• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Roster talk

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure we will eventually have a draft thread, but now that the coaching staff is shaping up we should have a place to focus on the roster. Who do you want to move on from, who do you want to bring back? We just a couple of key free agents but we also have the cap to pay them if we want.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right out of the gate we are projecting to have about $85M in cap space. That's before any moves or restructuring.

If needed, an easy restructure would be Jaylon. There are other options as well but no great ones (Zeke, Travis, Tyron) because they already balloon late in their deals.

Crawford has said he is open to reducing his contract, but I'd like to do that via an extension. He is on a 1 year, $8M contract right now. I love the guy and think we missed him out there big time this year. I'd try to offer him another 2 years and decrease this year by a few million if we end up needing it.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right out of the gate we are projecting to have about $85M in cap space. That's before any moves or restructuring.

If needed, an easy restructure would be Jaylon. There are other options as well but no great ones (Zeke, Travis, Tyron) because they already balloon late in their deals.

Crawford has said he is open to reducing his contract, but I'd like to do that via an extension. He is on a 1 year, $8M contract right now. I love the guy and think we missed him out there big time this year. I'd try to offer him another 2 years and decrease this year by a few million if we end up needing it.

I would let Crawford walk. He is always injured. Why offer him anything? I think it would be stupid to bring an often injured player like him back for anything. Move on. If he wants to play for free, ok.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 Dallas Cowboys Free Agents
Player Type Age
Adam Redmond ERFA 27
Amari Cooper UFA 26
Anthony Brown UFA 27

Antwaun Woods RFA 27
Blake Jarwin RFA 26
Byron Jones UFA 28

C.J. Goodwin UFA 30
Christian Covington UFA 27
Cooper Rush RFA 27
Dak Prescott UFA 27
Daniel Ross UFA 27
Darian Thompson UFA 27
Jason Witten UFA 38
Jeff Heath UFA 29
Joe Looney UFA 30
Joe Thomas UFA 29
Jordan Chunn ERFA 25
Justin March UFA 27
Kai Forbath UFA 33
Kavon Frazier UFA 27
Kerry Hyder UFA 29
L.P. Ladouceur UFA 39
Malcolm Smith UFA 31
Maliek Collins UFA 25
Michael Bennett VOID 35
Randall Cobb UFA 30
Ray-Ray Armstrong UFA 29
Robert Quinn UFA 30
Sean Lee UFA 34
Tavon Austin UFA 29
Xavier Su'a-Filo UFA 29

I added the bold font to the ones I want to see back, if the price is right.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would let Crawford walk. He is always injured. Why offer him anything?
Hopefully the surgery gets him well, and I can see a difference up front when he is in there. He makes the life way easier for the edge guys.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure we will eventually have a draft thread, but now that the coaching staff is shaping up we should have a place to focus on the roster. Who do you want to move on from, who do you want to bring back? We just a couple of key free agents but we also have the cap to pay them if we want.

I am not a college football guy so my knowledge is very limited on guys, but if I am drafting a #1 I go with the most bad ass WR on the board and let Amri walk if he wants to break our bank. He has always been a favorite of mine when he was in Oakland and I love the guy now but if he is not on the field for games at a time or if he is he is only 75% then I don't want the big (really big) money tied to him.

Also gotta get a safety that can lower boom, has the jets and can turn his head around.

If we can get both of those coupled with MM we get to playoffs next year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as a lot of Olines are around the league, it’s hard to imagine Looney and Sua Fila not cashing in somewhere. They have both played a lot of football and played pretty well.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 Dallas Cowboys Free Agents
Player Type Age
Adam Redmond ERFA 27
Amari Cooper UFA 26
Anthony Brown UFA 27

Antwaun Woods RFA 27
Blake Jarwin RFA 26
Byron Jones UFA 28

C.J. Goodwin UFA 30
Christian Covington UFA 27
Cooper Rush RFA 27
Dak Prescott UFA 27
Daniel Ross UFA 27
Darian Thompson UFA 27
Jason Witten UFA 38
Jeff Heath UFA 29
Joe Looney UFA 30
Joe Thomas UFA 29
Jordan Chunn ERFA 25
Justin March UFA 27
Kai Forbath UFA 33
Kavon Frazier UFA 27
Kerry Hyder UFA 29
L.P. Ladouceur UFA 39
Malcolm Smith UFA 31
Maliek Collins UFA 25
Michael Bennett VOID 35
Randall Cobb UFA 30
Ray-Ray Armstrong UFA 29
Robert Quinn UFA 30
Sean Lee UFA 34
Tavon Austin UFA 29
Xavier Su'a-Filo UFA 29

I added the bold font to the ones I want to see back, if the price is right.
I am real concerned with the pass rush. Quinn needs to be a priority. Maybe the NFL allows weed and Gregory can return. DLaw simply was not the same. Maybe this clown can go have surgery and get better before training camp? Jarwin is a must. Witten should not have been starting. That's on Garrett. I sign Forbath to cheap contract to compete for kicking job. The guys you bolded I agree with
How we deal with Byron Jones will affect draft. Each year I got a player in the 1st round I really want. We need to stop wasting high picks on players that dont have a chance to start. I target Grant Delpit at 17. He would give us the playmaker we desperately need in the secondary. A future all pro...he is beast and I doubt he falls to 17. Leki Fotu is huge e,but after thinking 2nd or 3rd round I think that he is a 4th round talent. The better large DT likely get taken in top 10. Sick of seeing this team reach for areas of need and passing on starting quality players which we did with Taco and Hill. Delpit certainly checks all the boxes. He is tall and fast. Has great range and instinctive. He would easily be the best safety since Woodson if we are lucky enough to select him.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as a lot of Olines are around the league, it’s hard to imagine Looney and Sua Fila not cashing in somewhere. They have both played a lot of football and played pretty well.
If McGovern heals then we wont need one of those guys. Really disappointing that he got hurt. Hopefully he is not one of those that is constantly on IR.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am real concerned with the pass rush. Quinn needs to be a priority. Maybe the NFL allows weed and Gregory can return. DLaw simply was not the same. Maybe this clown can go have surgery and get better before training camp? Jarwin is a must. Witten should not have been starting. That's on Garrett. I sign Forbath to cheap contract to compete for kicking job. The guys you bolded I agree with
How we deal with Byron Jones will affect draft. Each year I got a player in the 1st round I really want. We need to stop wasting high picks on players that dont have a chance to start. I target Grant Delpit at 17. He would give us the playmaker we desperately need in the secondary. A future all pro...he is beast and I doubt he falls to 17. Leki Fotu is huge e,but after thinking 2nd or 3rd round I think that he is a 4th round talent. The better large DT likely get taken in top 10. Sick of seeing this team reach for areas of need and passing on starting quality players which we did with Taco and Hill. Delpit certainly checks all the boxes. He is tall and fast. Has great range and instinctive. He would easily be the best safety since Woodson if we are lucky enough to select him.

I love witten, but he was starting because of loyalty not on being the best TE on the team. He should have been used sparingly. He has just lost too many steps. I hope he retires and goes into coaching. I really like Delpit at 17 as well. He is a beast.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a college football guy so my knowledge is very limited on guys, but if I am drafting a #1 I go with the most bad ass WR on the board and let Amri walk if he wants to break our bank. He has always been a favorite of mine when he was in Oakland and I love the guy now but if he is not on the field for games at a time or if he is he is only 75% then I don't want the big (really big) money tied to him.

Also gotta get a safety that can lower boom, has the jets and can turn his head around.

If we can get both of those coupled with MM we get to playoffs next year.
I agree with you, but flip the order. Where we are picking, the best two WR's are likely off the board. But we could still get a top 2 safety. Delpit for sure if he is on the board still.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at the draft rankings and there are a lot more solid WR's and secondary than I thought. Would love to see our first two picks on those positions. McKinney CB from Bama would be good if Delpit is gone at 17. If CeeDee lamb is there at 17 it would be hard to pass him up as well.

3rd round I'd like to see some DL depth. Every year I ask for it, and Dallas has never granted it, but take a look in the 3rd or 4th and pick the biggest fattest kid on the board and stick him in the middle of your DL. Don't care about foot speed, just give me a fatty run stuffer that can absorb blocks and free up our LB's.

5th we need to address our backup QB position
6th is BPA with an eye on the secondary

This is going to sound lame, but I really hope we can get an extra 7th and use it on the kicker out of Mississippi St. Nothing special, but he was dead accurate. That goofy looking kid out of Georgia gets all the kicker hype, but he's a headcase.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynn Bowden is the WR I want. He is a better version of Randall Cobb and did pretty much the same thing Cobb did at UK. He only played 4 games at WR this year and then moved to QB. He rushed for over 1400 yards in 8 games. This guy can do it all. He has the Patriots or Packers written all over him in the first round. Hoping he makes it to us in the 2nd or 3rd. Doubt it though. Not sure where he is projected.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not paying Cooper unless it is a incentive laden contract he does not show up on the road .
I tag him
Dak is going to get paid but That contract has to be Cowboy friendly or I tag him.
Written needs to move to coaching same with LEE
Quinn and Byron are going to want to get paid and you can’t pay them all so I let them walk and trust Will McClay to find some replacements at a better rate
Delpit won’t make it to 17 I don’t think but if he does
Lamb would be a good pick 2
We need a run stuffing tackle and some linebacker help, corner help, a new punter and kicker a backup QB a TE lots of new pieces will be in place by next training camp it’s going to be a busy offseason.
If only we had taken Watts and Thornhill .........

damit I need a beer now

JMHO

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn was hands down the most disruptive & best defensive player. Have to find away to keep him. I believe the rest will take care of itself. I also wouldn't mind Farbath back with some competition in TC.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just looked at his highlights. That guy is a freaking stud. Was a cut above in tackling, coverage and sacks.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully we get Dak signed around 35 per.
I'd tag Cooper
I'm in on Quinn as long as it's no more than 10M per for 2 years
Gotta sign Cobb...6M per for 2 years
Gotta get Lee in the fold for another year. Hopefully Lee is willing. Leadership a must

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would let Crawford walk. He is always injured. Why offer him anything? I think it would be stupid to bring an often injured player like him back for anything. Move on. If he wants to play for free, ok.
Crawford is an average NFL player being paid like a very good NFL player. Another example of poor contract decisions this team gives existing players because they are afraid to let them go and sign instead, a better player from another team. You are destined for mediocrity when you keep playing the same players and coaches. Crawford is a role player on a good team. If he is paid as such I would love to have him here because I really like him, but that means about $3M per. He just isn't a guy you worry about whether he resigns or not and should not be taking a significant part of your cap away from making the team better. Give him a take it or leave it offer and then just move on if he balks. We complain about how this team plays and then we want to bring back all of the players and think we will be better :noidea:

That being said we need to see how the coaching staff and schemes shake out before we make ANY decision on ANY player

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
XSF again played better than Williams. I'm not saying I expect that to continue going forward, but it is not something I would ignore if I were putting together a roster for the Cowboys for next year.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
XSF again played better than Williams. I'm not saying I expect that to continue going forward, but it is not something I would ignore if I were putting together a roster for the Cowboys for next year.
William's supposedly gained a bunch of weight. He looked only slightly better and still got bull rushed. McGovern if healthy will push William's to the sidelines. When I watch William's I see a guy that is better suited to play at tackle where he can use his quickness to his advantage against smaller players. Williams can be that guy that can be number 6 in the rotation