• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Roster talk

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree last season we had Fleming and Su'a-Filo as backups they are both gone. we need to add veteran depth at both the T and G
I would think about signing Donald Penn to cheap contract to back up Smith. Need somebody decent with experience.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is ok. Certainly not a surprise. Giants offense will be very predictable. Maybe we will see a re-emergence of Garrett's delayed draw and the giants run that play on nearly every running down.
or the 3rd and 13 screen pass over and over again. With Saquon though, he may just be able to get some first downs on them...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think about signing Donald Penn to cheap contract to back up Smith. Need somebody decent with experience.
They seem to like Knight and he was better than I assumed he would be last year considering he kind of came out of nowhere. He is 23 and should only get stronger and better. I wonder if they feel they have their game day OL (starters and backups) on the team already and just need to figure out who plays where. A lot will come down to who wins the starting center job I suspect and whether that forces Williams or McGovern to move to OT. I hated losing XSF but we may end up fine. If Knight impresses and turns out to be a solid swing tackle the depth is there already I think. but if not we need a swing tackle we can count on with Smith's constant injury problems. Maybe the ideal situation would be in no particular order:
C- Looney and Biadasz
OG - Martin, Williams, McGovern
OT - Smith, Collins, Knight

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or the 3rd and 13 screen pass over and over again. With Saquon though, he may just be able to get some first downs on them...

If those O-line "improvements" take hold, Saquon could flourish in a Garrett offense. Not much argument that the Giants offensive line the last couple of years has been pretty bad.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think that if jerry was serious about having Dak long term that the Cowboys would have already signed Dak. Too me it looks like the Cowboys offered a good deal. This looks like a stalemate. If jerry wanted Dak that bad they would do a 4 year deal.
Jerry is playing hardball with Dak.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seem to like Knight and he was better than I assumed he would be last year considering he kind of came out of nowhere. He is 23 and should only get stronger and better. I wonder if they feel they have their game day OL (starters and backups) on the team already and just need to figure out who plays where. A lot will come down to who wins the starting center job I suspect and whether that forces Williams or McGovern to move to OT. I hated losing XSF but we may end up fine. If Knight impresses and turns out to be a solid swing tackle the depth is there already I think. but if not we need a swing tackle we can count on with Smith's constant injury problems. Maybe the ideal situation would be in no particular order:
C- Looney and Biadasz
OG - Martin, Williams, McGovern
OT - Smith, Collins, Knight
or maybe not :D

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ going after it. Wish he would go after Ryan or Akumura. Ryan can play anywhere in the secondary.
I was reading something on another site about what the Cowboys biggest weaknesses were and no one even mentioned CB. The idea that a couple of draft picks and a marginal starter from the Raiders absolutely solved our problem is ridiculous. May it have? Of course. Do we all hope it did? Absolutely, but that's like saying Smith and Gregory and a draft pick definitely solved our RDE problem so we don't have to list it as a need.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading something on another site about what the Cowboys biggest weaknesses were and no one even mentioned CB. The idea that a couple of draft picks and a marginal starter from the Raiders absolutely solved our problem is ridiculous. May it have? Of course. Do we all hope it did? Absolutely, but that's like saying Smith and Gregory and a draft pick definitely solved our RDE problem so we don't have to list it as a need.
I think we got some potential good players at CB. Diggs could get burnt trying to make plays,but maybe we need the safeties to help. Cowboys played with way worse talent at corner in the early 2000's. We need better safety play I still think.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we got some potential good players at CB. Diggs could get burnt trying to make plays,but maybe we need the safeties to help. Cowboys played with way worse talent at corner in the early 2000's. We need better safety play I still think.
Maybe, maybe not. You never know what you are getting with a draft pick. You could be getting an All Pro or a guy out of the league in 2 years

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been reading on BR that Indy may be looking to trade Malik Hooker S and that the Cowboys could be interested. would it be worth it and, if so, what would you offer them? BR talks a 3rd but i think no higher than a 4th

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been reading on BR that Indy may be looking to trade Malik Hooker S and that the Cowboys could be interested. would it be worth it and, if so, what would you offer them? BR talks a 3rd but i think no higher than a 4th
Tough call. Absolute Ball Hawk at times but has had injury issues and the Colts have a shit ton of cap space and still they didn't exercise his 5th year option. Why is the question at only $7M or so? I was reading that he also gets a little lost and blew coverages a lot and struggled with his assignments. They also drafted the Utah safety. Some guys have the physical skills but not the mental skill set. Maybe he just needs to be left deep and allowed to do what he does best and not asked to do too much and have things kept simple for him? If we didn't have HHCD I'd think real hard about it but as bad as Woods was at times last year, neither Hooker nor Dix can tackle much and can't step up into the box and I am a lot higher on HHCD than most. Personally I like Hooker and would be OK with it and think if paired with a true in the box SS and good CBs he could be a huge playmaker back there, but we don't have those things and I just haven't watched him enough to say for sure. There is plenty of tape on him so I'd be happy with whichever way the team went. Somewhat related I am really interested to see what Woods does this year in a new defensive scheme and coaches that stress player skill set over scheme. I still think he could be a good SS.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if they would do a 4th rounder I would jump on it, he's a good football player. No higher though

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if they would do a 4th rounder I would jump on it, he's a good football player. No higher though
Just looked him up. Because still on his rookie deal would only cost a team that traded for him $2.1M against the cap

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are looking to dump him, only offer a 6th. There has to be something not right with him, they're not just giving away a great player.
With HHCD I don't see us jumping to get in line. But assembling talent on the cheap is always worth considering.