• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Atlanta has some people out, but how the hell do you lose to Portland without CJ and Dame? Hawks digging themselves a hole in the East

The news flash on my phone was Trae's 56 pts, didn't even realize that Simons went for 43 and Portland won lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks as though the Rondo trade to Cleveland is now complete. Lakers trade Rondo to Cleveland for Denzel Valentine, who was then shipped to New York who sent the Lakers the rights to a French bigman named Lebeyrie, a second rounder in 2014. Dude is never going to play for the Lakers apparently. Nunn is about to be back from major injuries as well.

Yeah, exchanging draft rights to long forgotten foreign players is just a way around the NBA rule that a team has to take an asset back in any trade.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,914.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout the Pistons beating the Bucks last night! Who could of predicted that!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when he was drafted- I was hoping he could be Bam in a couple years......but his athleticism is better, his defense is if not already better, will be soon, he has a little more dog in him.

To me- he looks like Davis did when he was young except with more toughness and a better head for the game and more defense and he looks like he doesnt have the need to make it about himself.

also- i do think KAT is incredible and doesnt get the credit he deserves- especially the last year or two. When he was young he had some growing up to do- but he is amazing now.

He's like the second coming of Anthony Randolph.

LOL, Jk, dude looks special. He's like a modern day version of KG, if KG was trained specifically for today's style of NBA play. There's still plenty of room for him to grow too which is scary. But more importantly he's being given an opportunity to go out, play, make mistakes and learn on the fly. That's extremely beneficial for players. Court time is everything.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't a top 3 candidate and he is getting close to not being a top 5 candidate

Starting to agree. I base my judgements on the season so far as a whole instead of recency bias, but it's hard to overlook his struggles as of late. The most concerning thing to me is that Steph has always been a really great finisher at the rim and this year he's missing all the layups. Some are of course more difficult than others but it just seems like he's a tick off on all of them. Last night against your Heat, I would say at least half of his shots were good clean looks. He just didn't knock them down.

As of right now KD, Jokic and Giannis are all ahead of Steph. He's in that 3-6 range.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to agree. I base my judgements on the season so far as a whole instead of recency bias, but it's hard to overlook his struggles as of late. The most concerning thing to me is that Steph has always been a really great finisher at the rim and this year he's missing all the layups. Some are of course more difficult than others but it just seems like he's a tick off on all of them. Last night against your Heat, I would say at least half of his shots were good clean looks. He just didn't knock them down.

As of right now KD, Jokic and Giannis are all ahead of Steph. He's in that 3-6 range.
His 3 point attempts are up (can't blame him being the greatest shooter ever) but you mentioned his ability to finish at the rim and I realize he does drive and dish but he also has the mid-range which seems to be out of his arsenal this year. He should try to get better quality shots, easier said than done. I think he is just going through a long funk, it happens just surprising it's going on for some long.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 3 point attempts are up (can't blame him being the greatest shooter ever) but you mentioned his ability to finish at the rim and I realize he does drive and dish but he also has the mid-range which seems to be out of his arsenal this year. He should try to get better quality shots, easier said than done. I think he is just going through a long funk, it happens just surprising it's going on for some long.

His 3 pt % is getting close to eclipsing his 2 pt %. That would be weird to see, but ultimately with help on the way as soon as this weekend potentially I think he bounces back with less pressure on his back.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's like the second coming of Anthony Randolph.

LOL, Jk, dude looks special. He's like a modern day version of KG, if KG was trained specifically for today's style of NBA play. There's still plenty of room for him to grow too which is scary. But more importantly he's being given an opportunity to go out, play, make mistakes and learn on the fly. That's extremely beneficial for players. Court time is everything.
KG on pep pills… Fucking Cavs get lucky again. :behindsofa:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, the record chase fucked him up a lot. It was clear he was pressing. He had a bad shooting game and the next game he would just come out firing, instead of letting the game come to him. I think he's still a bit stuck in the mindset that he has to do everything in order for them to even have a shot at winning. That was very much the case for him last year. This year the team is playing much better as a whole and we have a few guys who can score reliably as we saw last night with Poole and Wiggins.

I think we'll see a much better version of him though once Klay comes back. He'll be more active in looking for opportunities to set him up. It'll allow for a better flow to Steph's game.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because i never guarded him
:) this made me think of something. When I was in college at OU I used to play in pickup games. Brent Price just happened to be there one day in the summertime and I got to try to guard him. I say try because he was pretty much unguardable by anyone else in that game. He did let me get off one shot though and somehow it went in. So I scored on someone that played in the NBA lol, definitely a one time deal. Anyone have any stories of getting to play with someone?