• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way it's extremely close. Could see Giannis make a late push also.

I guess if it's me I go with Joel to award a first timer to break the tie
Another thing I come back to:
Do we really want to live in a world where Nikola Jokic has two MVPs and Joel Embiid has none? Doesn’t seem right.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid pushed his PPG last night to 30.2. Shaq never averaged 30 for a season. Hakeem never averaged 30 for a season.
Moses Malone averaged 30 a game once (1981 31.1 PPG). Kareem did it 4 times with the Bucks!

Joel Embiid is in rare air.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuggets record vs .500 or better teams 20-23
Sixers record vs .500 or better teams 28-22

It is not the best team award. You still dont know what the mvp award is? Bringing up the nuggets record vs teams over .500 is completely irrelevant here

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not the best team award. You still dont know what the mvp award is? Bringing up the nuggets record vs teams over .500 is completely irrelevant here
Sure it’s relevant when a good part of the Jokic narrative is their record despite missing Murray. I mean the other side of that is that without him there are more stats for Jokic to stuff. And there is no criteria for MVP. That’s why there’s a debate. But don’t worry. The Fat Kid will be the MVorP.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it’s relevant when a good part of the Jokic narrative is their record despite missing Murray. I mean the other side of that is that without him there are more stats for Jokic to stuff. And there is no criteria for MVP. That’s why there’s a debate. But don’t worry. The Fat Kid will be the MVorP.

If record was the only thing that mattered then nba isn't a top 3 candidate

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you have against fat people?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you are fat shaming. Not cool
What are you talking about? He’s 300 pounds of one of the greatest athletes in the world.

Mars says Yo Slim! Show me your two inch vertical!
1649073854032.png

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know lebron hates this man

About a dozen years ago, I used to work with Nike for a job I had. I met a lot of their PR team in Oregon.

I heard from a bunch of them that, contrary to the public opinion at the time, which was still impacted by Kobe's sexual assault case, Kobe was a great guy who everyone liked working with because he was smart, showed up on time and was engaged in his shoe lines and stuff.

Lebron by contrast, everyone seemed to regard as an entitled asshole who didn't show up to things on time, didn't help design or promote his sneakers well, and treated people poorly.

Now I think Lebron has matured a lot since then, but I think a lot of people behind the scenes who work with these top athletes hate Lebron.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your avatar. How odd. Do you realize you're the only person on this site that insists on calling Jokic fat & sloppy? Fat & sloppy players don't put up the numbers he's putting up this season or last season.

The Nuggets just aren't missing Murray their 2nd best player. They're also missing their 3rd best player MPJ.

You comment # 21,702 where you mention Embiid's ppg. You said stats are for JV bench players. Seems you don't mind mentioning the stats when they favor Embiid.

So stats are valid if they favor your guy but invalid if they don't?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going to clown an opposing big, it's gotta be Rudy Gobert, right?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your avatar. How odd. Do you realize you're the only person on this site that insists on calling Jokic fat & sloppy? Fat & sloppy players don't put up the numbers he's putting up this season or last season.

The Nuggets just aren't missing Murray their 2nd best player. They're also missing their 3rd best player MPJ.

You comment # 21,702 where you mention Embiid's ppg. You said stats are for JV bench players. Seems you don't mind mentioning the stats when they favor Embiid.

So stats are valid if they favor your guy but invalid if they don't?
You should post the same shit over and over again.

I’ve already spoken to why I have brought this stat up. He’s doing things that haven’t been done in 40 years (a center that averages 30+ PPG) and possibly in 20+ years ( a center to lead the league in scoring). It isn’t about the stat itself. It’s about him doing things that haven’t been done in a long time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same here.

Folks need to quit using Lebrons politics as a way to diminish his basketball. I don't agree with his politics and hate social media, but those things don't change what I have seen him do with a basketball in his hands.

MJ was a different era with different rules and different concerns. We don't know what MJ's politics were because he kept it quiet. He was trying to take a league that Magic and Bird had first saved, then made popular nationally...worldwide. So he didn't want/couldn't risk pissing fans off...hence his famous ''Republicans buy shoes too'' quote.

If the league were as popular in MJs era as it is now and if social media had been a thing, my guess is we would know a lot more about his politics, etc.

For me, this is like the ''The stars from the Magic, Bird and MJ era would never have joined forces'' statements. We don't really know what they would have done because the CBA was different and they didn't have the freedom of movement they have now.