• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Recruiting

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D89eDVEVAAAdvbE.png

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully all of these predictions come true. I would be ecstatic if the Dawgs were able to land Jacobe Covington for two reasons: (1) Obviously he's a very good player. (2) He's teammates with Kelee Ringo who is the #1 CB in the nation, a Tacoma native and initially it seemed UW had a good shot at him.

Recruiting Roundup: Taking A Guess At The Next To #Woof

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t believe they caved and offered to Scott!

Not sure how to feel about this on a number of levels. Really confused.

I'm concerned for a number of reasons:

(1) He's a diva and this seems to conflict with the OKG thing.
(2) Why would they offer him when it seems as if UW is in strong contention with a number of top WRs? Does this mean they're getting desperate?
(3) If he is really backing off of Ohio State because he realizes there are more talented WRs in their program, how do we know that he wouldn't transfer a year or two in if he doesn't get immediate playing time?

Even if he were to flip to UW I'm pretty conflicted. He's a great talent but the above reasons give me concern. After all that shit with Smalls I don't want to go on with some "hometown hero" charade to hear that they don't want to come here.

I'd love to know the thinking behind this.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m telling you guys one more time this kid is a cancer and will only be a headache for UW

I know your team has played against Eastside and I'm not surprised to hear this. As I said in the previous post; I'm quite confused by this.

I'm not sure what would be worse, caving and getting his commitment or caving and having him still rebuke the Huskies.

Never thought I'd be so conflicted about offering the best in-state WR since Kasen Williams. I could be petty, but my thought is that he finally showed interest in staying home after he realized the WR talent at Ohio State would challenge him for playing time. I don't want our program to be the second choice for any player and if he commits here, it would appear that's the case.

They better be damn sure he wants to come here because if he doesn't, that's just an embarrassment.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly feel this kid is no where near the #1 wide out he proclaims he is!

This clearly is a knee jerk reaction to fans alumni bitching they haven’t offered to this kid

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate to say this considering that he's a legacy, but I'm not a fan from a roster building position. Right now he's ranked the #42 ILB by 247 and the #1009 overall prospect. This looks like a desperation offer after missing out on Smalls, Jordan Botelho and Nick Herbig.

Given his proximity and obvious desire to play at UW, I think we could've landed him as a preferred walk on.

This quote from a UWDawgPound summarizes how I feel:

We don't seem to be getting any traction in our LB recruiting with Herbig, Botelho, and Smalls all eliminating us from contention for their services. Our last two LB classes have been quite large, and I believe we have strong depth built up. We may not have much returning experience in the LB corp, but I expect us to be deep enough to weather a weak 2020 LB class. I might even argue that we'd be better off passing up on reaching for a tier 3 priority LB that might be a fringe P5 talent. Committing resources and a scholarship to a player whose ceiling might only be on special teams wouldn't be productive. I'd suggest that we instead invest that scholarship in an upperclassman walk-on. Rewarding hard work and commitment on a short term basis would be a small investment with big potential dividends from our walk-on program and team morale.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I feel like these are not the offers that a team of UW's caliber should be making at this point.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this considering that he's a legacy, but I'm not a fan from a roster building position. Right now he's ranked the #42 ILB by 247 and the #1009 overall prospect. This looks like a desperation offer after missing out on Smalls, Jordan Botelho and Nick Herbig.

Given his proximity and obvious desire to play at UW, I think we could've landed him as a preferred walk on.

This quote from a UWDawgPound summarizes how I feel:

We don't seem to be getting any traction in our LB recruiting with Herbig, Botelho, and Smalls all eliminating us from contention for their services. Our last two LB classes have been quite large, and I believe we have strong depth built up. We may not have much returning experience in the LB corp, but I expect us to be deep enough to weather a weak 2020 LB class. I might even argue that we'd be better off passing up on reaching for a tier 3 priority LB that might be a fringe P5 talent. Committing resources and a scholarship to a player whose ceiling might only be on special teams wouldn't be productive. I'd suggest that we instead invest that scholarship in an upperclassman walk-on. Rewarding hard work and commitment on a short term basis would be a small investment with big potential dividends from our walk-on program and team morale.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I feel like these are not the offers that a team of UW's caliber should be making at this point.
This class isn't turning out to what I had hoped it to be. I was thinking 2020 would be Petersen's best class yet and now there's no Smalls and no Ringo just to name a few. I have a bad feeling about Adams going to Ohio St.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a weaker pool of DL and LB talent on the west coast this year. It is what it is. Thankfully we got good depth at those positions right now, but we'll have to get cracking on that next year.

I'm expecting it to be a very deep class on offense this year.

Still nice to get this commit. He's a legacy and that's always great to get. He's gonna need to hit the weight room starting this year and freshman year to get some more bulk on that frame, but all the tools are there to become a great ILB for the Dawgs.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here comes the predictable whataboutism from the usual tards looking for any straw to grasp to thrash on Petersen and Washington. Offering a recruit whose committed to some program when it's 6 MONTHS before even the early signing period occurs is not remotely the same thing as flipping some recruit a day before LOI. If you can't understand the obvious difference, then your a product of a Coug or Nike U. edumacation.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This class isn't turning out to what I had hoped it to be. I was thinking 2020 would be Petersen's best class yet and now there's no Smalls and no Ringo just to name a few. I have a bad feeling about Adams going to Ohio St.

Unfortunately I'm on the same boat as you. I mean you would think we would have a killing this year due to the strength of the in-state talent. Luckily regarding Sam Adams, the crystal ball has UW as the team. Although he seems like the type of guy who would drag out his recruitment and the second HB spot might be filled sooner rather than later. I haven't heard much about the Ohio State thing, but with Gee Scott Jr. committed there, it could make sense. I always figured our biggest competition would be Texas A&M since that's where his father played.

I worry that Ayden Hector (father played at USC), and D.J. Rogers (for some reason doesn't have an offer) will also go out of state. The fact that things aren't looking good for Ringo is pretty disappointing.

The saving grace for this class might be WR since it appears that the Huskies are doing well with some of the big name recruits there. With the way things are going right now I fear that this might not even be a top-25 class.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a weaker pool of DL and LB talent on the west coast this year. It is what it is. Thankfully we got good depth at those positions right now, but we'll have to get cracking on that next year.

I'm expecting it to be a very deep class on offense this year.

Still nice to get this commit. He's a legacy and that's always great to get. He's gonna need to hit the weight room starting this year and freshman year to get some more bulk on that frame, but all the tools are there to become a great ILB for the Dawgs.

With the recruiting depth we've accumulated in the 2019 and 2018 classes, I'm concerned that scholarship could've been better applied to a different position. Rankings can only be so accurate and UW has done extremely well with 3 star prospects, but it's still concerning to me that this is the direction recruiting has gone so far.

No disrespect to this kid (hopefully they don't read the shit us arm-chair head coaches say about them), but I doubt he would've received an offer if we hadn't whiffed on some of the other linebacker prospects.