• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Poole switching places with Steph tonight, just back from 10 days in a hotel for Covid. Dude's gonna be a star somewhere (won't be with us sadly, dude is too good to not start)

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing a little "load management" won't cure.....lol
He may be tired having to carry the whole load but if Poole and Wiggins and Klay keep stepping up it's fine. MVP ain't shit, we want rings

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,593.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be tired having to carry the whole load but if Poole and Wiggins and Klay keep stepping up it's fine. MVP ain't shit, we want rings
Honestly I'm not gonna expect too much from Klay from the onset when he returns.
I'll give him 12-15 games at maybe 14-20 minutes per game before he gets back into his comfort zone..and then go from there, and hopefully into a high level once again.
It'll have to be touch and go for a few weeks.....can't rush him back....it's gotta be gradual.

As far as the Steph MVP banter goes.....nothing is off the table.....and AFAIC, he's still top 3 or 4 currently IMHO.

Last edited:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm not gonna expect too much from Klay from the onset when he returns.
I'll give him 12-15 games at maybe 14-20 minutes per game before he gets back into his comfort zone..and then go from there, and hopefully into a high level once again.
It'll have to be touch and go for a few weeks.....can't rush him back....it's gotta be gradual.

As far as the Steph MVP banter goes.....nothing is off the table.....and AFAIC, he's still top 3 or 4 currently IMHO.
We have the luxury of taking it slow with Klay, thanks to being so good without him. Especially defensively. He doesn't need to be 100%, no savior needed. Just contribute, which he will

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Atlanta has some people out, but how the hell do you lose to Portland without CJ and Dame? Hawks digging themselves a hole in the East

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors had 39 assists on a night Curry goes 3 for 17

Just sayin'

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,593.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm less polite
Sometimes I am too...but it's getting a bit late, and I think most of them have already signed off.
It's Saul Good, man.

better call saul bcs GIF by netflixlat

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe I was a little hard on Kuzma, lol.

look at this freaking play though. Its insane. Evan Mobley is the guy the cavs have been looking for. Just unbelievable. That is a 7 footer doing that who hasnt not played 40 NBA games yet.

Honestly- Giannis, Durant, Doncic, Jokic, are the only guys I would consider in a Mobley deal.

I would not trade Mobley for any of Tatum (simply going to be more impactful), Embiid (becuase of injuries), Davis (no heart, injury prone), Booker (simply going to be better), LEBron (age), Lillard (age, height), Harden (age), Kyrie (crazy),

Curry (34 in 2 months) and Ja Morant (incredible- but not many titles from lead men that are his size), are the 2 guys I am not sure about. Embiid is close- but the injuries are why I would not. If Embiid was healthier than he has been- then he would prob. be a yes.

Durant would never be happy in Cleveland. Jokic, Doncic, Giannis- and only if they had contracts spanning at least 4 years. Thats it. And even Jokic cant effect both ends of the floor (but he is a phenomenal MVP in his prime).

who else should even be considered?

the more I see- the more I am convinced he has All NBA first team written all over him. He is not LeBron or Durant- but he is just that next step down.

I think he is an All Star in year 2- and he makes a LOT of all star teams. Lets hope he has some Giannis in him, and the Cavs continue to draft well, and Dan keeps the wallet open. Because he can do big things.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the non-LeBron/Durant category---- Anthony Davis is the best prospect I have seen in about 2 decades. It has been a long time, but Mobley seems more impressive. Davis, starting in his 3rd year went for 24.4, 24.3, 28.0, 28.1, 25.9, 26.1 (before the last 2 seasons going 21.8, 23.8).

I dont think Mobley gets to 28 points a game if the Cavs are a good team- and I dont think they would want that. But I think he will be more impactful. Be a better defender, passer, and team player.

He came back from covid, saw the Cavs needed scoring, and just started going for 20 a game. If the Cavs were bad, and they featured him I am sure he could average 20 right now---- but its not what is good for the team when the team is healthy.

Now- there are "win-now" considerations in that post above....of course if you are trying to "win now" you would rather have Booker or Tatum or LeBron.....but Mobley is just more valuable to a franchise when you look out down the line at what he WILL (not could) be.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when he was drafted- I was hoping he could be Bam in a couple years......but his athleticism is better, his defense is if not already better, will be soon, he has a little more dog in him.

To me- he looks like Davis did when he was young except with more toughness and a better head for the game and more defense and he looks like he doesnt have the need to make it about himself.

also- i do think KAT is incredible and doesnt get the credit he deserves- especially the last year or two. When he was young he had some growing up to do- but he is amazing now.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks as though the Rondo trade to Cleveland is now complete. Lakers trade Rondo to Cleveland for Denzel Valentine, who was then shipped to New York who sent the Lakers the rights to a French bigman named Lebeyrie, a second rounder in 2014. Dude is never going to play for the Lakers apparently. Nunn is about to be back from major injuries as well.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone was saying to buy him out over the summer. At least I didn’t think that was what people meant. Summer buyouts are pretty rare.

The speculation I heard was always about Love being available mid season as a buyout.

So they were going to get a chance to see what he could do.
This.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derozan has been better than Lavine outside of 3pt shooting.

This might not be Cp3 to Phoenix level raising because they added more guys as you stated.

But, he has been the best player, on the best team * record wise * in the East.

That's not nothing.

Love Zach.

But, he's never even led them to the playoffs.

So, it's not really a slap in the face...imo
This.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait until Klay comes back…you can already tell he is showboating from the bench. A win is a win though.
I still don’t understand the Curry for MVP talk…no evidence to support that. One of the worst seasons of his career offensively
He is forcing it a bit.