• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing for sure especially for me with all of the egg on my face of trying to talk you off the cliff with this rebuild.
Rebuild: build (something) again after it has been damaged or destroyed.

I will stick to the fact he has never built anything which would allow him to use the term 'rebuild'.

And no you don't have egg on your face. Jerry is one of the best baseball conmen in the game. Buys time to keep his job. He traded good talent to get veterans. That doesn't take a genius as you know. It is the easy way to do things and it only buys you a little short term hope as a GM.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuild: build (something) again after it has been damaged or destroyed.

I will stick to the fact he has never built anything which would allow him to use the term 'rebuild'.

And no you don't have egg on your face. Jerry is one of the best baseball conmen in the game. Buys time to keep his job. He traded good talent to get veterans. That doesn't take a genius as you know. It is the easy way to do things and it only buys you a little short term hope as a GM.
as i said.....it does not...make sense now..........im not busting on jerry either....i know he is a quality gm......and i would not want an other...
for...now..
someimes..people grow...into..there positions.....jerry did not do that....he was fairly good...when he got here....now he is better...
and...having...jedi..for a gm....has its own flavor...to..it...like this trade....

but...i like a send..cinncinati....a goodwill...soccor mom trophie....for partisipation...in the mariners charity.event.....a nice..ulmax..ship..on a plake

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2022 Lineup
  1. JP Crawford – SS
  2. Adam Frazier – 2B
  3. Ty France – 1B
  4. Mitch Haniger – RF
  5. Jesse Winker – LF
  6. Kyle Lewis – DH
  7. Eugenio Suarez – 3B
  8. Jarred Kelenic – CF
  9. Cal Raleigh – C
Luis Torrens, Dylan Moore, Tom Murphy, and Abraham Toro coming off the bench.

Trammell until Lewis is ready.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im ok with....toro..in center....if he can do it ok ..then..

but bleeding hart..whaa..whaaa...makes me.... puke.....like ..this...

situation as fellow phenom Jarred Kelenic was during his rookie season (daily starts in center field while being expected to contribute offensively) doesn’t sit well with me.

oohhh..guy cant do .his job..its too much....nothing sits well..with that guy...couze he...sitting on my sailor spike.....and i been looking all...over for it..

no...no..i dont want it back..now....ill get an other.....aahh

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2022 Lineup
  1. JP Crawford – SS
  2. Adam Frazier – 2B
  3. Ty France – 1B
  4. Mitch Haniger – RF
  5. Jesse Winker – LF
  6. Kyle Lewis – DH
  7. Eugenio Suarez – 3B
  8. Jarred Kelenic – CF
  9. Cal Raleigh – C

yeah..looks ok ..or france in te 2 hole..aahh put haniger there..in the 2 hole...i gota get ribis....gota have fraizer..3 france 4winker 5..crawford leadoff..

put haniger in#2..and go from there............sourez will work unless ya want to run....prob #2..but that would be an auto signal..to the other team...look..they aint going to run...i dont like to do that........

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are going raliegh....you put him after winker..and put..lewis..9..before crawford...and we ..run..kelenic..before..lewis..and we run

ready..one more two more..opps..thats arobics..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can feel there..is at least..one more trade...or....free agent comming.......idk...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hang loose...lololo..aahh..my surfer..is showing..aaaahh..well..i have spent a lot of time in ...cali...but yeah..im still from here.

it dont go away......and wherever others..come from.....its with you always...wherever you go....

and as bilbo says....its a new adventure...................just looking out your door.....................

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
charting a coarse....

..mariners..must always stay..to the righ(t/lol or right==no wrong).

.at the same time staying clear..of abstuctions..
its not much diff than driving your car..as far as rules of the road go....green and red bouys and signs that mean diff things..

i dont even know...where im going with this yet....sounds like re-writing the text...but i know its a story

but darn dog is going crazy...cuz ..he wants a walk......so..intermition...

darn.... chi wa...yeah..to..late...we already..a part---of--each other...

im used to beagles and samoyeds.....ok then..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a diff story......murphy may apriciate

...back in the day..lets say...ohhh..right before the dinosoures..my dad and his 3 sons..and his buddys..
his best buddy
chief warrent officer..karate..rip....who i knew..as my dads best buddy..since..i was 5...and he was a 2nd class in the navy......
(cover your ears..kids)..when they both came in ..to the barn...they said..we were succesfull...and said what...he said we slough bamby..

i said huh...he said yeah..we slough bamby...but she will be mighty nice ..eating...so tom prob knows what happened then....but at 5 years old it did not bother me....it still does not....

so fast forward..about 10 or 12 years....and we moved to missouri...about 5-6 years..and cameback to the northwest..where al...my moms family are from....but my dad was from..iowa..lololol..and seattle...lol..so
some of his family was here as well...
but that is not the point.......

on with the story......
one hunting season..we deceided..to go to... white pass..and ..hunt....on the south side of MT rainer...and it was nice...and no snow yet in october..
..and..my dad got..there..with my brother.and i was coming later...with karate...being a teen ager...and the shedule with school and all..

.so..
dad....had shot one with an 30-30..open site.....about..250..yards..uphill...not a bad ..shot..with no scope...so..and for an old guy...anyway..seemed old to me at the time..........lololo

karate and i..we got there..and and they told us all about it...so we all..had a good evening ..and played a bit ..of poker..as we always do..
listening to..a local..radio station..at the same time...after dinner.....so we finnished up..went to bed and woke up around 5.00 in the morining...
cuz my dad ..and karate had decided..

.to...drive a draw...yeah cuz we had one..but we had 4 tags...so..

and thoughs..deer..where..right where my dad...said they were...but..so my dad was on one side..of the draw..still a god ways.....like 250 -300 yards as the crow flys...and karate was on that side as well...but down closer to the car where he had parked...in case they came that way....

so..me and my brother..went on the upper road...and went out on a finger....where..the deer where right below us...
and we waited..the time...untill....the time my dad had said....

when the time was ..up..my brother went ..down....and i had a more or less...clear site of the whole top..of the finger...

and my dad was setting me up to get my first one...i did not realize...but...lolol

my brother went down....and verry shortly..there after...a small doe..came out from..by a tree..

i did not have time ..to get the rifle up..as..the doe..was..about 8-10 feet from me and almost ran over me......she looked at me abot a 1/2 second..
and made a slanted path..away..from me..right over...the hill of the finger..and i did get the rifle up..but..she was gone as quik..
meanwhile..i could hear shots from the other side of the caneon...my dad was shooting..at the buck.. i did not see...while the doe was ..

almost running over me....he could not..repete...his fine..shot a of a few days before..with the animal..hauling...backside..at the same or greater distence....up over the finger..in the same direction..the doe had gone...albeit..on a dif path....about75 100 yards up the finger from ..me....

i stood there..about 10 minutes..trying get..myself together..cuz i had missed..and wanted to come up with an excuse.....but i had none

.went down the hill..to the car..where we would take my brother back to his car..and go hang out at camp .have some lunch....till the afternoon hunt..

..we got nothing more..from that hunt..and i did not get my first till later...

for..the hell..of being to close...the shot was harder...than..if it would have been if it were farther..i almost could have pulled my knife and jumped on it...but..

i was to ..schooled in what i had to do to do that...alough crazy enough...was not the problem..i still would not have had time..
never the less..........

..a few days later...we..headed home..as it started..to snow...on white pass.....

i never was..as good a hunter...as a fisherman..wiitch..i slay fish by the thousands..and millions...
while my brother is ..a fabulous hunter...and good at it..and skilled..although..trained..with skills.......im just a better...fisherman....lolololl

and that..is the end...till the next one....lolololo

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as it should be...if they are considerd..seasonal...is bs...

as with many industries...which..are no longer seasonal..as they used to be....itsalso...no longer...the same type of work...in a lot of cases...

a re-definition...of seasonal..may be needed....it does not mean..low pay..with no bennifiets..which..is de-humanizing....

they should use...on the ones..pushing ....de-humaization.....

while im not a whhaa wwwha libral...somethings are commen sense....right ben...hows that kite.....ahhh eletrifing ..ok...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2022 Lineup
  1. JP Crawford – SS
  2. Adam Frazier – 2B
  3. Ty France – 1B
  4. Mitch Haniger – RF
  5. Jesse Winker – LF
  6. Kyle Lewis – DH
  7. Eugenio Suarez – 3B
  8. Jarred Kelenic – CF
  9. Cal Raleigh – C

My change is
1. Frazier-2B
2. Crawford-SS
3. France-1B
4. Haniger-RF
5. Winker-DH
6. Suarez-3B
7. Raleigh-C
8. JRod-CF
9. Kelenic-LF

Think Winker and Lewis will split RH/LH. Question is does Evan White break camp and spend a full season in AAA or do they find a team for Torrens to go to so White can break camp and become to the 1B/OF back up. Ideally Murphy and Torrens both would be shipped out and they had signed a catcher but oh well.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My change is
1. Frazier-2B
2. Crawford-SS
3. France-1B
4. Haniger-RF
5. Winker-DH
6. Suarez-3B
7. Raleigh-C
8. JRod-CF
9. Kelenic-LF

Think Winker and Lewis will split RH/LH. Question is does Evan White break camp and spend a full season in AAA or do they find a team for Torrens to go to so White can break camp and become to the 1B/OF back up. Ideally Murphy and Torrens both would be shipped out and they had signed a catcher but oh well.
ok try this..and remeber...ya need RBIS...the bestones to do that are...high ave guys..the faster they are..the higher...or lower in the batting order...for example.....we dont want to --reinvent..the batting order..we want to work it to advantage.....

J.P. Crawford 3..L/L..ss
Mitch Haniger 17..Rf....for lake..of a better guy....mitch..will do....and has speed..and the run game is still on here

Adam Frazier 26...2B..this is where your best hitters start...best aves..that produce..rbis..remember..seattle was down..200 hits..
from the leaders last year.............this is.run end
Ty France 23..............1b
Jesse Winker 27.......Dh...L/L
Eugenio Suárez 28...3rd base
Tom Murphy 2...catch
now run....forest..run.............
Jarred Kelenic 10...L/L....Lf
Kyle Lewis 1......CF

Cal Raleigh 29
Dylan Moore 25
Taylor Trammell 20
Abraham Toro 13

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont worrie..suarez had..49 HRs..2 yearsago..he can hitum...it wouldbe better if haniger were right in front..of about 2 guys.or 3 butwedo what we can.....and france and winker...has that job...nowits mitches job to hit lewis and kelenic in..so..it ends up...ok

and saurez..wi;ll hit them..all in..haa..

2019CINNL159575871563292224910370418932.271.358.572.9300.82
2020CINNL571982940938015383016720.202.312.470.7820.77
2021CINNL14550571100216230317956017101.198.286.428.7140.77
MLB Career--100135205068871641153111935473941410322817.252.334.466.8000.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a comment on LL:

Player A, 2018-2019: .263/.348/.507, 10.2% BB, 22.9% K 132 wrc+
Suarez, 2018-2019: .277/.362/.550, 10.6% BB, 26.1% K 132 wrc+

Player A, 2020-2021: .215/.306/.431, 11.1% BB, 33.1% K, 104 wrc+
Suarez(as 3B)2020-2021: .208/.303/.457, 11.0% BB, 28.4% K, 97 wrc+

Player A is
Matt Chapman

Obviously this is only considering offense, but I'm surprised these numbers are as close as they are considering the off the cuff opinions of the two.