• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Advanced stats also say that Jokic is a better defensive player. Better DBPM and better DWS. Does anyone on the planet think that is true?

My bad. Even though Jokic has a better FG% this season Embiid's having the better shooting season.

My bad. Even though Jokic averages more rebounds this season Embiid's rebounding numbers are more impressive.

:heh:

sarcasm2.gif <----------------------

Sarcasm aside I'm gonna go by what the stats say. And they say Jokic is having the better all around statistical season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you mentioned Embiid's scoring average. It's odd that one stat means something to you but not the other ones. Like I said you only pay attention to the head to head numbers that your guy has the lead in. If Embiid isn't leading in a category you ignore it.

I think that the stats aren't really conclusive for any player. You could make an argument for any one of the top 3. Ultimately a lot will depend on how the last few games play out. If one of the 3 teams wins out or close to that, it could decide the race.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you mentioned Embiid's scoring average. It's odd that one stat means something to you but not the other ones. Like I said you only pay attention to the head to head numbers that your guy has the lead in. If Embiid isn't leading in a category you ignore it.
Why not save yourself some time?

Here you go. Click on the following and save it and then just paste this every time you feel the need to post on this issue.

“I’m going to vomit a whole bunch of analytical stats now to justify Joker as MVP because I don’t watch basketball and would have no idea what I’m looking at anyway. Instead, I’m going to invest in the vast knowledge of people with pocket protectors who lean on the worst of the analytical stats that get released to the media because the real valuable analytics are proprietary and aren’t released by NBA franchises.”

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the voters are that heavily influenced by the advanced stats.
We will see. The Bontemps final straw poll has been out for four seasons and in all 4 cases who they predicted in the final straw poll comes to fruition.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know some of the things Lebron has done that made him look stupid to those paying attention. Doesn’t mean on the court he’s not one of the greats.

Sure he has. Lots of folks have done stupid things and/or made stupid decisions (or had what they thought was a good decision blow up on them) in trying to better their own situations for them and their family.

But I think a lot of people use that against Lebron to diminish his on court accomplishments. It seems that most people who want to make a case against Lebron end up dragging things into the discussion that have little or nothing to do with his on court play.

As a Lakers fan, I'm pissed at him for insisting on the Westbrook trade over the Hield trade...but it doesn't change the fact that, on the court, he has played at an MVP level.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not save yourself some time?

Here you go. Click on the following and save it and then just paste this every time you feel the need to post on this issue.

“I’m going to vomit a whole bunch of analytical stats now to justify Joker as MVP because I don’t watch basketball and would have no idea what I’m looking at anyway. Instead, I’m going to invest in the vast knowledge of people with pocket protectors who lean on the worst of the analytical stats that get released to the media because the real valuable analytics are proprietary and aren’t released by NBA franchises.”

Will you leave your homer helmet super glued to your head until MVP is announced?

Here's what you can say until the winner is announced.

"I'm an over the top 76ers super-homer that will only acknowledge the numbers if Embiid is ranked higher. And my homeristic eye test is much more accurate than anything else."

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you leave your homer helmet super glued to your head until MVP is announced?

Here's what you can say until the winner is announced.

"I'm an over the top 76ers super-homer that will only acknowledge the numbers if Embiid is ranked higher. And my homeristic eye test is much more accurate than anything else."
Jesus, you still can’t help but post the same shit over and over again even when you’re trying to steal my idea like an unoriginal bastard.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, you still can’t help but post the same shit over and over again even when you’re trying to steal my idea like an unoriginal bastard.

And you're not repeating the same things?

How many times have you called Jokic fat & sloppy?

Oh wait a minute. I forgot that's different.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're not repeating the same things?

How many times have you called Jokic fat & sloppy?

Oh wait a minute. I forgot that's different.
Is he not fat and sloppy? That’s one of like a dozen different things I’ve posted or stated. Your reply is a copy and paste job

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is wild. I lived in the Sacto area during the White Chocolate/Webber era and they were a super entertaining and talented team. They were robbed later in that highly questionable playoff series versus the Lakers that was likely rigged by refs and have never sniffed the playoffs since.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he not fat and sloppy? That’s one of like a dozen different things I’ve posted or stated. Your reply is a copy and paste job

No he's not fat & sloppy for one reason. Fat and sloppy players don't average 33 minutes per game. Also fat & sloppy players are injury prone. And Jokic isn't injury prone, he's reliable.

Gotta say it's odd when I repeat something it's "copy and paste". But when you repeat things somehow they aren't.

Basically your whole argument for Embiid winning MVP is you're a 76ers fan, no bias there right? Jokic is fat & sloppy. And Embiid averages more points and that's about it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he's not fat & sloppy for one reason. Fat and sloppy players don't average 33 minutes per game. Also fat & sloppy players are injury prone. And Jokic isn't injury prone, he's reliable.

Gotta say it's odd when I repeat something it's "copy and paste". But when you repeat things somehow they aren't.

Basically your whole argument for Embiid winning MVP is you're a 76ers fan, no bias there right? Jokic is fat & sloppy. And Embiid averages more points and that's about it.
My argument is that Joel Embiid has been the most dominant two way player in the league this season.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know why we are fat shaming Jokic just because we like our guy. Not a great look imo @fightinfunbags

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument is that Joel Embiid has been the most dominant two way player in the league this season.

Wrong. Your argument is Jokic is fat & sloppy. Your current avatar is proof of that.

And it's hilarious this is the first time you've said you think Embiid's the best two-way player in the league.

Very odd you've never said that before.

But seriously how much longer can we keep this topic going? We've said just about everything we can. Going by what the head to head stats say I think Jokic is having the better all around season.

And you're going by your eye test + Embiid averages more points. That's the only stat you're willing to acknowledge.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis are 20-2 without Ja so yeah using the AD excuse for the lakers going 10-24 since late January is lazy excuse. Lebron is still one of the top players in this league. That record is unacceptable

LOL. Yeah, because a $35M player affects the depth of a roster just like a $9.6M player.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has any team with 5 HOFers managed to miss the playoffs before?

I don’t even know if anyone has had 5 HOFers before tbh. But IMO the Lakers do.

Those 5 HOFers have played what, about 20 games together this year?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Your argument is Jokic is fat & sloppy. Your current avatar is proof of that.

And it's hilarious this is the first time you've said you think Embiid's the best two-way player in the league.

Very odd you've never said that before.

But seriously how much longer can we keep this topic going? We've said just about everything we can. Going by what the head to head stats say I think Jokic is having the better all around season.

And you're going by your eye test + Embiid averages more points. That's the only stat you're willing to acknowledge.
I’ve been saying Embiid is the most dominant two way player in the league since last season. You’re right there’s no need to continue with this. Sports today is about analytics. Bad timing for Embiid and great timing for a guy who stat stuffs and is loved by analytics.