• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NHL Offseason Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are you thinking, as i don't see anyone other than the Hughes Brother that I'd want.
your three first round picks are pretty good currency of course

and of course you'd need to take Erickson :D

Well I figured one of the firsts was a given as the jumping off point.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are you thinking, as i don't see anyone other than the Hughes Brother that I'd want.
your three first round picks are pretty good currency of course

and of course you'd need to take Erickson :D

Do we have anyone not named Pierre-Luc, Zach, Seth or Elvis you could use?

Ryan Murray, Josh Anderson and Korpisalo for Loui, Brock and a second rounder if Josh signs an extension?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said before the Devils should be targeting a guy like Brock Boeser. They have the playmakers now they need goal scorers. I think he makes sense long term, Vancouver has to think about the cap and expansion draft and the Devils could put together a decent package.

No opinion, just wanted to say how refreshing it is to see a trade discussion that does NOT involve the Leafs :thumb:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true.

*takes sip of coffee*

So, @Nasty_Magician , what's it gonna take to get Severson outta there?

While he thinks about it, how about this:

To NJD

TOR 2nd round pick
Bracco

To TOR

Severson
Schneider (assuming his contract can be buried, or he gets banished to Robidas Island)
NJD First (any of the 3, dont care much)

/last two are really to help the less financially fortunate. Guessing NJD will have a cash crunch

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While he thinks about it, how about this:

To NJD

TOR 2nd round pick
Bracco

To TOR

Severson
Schneider (assuming his contract can be buried, or he gets banished to Robidas Island)
NJD First (any of the 3, dont care much)

/last two are really to help the less financially fortunate. Guessing NJD will have a cash crunch
I could see NJD being cash strapped but I doubt they're that desperate lol.

Kerfoot and Johnsson are both on cash-light deals. One of them plus a pick and a prospect for Severson maybe. Not that we have any non-Robertson prospects that anyone would really want so...I dunno. Maybe Dr. Recchi will help us out.

Plus I think I saw somewhere that Schneider's career was over. Assuming insurance would cover most of it now anyway.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gee, thanks.

Glad I am too cheap to pay for The Athletic :nod:

Without seeing it though, I am sure it is full of the same nonsense I see every year. Every other team will give up all their best players for the dregs that couldnt cut it in T.O. And the Cap doesn't exist. Even though a life-long fan of the team, even I am tired of it. Esp when reality is quite different. The Leafs trade picks that become HOFers for rentals, they cant draft other than the obvious ones, and free agents want to recoup the cost of their tyke jammies and bedspreads by forcing the Leafs to overpay.

All I do know is, I am coming to grips with the reality that I may never see them win a Cup.

OK, too dark. Soooooo, Tkaczuk and Brodie for Johnsson and some magic beans? :pound:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger says Josh Anderson's looking for a long-term deal to stay in Columbus.

Again, this is a guy coming off a bad injury who had one goal in 26 games last season.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger says Josh Anderson's looking for a long-term deal to stay in Columbus.

Again, this is a guy coming off a bad injury who had one goal in 26 games last season.

At least his agent has learned to read the room, saying the "Want to stay in Columbus" thing. He's gonna have to give up dollars to get anything above 3 years. His agent pissed all over the floor last time and the Jackets know they can move him. The main issue is not necessarily the low production, it's the stupid fight that broke his shoulder and cost him a season. That and he tried to rush back, failed and bitched about training staff.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that would push him over the line next year.

/:L

Let me guess (because I refuse to give them the click), Oilers fans are moaning and groaning about how unfair it was for them to be placed in the qualifying round when they would have easily been a playoff team if the season would have played out as it normally does and because they were upset by the lowest seeded team in the West, Holland isn't getting the credit for the fine job he did assembling the team. Does that cover it?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess (because I refuse to give them the click), Oilers fans are moaning and groaning about how unfair it was for them to be placed in the qualifying round when they would have easily been a playoff team if the season would have played out as it normally does and because they were upset by the lowest seeded team in the West, Holland isn't getting the credit for the fine job he did assembling the team. Does that cover it?
Literally the first reply to that tweet lmao

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The latest from Dreger, the official marketing arm of the Darren Farris agency.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might explain LMAFO's agent tweet.