• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Recruiting

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you’re not seeing the fact they have talent across the roster and have serious depth now so why go out and target big name prospects that will only up and transfer when they don’t start

Perhaps. Although it is worth noting that the only big name UW signee that has entered the transfer portal was Colson Yankoff. When you take into consideration how well UW has recruited at QB and the fact that we don't run an offense conducive to his skill set, one can hardly blame him.

It also seems more frequent that QBs transfer out because there is only one QB playing every snap unless someone gets hurt. There are probably a handful of examples that prove otherwise, but QB seems to be the most transfer-prone position. I can't really recall many examples of 4 and 5* non-QBs transferring unless they're just not good enough to become starters by their junior or senior years.

I don't want to dismiss the significance of player development, but there is a very strong correlation between elite recruiting and elite levels of success. I think many of us can agree that the biggest thing holding UW back from being a legitimate national championship contender is talent on the roster.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. Although it is worth noting that the only big name UW signee that has entered the transfer portal was Colson Yankoff. When you take into consideration how well UW has recruited at QB and the fact that we don't run an offense conducive to his skill set, one can hardly blame him.

It also seems more frequent that QBs transfer out because there is only one QB playing every snap unless someone gets hurt. There are probably a handful of examples that prove otherwise, but QB seems to be the most transfer-prone position. I can't really recall many examples of 4 and 5* non-QBs transferring unless they're just not good enough to become starters by their junior or senior years.

I don't want to dismiss the significance of player development, but there is a very strong correlation between elite recruiting and elite levels of success. I think many of us can agree that the biggest thing holding UW back from being a legitimate national championship contender is talent on the roster.

Yes 4* and 5* talent can make a huge difference in becoming a national contender, but that comes at a very large cost, these kids are frickin head cases. I see it week in and week out at practices, 7on7, camps and Friday nights.
If you go all in on these blue chips then you need to be prepared to lose some coaches over time or as the head guy you don't last as long as you wanted to cause these head cases take a lot out of you.

I'm not saying I agree with the way CP is building this, but I'm not going to bitch about it either cause we aren't hearing about the day to day stuff. We don't know his vision for this program, we don't know the kind of coaching they are doing. What we get is some arm chair fan thinking he knows what goes on there and writes his opinion then the next thing we know its "fact" when in reality it aint! Cause we know CP doesn't give out shit for comments!

I would love for them to be in the playoffs every year, I really would. But that comes at a cost, I think its starting to crack in Bama, I love Saban! I love what he built down there, but you go back to that title game last year, and that was the first time I saw a Saban coached team lose their shit on the field. They were frustrated and uncoachable. They couldn't make adjustments, and that is players turning off coaches voices.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes 4* and 5* talent can make a huge difference in becoming a national contender, but that comes at a very large cost, these kids are frickin head cases. I see it week in and week out at practices, 7on7, camps and Friday nights.
If you go all in on these blue chips then you need to be prepared to lose some coaches over time or as the head guy you don't last as long as you wanted to cause these head cases take a lot out of you.

I'm not saying I agree with the way CP is building this, but I'm not going to bitch about it either cause we aren't hearing about the day to day stuff. We don't know his vision for this program, we don't know the kind of coaching they are doing. What we get is some arm chair fan thinking he knows what goes on there and writes his opinion then the next thing we know its "fact" when in reality it aint! Cause we know CP doesn't give out shit for comments!

I would love for them to be in the playoffs every year, I really would. But that comes at a cost, I think its starting to crack in Bama, I love Saban! I love what he built down there, but you go back to that title game last year, and that was the first time I saw a Saban coached team lose their shit on the field. They were frustrated and uncoachable. They couldn't make adjustments, and that is players turning off coaches voices.

That's a good point that I didn't consider and you have more first hand experience with that than I do. Nowadays with all the attention players receive on social media, etc. I have to imagine that at times it would be difficult to not let it get to your head. The only savings grace missing out on Smalls and Gee Scott Jr. is that they both seem to have egos that make T.O. look humble.

Luckily I believe that Petersen's "OKG" thing helps negate that to a certain extent.

It doesn't negate the significance of acquiring elite young talent, but then more of the impetus is on the coaching staff to compensate for that and/or find those diamonds in the rough. Both of which the staff has seemed to do well at.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think good news is coming this friday......One of the top tackle prospects on the west coast. Many analysts had him all to the Ducks the past month. The visit here might of really swung things in our favor and I'm seeing more crystal balls going to unknown or the Huskies the past two days.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's between Oregon & Washington.

Steve Wiltfong, one of the top analysts at 24/7, says Washington is now the school to beat after this visit this weekend. Duck honks like Justin Hopkins are now changing their calls to the Huskies today which is total damage control time on their calls.

Some Analysis:

With a long, projectable frame that has room to add mass over the next few years, Rosengarten is considered one of the more athletic and nimble blockers in the country for the 2020 class. He consistently reaches the second level in run support, is quick to set his base in pass protection, and repeatedly shows toughness and relentless as a player with a high motor.

Rosengarten added a major honor to his résumé this spring when he was selected for the 2020 All-American Bowl. He is the nation's No. 18-rated offensive tackle and No. 2 overall prospect in the state of Colorado for the 2020 class.

He'll be a massive get for the Oline and big shot in the arm we needed for recruiting for the 2020 class. Ohio State and Michigan really went after him hard as well. Huge get for the Dawgs if get the commit this friday. Also a solid message to a certain tailback prospect in this state that he'll have plenty of runblocking going on for him to shine.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked all the sites. It is an avalanche of crystal balls all changing this afternoon to the Huskies.

That's the usual music when the recruit and parents made the calls to all the coaching staffs on what their decision is and word starts to leak from the sources on the teams that didn't make it. The fact he made it known he's making the call on friday. Yep, think the Dawgs are in the drivers seat now. Outstanding. :clap:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news. We're also favorites for Geirean Hatchett from what I've heard.
The projected Oline class is looking really good. Great to see the Dawgs getting it done with recruiting for the trenches.