• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NHL Offseason Thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case we can't deal him and have to play him this season. I am sure all the talks have been sign and trade scenarios.
But can't they just not qualify him and let him walk? Or is it that there's a perceived value there that they think they can still get on the trade market?

I think teams would like to take a flier on him but in a cap-hell world I don't know if that kind of money is moveable at all.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But can't they just not qualify him and let him walk? Or is it that there's a perceived value there that they think they can still get on the trade market?

I think teams would like to take a flier on him but in a cap-hell world I don't know if that kind of money is moveable at all.

Jarmo has to be getting calls already. I mean I have seen at least 4 different teams linked to a desire to get him. And Jarmo has also said something to the effect of keeping him could be the best trade frenzy result if he's healthy.

Best case is we sign and trade him in a package to get a true #2C (or straight up, God willing). Worst case would be losing him for absolutely nothing before expansion. If we keep him, get him under contract for two years and let Seattle take him and deal with his asshole agent as an UFA that ain't too bad.

He is a power forward who has scored 30 in the past, coming off a down year due to injury so he should be cheaper than he would be coming into RFA with another 30 goal campaign under his belt. That might be attractive to cap strapped teams. There is value there. But admittedly a risk. As long as a GM will sign JMFJ and think he did good, there is hope someone will make a dumb deal for Joshie Boy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarmo has to be getting calls already. I mean I have seen at least 4 different teams linked to a desire to get him. And Jarmo has also said something to the effect of keeping him could be the best trade frenzy result if he's healthy.

Best case is we sign and trade him in a package to get a true #2C (or straight up, God willing). Worst case would be losing him for absolutely nothing before expansion. If we keep him, get him under contract for two years and let Seattle take him and deal with his asshole agent as an UFA that ain't too bad.

He is a power forward who has scored 30 in the past, coming off a down year due to injury so he should be cheaper than he would be coming into RFA with another 30 goal campaign under his belt. That might be attractive to cap strapped teams. There is value there. But admittedly a risk. As long as a GM will sign JMFJ and think he did good, there is hope someone will make a dumb deal for Joshie Boy.
I'd definitely like him on the Leafs but more on a show-me deal.

I guess CBJ has the space to just hold onto him so it's not that big a deal extending him the QO and leaving it at that.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Fitzgerald does a better job of taking advantage of cap strapped teams than Shero did. They have picks to burn, more cap space than any other team and if their young guns all meet their potential their paydays will coincide with Subban, Zajac and Schneider coming off the books ($20+ million).

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He complained about 10,000 fans in NJ booing him this season, he's going to handle Montreal?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bobby Ryan wins the Masterton.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, maybe it’ll work out better there. It wasn’t easy in Toronto because the Leafs already had a puck moving d-man to anchor the PP and far as I can tell Vancouver definitely doesn’t already have a young guy with oodles of potential doing that.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, maybe it’ll work out better there. It wasn’t easy in Toronto because the Leafs already had a puck moving d-man to anchor the PP and far as I can tell Vancouver definitely doesn’t already have a young guy with oodles of potential doing that.

:noidea:

:D

To be fair, 18 year old Jim Benning was a highly regarded puck moving defenseman back in the day. I leave it to you all to add the anchor joke....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said before the Devils should be targeting a guy like Brock Boeser. They have the playmakers now they need goal scorers. I think he makes sense long term, Vancouver has to think about the cap and expansion draft and the Devils could put together a decent package.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I've said before the Devils should be targeting a guy like Brock Boeser. They have the playmakers now they need goal scorers. I think he makes sense long term, Vancouver has to think about the cap and expansion draft and the Devils could put together a decent package.

what are you thinking, as i don't see anyone other than the Hughes Brother that I'd want.
your three first round picks are pretty good currency of course

and of course you'd need to take Erickson :D