• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should post the same shit over and over again.

I’ve already spoken to why I have brought this stat up. He’s doing things that haven’t been done in 40 years (a center that averages 30+ PPG) and possibly in 20+ years ( a center to lead the league in scoring). It isn’t about the stat itself. It’s about him doing things that haven’t been done in a long time.

You say the numbers don't mean anything then go outta your way to mention Embiid's ppg. That's my only point. The numbers mean something when they favor your guy. When they don't you ignore them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks need to quit using Lebrons politics as a way to diminish his basketball. I don't agree with his politics and hate social media, but those things don't change what I have seen him do with a basketball in his hands.

MJ was a different era with different rules and different concerns. We don't know what MJ's politics were because he kept it quiet. He was trying to take a league that Magic and Bird had first saved, then made popular nationally...worldwide. So he didn't want/couldn't risk pissing fans off...hence his famous ''Republicans buy shoes too'' quote.

If the league were as popular in MJs era as it is now and if social media had been a thing, my guess is we would know a lot more about his politics, etc.

For me, this is like the ''The stars from the Magic, Bird and MJ era would never have joined forces'' statements. We don't really know what they would have done because the CBA was different and they didn't have the freedom of movement they have now.

Yep. LeBron's politics have nothing to do with his play on the court. But the people that don't like him can always use that as a reason to have an issue with him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say the numbers don't mean anything then go outta your way to mention Embiid's ppg. That's my only point. The numbers mean something when they favor your guy. When they don't you ignore them.
A guy having an historic season is what I favor.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy having an historic season is what I favor.

You think Jokic isn't having a historic season?

Name another C that's averaged 8 assists per game in back to back seasons.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not all that impressive when you see he’s asked to be his team’s PG.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russell Westbrook is getting killed this season. We hear all the time what a bad fit he is and he’s on the back end. LeBron has the ball in his hands the most among the Lakers regulars and Westbrook has one fewer assist per game than Jokic. Jokic assist numbers are comparable to Tyrese Halliburton.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all that impressive when you see he’s asked to be his team’s PG.

Of course anything Jokic does on the court isn't impressive to you.

The Nuggets offense has run through Jokic for years. But it's funny you think he's the teams PG.

And I like how you call him fat, sloppy and still insist he doesn't play D. If he doesn't play D when does he average most steals per game this season than Embiid?

You say Embiid's having a historic season but ignore that Jokic is too.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. LeBron's politics have nothing to do with his play on the court. But the people that don't like him can always use that as a reason to have an issue with him.
I refuse to call it politics, everyone has those. Lebron favors Lebron, regardless of how it might look when he backtracks on previous actions. That’s not politics, that’s being full of yourself.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course anything Jokic does on the court isn't impressive to you.

The Nuggets offense has run through Jokic for years. But it's funny you think he's the teams PG.

And I like how you call him fat, sloppy and still insist he doesn't play D. If he doesn't play D when does he average most steals per game this season than Embiid?

You say Embiid's having a historic season but ignore that Jokic is too.
Bwahahaha! Steals? Allen Iverson had a few years where he led the league in steals. Was anyone ever saying Iverson was anything more than a liability defensively? When you play 38 minutes a game and every possession is in your hands, you should have 8 assists per game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to call it politics, everyone has those. Lebron favors Lebron, regardless of how it might look when he backtracks on previous actions. That’s not politics, that’s being full of yourself.

I get it, you don't like LeBron. No matter what he does you'll always be critical of him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwahahaha! Steals? Allen Iverson had a few years where he led the league in steals. Was anyone ever saying Iverson was anything more than a liability defensively? When you play 38 minutes a game and every possession is in your hands, you should have 8 assists per game.

Like I've already said a couple of times when any of the numbers favor your guy they mean something.

But when they don't you think they mean nothing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does any of that have to do with his ability to play basketball?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does any of that have to do with his ability to play basketball?
I never said it did, though it could be said that being that way feeds his wannabe GM tendencies.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've already said a couple of times when any of the numbers favor your guy they mean something.

But when they don't you think they mean nothing.
No. You want numbers to exist in a vacuum. You hate it when I put your numbers in context. You want to argue Joker is comparable defensively so you focus on steals for a rim protector and you don’t bring up blocks. He’s a novelty in his team utilizing him like a PG in the half court so we are supposed to be impressed with 8 assists per game. He can’t guard on the perimeter like Embiid is asked to do so he gets more rebounds per game. All of these stats have blind spots in them.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, you don't like LeBron. No matter what he does you'll always be critical of him.
I’m critical of all self serving people

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You want numbers to exist in a vacuum. You hate it when I put your numbers in context. You want to argue Joker is comparable defensively so you focus on steals for a rim protector and you don’t bring up blocks. He’s a novelty in his team utilizing him like a PG in the half court so we are supposed to be impressed with 8 assists per game. He can’t guard on the perimeter like Embiid is asked to do so he gets more rebounds per game. All of these stats have blind spots in them.

He's a novelty? Okay that might be the funniest homeristic thing you've said. If him averaging 8 assist per game for a second year in a row (the only C to ever do that) is a "novelty" explain why in previous seasons he averaged 7.0, 7.3 & 6.1 assists per season.

He's the best passing C the league has ever seen. And his court vision is a helluva lot better than Embiid's. Or are you gonna say Embiid's a better passer than Jokic?

And there's no question Embiid's the better defensive player. But when comparing them this season that's all you have to fall back on. In just about every other comparison Jokic is having the better all around season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a novelty? Okay that might be the funniest homeristic thing you've said. If him averaging 8 assist per game for a second year in a row (the only C to ever do that) is a "novelty" explain why in previous seasons he averaged 7.0, 7.3 & 6.1 assists per season.

He's the best passing C the league has ever seen. And his court vision is a helluva lot better than Embiid's. Or are you gonna say Embiid's a better passer than Jokic?

And there's no question Embiid's the better defensive player. But when comparing them this season that's all you have to fall back on. In just about every other comparison Jokic is having the better all around season.
Embiid doesn’t have to be the best passing center the league has ever seen. He gets buckets at will. In case you haven’t been paying attention, he has become much better passing out of double teams. That doesn’t always lead to assists though as often another pass comes after Embiid’s pass to get the best shot.

We’ve seen point forwards for years. He’s just too fat to be a point forward. The only position he can guard is the 5 and even that is a crap shoot. The only way Jokic is having a better season is if winning is important. Defense isn’t important and VORP rules the world of basketball.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it did, though it could be said that being that way feeds his wannabe GM tendencies.

How so? Most, if not all star players, want/expect to have a voice in who they play with. Kobe, for example, was always consulted when the Lakers wanted to make roster changes and wasn't above demanding a trade to get them.

The difference was that it was handled in a quieter manner, most likely because social media wasn't as big when Kobe had that kind of power.

Also, to be fair to Lebron, he can only exercise the amount of power that an organization gives him. In Cleveland, he was given almost unlimited power and he used it. He did the same with the Heat and Lakers, but both of those organizations reached a point where they let him know they were setting limits and in both situations, he pretty much shut the hell up when they did.

Since the Lakers chose not to put their foot down until the most recent trade deadline, it will be interesting to see how both sides react in the off-season.