• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there's no question Embiid's the better defensive player. But when comparing them this season that's all you have to fall back on. In just about every other comparison Jokic is having the better all around season.

I don't really care if Embiid gets MVP or not. But arguing that Jokic is having a better season because he has more assists while Embiid has more points and is defensively significantly better is not a great argument.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m critical of all self serving people

Everyone is self serving. At least as far as trying to create/find the best situation for themselves and their family that they can. The only difference is that some have more power to do that than others because they are more valuable to the organization they work for than others.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care about MVP awards, I care about my favorite teams winning championships. But I will be surprised if Embiid loses the MVP vote, even if it winds up being tight now. It seems he has done enough to earn it statistically speaking, and has stayed healthy which was the knock in prior years. Other than missing some time due to Covid early, he has played big minutes all season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care if Embiid gets MVP or not. But arguing that Jokic is having a better season because he has more assists while Embiid has more points and is defensively significantly better is not a great argument.
Analytics now rule sports. In analytics, they reward Jack of all trades type of players (except defense of course). In this type of analysis one can’t even consider that if Embiid is forced to give up the ball enough to rack up 8 assists, his team is likely losing because what they value more is him scoring the ball and getting the other team in foul trouble.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care about MVP awards, I care about my favorite teams winning championships. But I will be surprised if Embiid loses the MVP vote, even if it winds up being tight now. It seems he has done enough to earn it statistically speaking, and has stayed healthy which was the knock in prior years. Other than missing some time due to Covid early, he has played big minutes all season.
It’s over. That Bontemps final straw poll has predicted the MVP every year he’s done it. Analytics now rule the sport. It is what it is.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is self serving. At least as far as trying to create/find the best situation for themselves and their family that they can. The only difference is that some have more power to do that than others because they are more valuable to the organization they work for than others.
You know some of the things Lebron has done that made him look stupid to those paying attention. Doesn’t mean on the court he’s not one of the greats.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know some of the things Lebron has done that made him look stupid to those paying attention. Doesn’t mean on the court he’s not one of the greats.

We call him LeGoat James in the streets

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying Jokic is having a better season because he averages more assists.

I'm saying Jokic is having the better all around season because of these things.

-lead the league in double-doubles

-leads the league in trip-dubs

-he's the only player in the top 10 in pts, rebs & asts

-1st in win shares*

- 1st in box +/-*

-1st in value over replacement players*

-1st in player efficiency rating*

* = if those numbers mean nothing then they wouldn't have been mentioned during the Nuggets nationally televised game on 3/22

Jokic also has a better FG% .583 to .492 & averages more rebounds 13.7 to 11.6.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Jokic is having a better season because he averages more assists.

I'm saying Jokic is having the better all around season because of these things.

-1st in win shares*

- 1st in box +/-*

* = if those numbers mean nothing then they wouldn't have been mentioned during the Nuggets nationally televised game on 3/22

An analytics wet dream.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll say this, the voters have more choices than normal this year and it will be tough

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-1st in win shares*

- 1st in box +/-*

Advanced stats also say that Jokic is a better defensive player. Better DBPM and better DWS. Does anyone on the planet think that is true?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An analytics wet dream.

And yet you mentioned Embiid's scoring average. It's odd that one stat means something to you but not the other ones. Like I said you only pay attention to the head to head numbers that your guy has the lead in. If Embiid isn't leading in a category you ignore it.