• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my biggest questions are manea

Sean Manaea
55i like cubs for him..and maybe a 3 left haned rotation..for this year...better to have fans..in the stands.
better to get somthing for him...than not...in the end..

start with miley
Wade Miley 20
Kyle Hendricks 28
Sean Manaea 55
Marcus Stroman 0
Justin Steele 35

its a decent rotation..if ya got nothing else...gives some dignity anyway..

Frankie Montas 47i like baltimore for him...with all left handed guys..they get a right handed one

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or they could put steel 3rd and manaea..5th..eiether way would put fans in the stands

for baltimore..hrere...put this guy at your AAA..
Ramón Rosso

Ramón Rosso​

Toledo Mud Hens
Triple-A Affiliate
  • P
  • B/T: R/R
  • 6' 4"/240
SummaryStatsNewsAwards
  • Ramón Antonio Rosso
  • Born: 6/09/1996 in Santo Domingo Centro, Dominican Republic
  • MLB Debut: 7/24/2020
Batting
Pitching
YearWLERAGGSSVIPSOWHIP
2021 MiLB Stats024.60213029.1281.60
2021 MLB Stats005.637008.071.63
MiLB Career Stats23122.9583630351.13881.19
MLB Career Stats016.11141017.2181.70
Year
2021 MiLB Stats
2021 MLB Stats
MiLB Career Stats
MLB Career Stats

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realized after I posted it I said Tinker instead of Winker and was waiting for someone to say "Maybe if he Tinkers with his swing he can hit lefties."

This suffices though.
its all good...some guys take pride in being....a tinker.....other guys dont...just depends...

but yeah...winker...270-80..bat ave...up to 300..yeah....with winker a right smasher
andLuis Torrens 22..a left smasher..its a2 headed...

smasher....lololoo

but murphy......gota hit this year..to stay in there..cant get run over by a doe...lolol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rodger...rodger...3 mil...south of hog island..secuetaaayy...securretaayy...inbound...crrackl craackle...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys with ...high awarness....and doeing it for so long..can know what...has happend....without even...seeing it..

just a noise...will let them...know.....or a situation....

and when i was a new guy...i did not know.....how those guys knew......but when i knew...what they..knew...

i understood.........high awarness....the guys with highest...will seem..best...cuz even..awarness..gets old....hat..

but they ..seem to..float..through..the work..effertlessly.......and with..high effecentcy...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and new guys will beat them selves..up...trying to keep up......cuz..

as much ..as you teach them...some..things..they must expereince for themselves.to know.....and even years later..

be askng questions...of coare by then..they are old guy questions...more complicated...but yeah...

wherever...you are..that is where you are....until..you are not.....

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to have high awarness.......you have to know...everything there is to know...that is relivant..and how to deal with it...

and..

experience...is the most usefull tool........................

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts echo @NWinAZ

I didn't initially read it that way, but good point @wazzu31

It could be standard operating procedure for a MLB franchise - honestly I don't know - but after this point you just brought up I actually see it more cynically. It reminds me of the scene in Moneyball where Billy Beane goes to the owner asking for just a little bit more money, but the owner won't sign off on it because he's cheap.

Reading the tea leaves this tells me that Stanton probably put constrictions on how much Dipoto could add to payroll, there was an opportunity there and Dipoto got shot down.
I know it doesn’t work the way it should but to my knowledge baseball isn’t like the NFL. If a NFL owner signs a contract with a player the guaranteed money has to go in escrow. I do not think baseball is like that because the Rangers owner was essentially forced to sell the team because of the ARod contract. If it is, Jerry was in the perfect situation to tell his boss to go pound sand because A. It is his job B. But most importantly what would Stanton or the ownership do had he sign Correa, Bryant or Story to some “crippling” contract, how could they possibly fire a guy than energized the entire fan base.

Moneyball was different in a way, everyone knew Oakland was a cheap ass organization that through its history and had fired plenty of “GM’s”and coaches for stepping out of line and Beane was on the verge of getting fired. A thing that is overlooked with Oakland is they do open their checkbook but it is at the deadline. Which to be fair it makes sense but that isn’t the way the Mariners have ever run the organization since Griffey came. They have made cheap moves like Tino but never just stripped it down every few years.

My thing is I really am trying my hardest to give Jerry a pass, but every time he speaks he comes off as a condescending prick who thinks he knows more about baseball than anyone. And if Stanton is holding up the money then how the hell did he become so wealthy. He spent a crap load of money on R&D and tech shit that wouldn’t pay off for years and right now it is penny pinching where if everything goes to plan the budget is going to be raised by $100 million just by itself.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey but we signed Billy Hamilton to a minor league deal...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched that interview with Dipoto last week when they asked him about what they still wanted and he said a #2 SP. Said they had enough back end guys. Then said there are none left in free agency (#2's) and the cost of trading for one is high. Really? I would never have guessed that once all the free agent pitchers were gone teams would charge more for one of theirs... Idiot.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey but we signed Billy Hamilton to a minor league deal...
Hamilton could be a roster replacement for Fraley. But I am seeing all these projected rosters that have Torrens making the roster but I don’t see where he fits. He isn’t a bad a player but you can’t carry a dude who can only be a DH vs lefties.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been trying to bite my lip and see how things unfold. That and Iife is busy with a newborn and I usually dont feel like posting from my phone.

Regardless I think its ok to have the opinion of liking the Ray signing and liking the Winker/Suarez trade and still be disappointed that the offseason wasnt more productive and annoyed that they promised to be active this free agent period and really havent been. I think all of those things are true.

I agree that Dipoto's mouth is what annoys me as much as anything about him. This is a direct quote from him in 2019:
"Our goal was to set ourselves as most flexible from an age from a system from a payroll perspective so we could be in that 2021 launch. That gives us incredible spending power in the free agent market at a time when some of the best players of this generation might be available in free agency."

If we offered Correa what the Twins did or even a little more and he rejected it then fine, Ill be a little more sympathetic. But every indication has been they were never in on him and used J.P. Crawford not moving from SS as an excuse to make every effort to get some of these bats that would have really improved the team.

I agree that the Bryant contract was probably a reach by the Rockies but even so, you are committed to extremely limited payroll. Last year was an extremely low payroll and between the additions and subtractions you have literally increased it by 7 fucking million. That's it. I mean are we just gonna be the Rays now payroll wise? Is that just who we are? Because all the excuses of not spending previous offseasons to save for this one just turned out to be another excuse and crock of shit lie from this organization.

Spending isnt the end all be all but the bottom line is there are still many holes on this roster that you could have filled without dealing from organizational depth. In the end, if you are gonna spend this little and still not win then its a huge problem. If they win 95-100 games this year, then Ill apologize but they have won that much once in 45 years so sorry that I dont have faith. We are looking at another 85 win and hope to get lucky model in my eyes.

Sorry rant over