• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually..back then...i won..a basketball...at the tacoma mall...from tom burlson....so ill prob look for his rookie card...prob not that expencive...lol
never really did that much for the sonics..but he was a nice...guy....for a dirty..scruffy looking...kid..who had been out playing after school...lololo

Attachments

• 1642717746498.jpeg
    1642717746498.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys i meat..at differant times..
come into the presence or company of (someone) by chance or arrangement...

marcus trufant.........nice guy..younger than..me meat..him..before he went..to wash state...we did mostly talk about sports...and being..a seahawks hero..for kids....and they did draft him...soo..ok then..nice..

and...ya know...he mostly...did that.....and i had meat...his parents..earlyer..and kind of knew..who..he was...hence...the conversation...we had...
mostly a conversation..in passing...or transition..it was good though...anyway...good job marcus..

wihile in the navy...i went to santa anita...where jack tatem.

.was signing cards...i was the only one there...at the time...so jack and i had a short conversation on ..putting guys in the hospital..(darel stingly....he said...he wish..he never had...and sence..i played..football..

i kind of knew what he was talking about...cuz like him...if i hit someone...i would hit them as hard as i could as well...the rules were..diff back then..
and have changed..for the better...for good reason...
yeah...i dont get that stinger..in my neck..any longer.from hittng guys.( the thing was i was hitting them wrong..anyway...).....a good thing...lolololo

but yeah..i got a signed card....

i was gitting a drink.....at a bar ..on mission beach...in sandiego...i was in the navy..so..i walked outside.to get some air.....where..lofa tatupu...and...and someones brother...where..talking...ya know..this is before lofa..went to main.....so we talked for about ..10 ..15..min..and lofa had said he could not decied..
on main..or usc...so i suggested....he go..2 years..to main..then come back..to usc...which..he did...nice job lofa...

who knew...he would be a seahawk...

yeah....im fans of those..guys...i..a gitting there rookie cards...lololo

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yeah...
whitey ford...steve garvey...and sammy sosa...last seen entering...MCdonalds on 32 street...base...all nice guys...sosa..was a rookie..
i did not know..who he was..but in my defence...i had just been ..8 months..in the gulf...

but my dad knew well....who whity ford..(who i did not know...and steve garvey....even i knew who..he is..lolol
yeah i got an MCI..promo..ball..signed..by all..3...which i gave to my dad...lolol

yep..ill get theres..as well

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3B...this is prob why...SS/2B..guys are needed...and the mariners..are mostly good in the outfield...with jonaten clase..maybe and prob at moesto..sometime this year
James Parker
James Parker 20
hopefully...everett.........
3B
Milkar Perez 13R/R5' 11"17310/16/2001ActiveNo
modesto...........
Robert Perez

Robert Perez #37​

doing well prob still at modesto...
1B..

and
1B
gomez at..everett........

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i already talked about..the..rule 5 guys at arkansas

with frick......ss
honeyman...1B/3B
Kaden Polcovich 5...at 2B..

hopefully...they can keep..
Jose Caballero 14...as he did not have all that good a year...ss/2B...
they still need .........
either a 1B...or a 3B.....maybe..MILB..free agent...yeah..maybe

everett....tese guys will prob be at...arkansas...by the end of the year...
Noelvi Marte 4...ss
James Parker 20....there is no reason for james to be at modesto..when they need him at everett..and milkar is at modesto

2 chooses...either..
Justin Lavey 15....at 2b..
Tyler Keenan 29...prob at 1B/dh/3B...but we really need to see....him bring it..this year..at high A...or whatever...man..

with marte..and parker..likly...move ups...that would mean...a ss..and 2b...to draft..would be good...and mikar prob move up as well..and bar at..
AZL..3B...is not a prob so far..except at AA..for this year.......

so one each..
ss..and 2B..at everett.....rodger...rodger..
untill...the draft...modesto..well..have to make do...on ss...and 2B...although ..they have guys who can play there...Cesar Izturis Jr. 3..and..
Brett Rodriguez 25...who also playes outfield...
so add..one more ss..and one more..2B..

so..they need 4..ss..the best ones they can get..and at least..3 outfield for the next year....really that is not bad...one catcher....then pitchers..
of all kinds...LHP..hopefully more........8 guys...then pitchers...12..sounds right for now...
of 3 outfield...mariners like...1B/of..guys...so..they will have ..DSL..1B..guys coming..just not yet......so..maybe a 1Bas well/3B..or..ramirez..of usc..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on what year it is...but you can still get good outfield guys.....till about 15th round...the biggest..one...is CF...and..
at least..2...short stops..the mariners..need high..picks...means they prob need...at least 2..comp.bal..picks..unfortunatly...one is a bit easyer..
to get..than 2........is a bit harder...

and story...
and coforto...are worth it...then..they start on the bench...

which..is ok...but lets say..they have...kelenic..off the bench..they need a right handed..bat..who can hit...that could be cal...or torrens..but maybe an infield guy

then im ok with..moore...being the 13th..guy...or...haggerty....

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys they could trade..but who knows.....???

Nick Margevicius 52...if they sign..a free agent..it may be likly..more of it depend thing...
Juan Then 43..they keep saying he is good but.......who knows..
Darren McCaughan 45...mariners dont want to..justlet him go...he would be a good..NL..relief guy..they need to trade him..

one or the other is likly...both is maybe..
Jake Fraley 28
Taylor Trammell 20..
also depends on how guys below..them do as well..zack de loach...maybe instead...yeah...maybe..all of them will prob be spring training..
Jack Larsen 21
Cade Marlowe 10
Marcus Wilson
all as well.........
and..
Sam Haggerty 0

after that..it starts being pitching...they wont trade..
kirby...
williamson..
hancock..
phillips..
mako...without..crying....a lot..and whineing...
some other..guys...maybe...
most noteable..and they will cry over these guys as well...
levi stoubt....
joey gerber.....
isaah..campbell...
Devin Sweet 19
Adam Hill 33
look...they cant keep..them all....its just true...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the midwest teams..are all over..gerber and stoubt...they know them...and want them...cuz there fans do...

for a team..like K.C....isaah..campbell...they would like....yeah...thoughs teams know those guys...as well..as there fans.....know them..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only guy..we did not talk about..is brash...and no..i dont think..they will trade him..his stuff is so nasty...weather..he is bull pen or starter..
and i do think he will be at tacoma unless they need him...but he is the 8th starter......whitch..is exactly...how maney..a team needs...
after williamson...
and a nasty bull pen guy...lolol...yeah..so...no....way

yeah..they wont trade..either of those guys....

margo..is a maybe.....after that ....shefield...but i dont think...so on him either...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you say...some thing like this could happen..its a maybe..

Athletics

NameAgeLevelP1P2AvailablilityYearsAFVSalarySurplusLowMedianHigh
ClaseMinorsOF2.41.92.42.9
DeLoachMinorsOF6.65.36.67.9
GonzalezMinorsOF6.65.36.67.9
ThenMinorsRHP4.93.94.95.9

Total Value: 20.50​

Mariners

Manaea29MajorsSPHigh1.028.610.118.514.818.522.2
Puk26MajorsLHRPHigh5.04.32.02.31.92.32.7

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cuz..de loach..is coming...so..by the end of the year..they will have to maney guys...yeah..that is true..

with clase and gonzales..at lower..lvl..mariners have a better chance..to replace them...then will fit better..in oaklands time line..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but manaea...only one year...till..free agent...but they would get a draft pick..

Sean Manaea30SPArb 4$10,200,000-$10,200,000$10,200,00014.2110,200,000
so they could trade for a pitcher.....maybe not...manea..though.....prob...jedi..likes to get some time out of his guys...

and they still...need comp bal..picks..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LodoloMinorsLHP26.521.226.531.8

Total Value: 26.50​

Reds

DeLoachMinorsOF6.65.36.67.9
GonzalezMinorsOF6.65.36.67.9
McCaughan25MinorsRHRPMedium6.01.40.60.80.50.81.1
StoudtMinorsRHP4.13.34.14.9
ThenMinorsRHP4.93.94.95.9
Trammell23MajorsOFMedium6.06.32.53.833.84.6

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somehing like this would prob be better....yeah...prob..and rhe mariners would still have enough..for one more trade...

and either lodollo..or williamson...as #5..yeah..and more than one year...but heck..they would still..have margo..lolol..
++++++++++++=..a comp pick..and a player to be named later...for mariners..prob..margo...lololol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah lodollo could go bull pen or rotation...naaaasty...out of the pen....prob...and williamson..at #5..yeah..prob eventually..or like i said...lodollo..

yeah..thing is..he would prob work..either way...so..prob..worth it............

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while..its a money thing..with the reds...the way to drive the price down..is to do like the mariners or angaels...and..get a load..of young pitching..
through trades or whatever...they only..have lodollo...heck..mariners would give them..2 for one...plus....ok...ok..lolololol

but yeah..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when it comes to sports...and putting a team...on the field.....service time does matter.....to the teams....it must....they have a responsibility..
to put a team...on the field....
there...are some injustices..to it......in relation...to overall..money...the owners are taking half..when...thay say ........TEAM...it does not include the owners

..and the owners act like.....it does..that is not...all...the money......the OWNERS...LIE...from the start.............

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass. I want bigger than Gray if it is going to cost us these 2.

No. I would love to get Reynolds, but as Julio gets closer to the show I say forget about dealing him and just roll the dice with him. Now a deal involving Kelenic would intrigue me.

Maybe. I like DeLoach. I think he could be a France type hitter in the bigs. I still think there is better on the free agent market than guys like Gray and Bassitt without having to deal real prospects for.

I am glad you posted this because I saw it but didn't have access. I was curious to see what the deals were.
I think I'm with you. Idk why but for some reason when I think of Sonny Gray I think of the 2015 version of him. He has a 4.07 ERA from 2016 through today. Also doesn't help that he's 32.

Agreed again. Off the top of my head I can't think of any guys I'd trade Julio for who are realistically available. Is there anyone you would trade him for? Not a hypothetical, actually a serious question. I'm wondering if there is anyone who is available who we could justify parting ways with for Julio. His potential aside, I can't imagine that the Mariners would part with him because of the fact that if he comes close to meeting his potential, he has huge marketability.

I'd do the Bassitt deal. Perhaps I'm overlooking DeLoach and I have no strong feelings about him, but I just feel like in order to make a trade happen it makes sense to leverage the second tier of our outfield prospects.

If you ever want to read an Athletic article send me a message and I'll copy and paste it to you. This goes for everyone here. I actually highly recommend getting a subscription, it's the only news outlet I pay for because I feel the quality of journalism is that good.