try to guard him. I say try because he was pretty much unguardable by anyone else in that game. He did let me get off one shot though and somehow it went in. So I scored on someone that played in the NBA lol, definitely a one time deal. Anyone have any stories of getting to play with someone?

Jamaal Tinsley. Before he went to Iowa St. he played at the local JC out here. Some very good friends have a son who I had coached in youth leagues and high school was the starting center for that team.

Back then, I was still playing in rec leagues and could play a little bit, so when they needed more bodies for pickup games, they'd invite me to play. I usually ended up guarding him because we were close in size (he was 6'3", I'm 6'2"). I could stay with him a little by playing him physical (I was older and knew some tricks)...but when he decided to really turn it on...it was pretty much game over. lol

When I played junior college football, we had a receiver on the team named Stephone Paige. He played 8 or 9 years for the Chiefs. If memory serves, he held the single game receiving yards record for a little bit before Flipper Anderson broke it.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is one (James is the other) who could take a team to the playoffs by himself.

Modern day Iverson with the most deadly 3 pt shot.

Think about why he takes so many 3s per game….

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help? He already has one of the best supporting casts but obviously Klay is great.
Best supporting casts: always knew you were a big Draymond and Wiggins fan

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is one (James is the other) who could take a team to the playoffs by himself.

Modern day Iverson with the most deadly 3 pt shot.

Think about why he takes so many 3s per game….
You sure about that? Curry couldn’t do it last season. Until I see it, Lebron is the only player bc we actually saw it happen but I believe KD could do it as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best supporting casts: always knew you were a big Draymond and Wiggins fan
Already said Kerr deserves a ton of credit but Wiggins’ growth as well as Poole’s development has a lot to do with it. System is a big key imo. I mean how do you explain it considering Steph is having one of worst seasons of his career..are they just magically improved? LOL

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) this made me think of something. When I was in college at OU I used to play in pickup games. Brent Price just happened to be there one day in the summertime and I got to try to guard him. I say try because he was pretty much unguardable by anyone else in that game. He did let me get off one shot though and somehow it went in. So I scored on someone that played in the NBA lol, definitely a one time deal. Anyone have any stories of getting to play with someone?

I've only played against a few guys who have gone pro overseas. Closest to the NBA is that I played with a guy who made it to the NBA Summer League after playing in college.

Bob Myers still plays at the local Y in pick up games. My friend has played against him a bunch and says that Bob just dominates lol.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I played with and against a few UVA guys from the early 2000s who made it to the NBA.

Roger Mason Jr. and Sean Singletary

But the best story I have is Rick Brunson. He was a real piece of work. While on the basketball staff at UVA he got picked up by one of the top teams in our local Men’s league. Team was always top 2-3 in the league, but they had their worst season the year they added Brunson.

When we played them, Brunson basically played 1 on 5. Demanding teammates give him the ball while he took shot after shot over double and triple teams to prove himself.

Brunson scored about 45 on us, but we still won the game as the rest of his teammates stood and watched.

Brunson was not on the team the following season.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already said Kerr deserves a ton of credit but Wiggins’ growth as well as Poole’s development has a lot to do with it. System is a big key imo. I mean how do you explain it considering Steph is having one of worst seasons of his career..are they just magically improved? LOL

Because they have the right pieces in the system. We saw the same exact system last year and it was not nearly the same. Steph is the system. So when you run the system without the right "others" around him, it fails. This year is different because Poole has stepped up as a legitimate 3rd scorer for the team. Wiggins is even better this year from last year.

But mostly the difference is the amount of 3 point shooting and floor spacing the Warriors have provided. Otto Porter Jr. has been incredible.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...Kerr is underrated.

Curry is having a 'bad' season...for him. His numbers are still terrific.

The reasons they are doing so well even without Klay are:

1. Commitment to defense
2. Wiggins thriving on both ends in a better role than he had in Minny
3. Emergence of Poole
4. Rededication of Draymond who is having his best year since 2016
5. Very well constructed and deep roster that all fits together and plays unselfishly. Basically the anti-Lakers

Now add Klay (and Wiseman) for the playoffs. Loving it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is recency bias.

What about November?