• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen enough of Awuzie. He ain't it. No need to take WR at 17. Too many other critical needs such as CB, DT, Safety. We can get WR in second or third round. If we needed a #1 reciever, then I would look at one of the studs, but we dont.
I know everyone likes to just look at next year but WR would help in a couple of ways. Most obviously we seem to need a #3 right now. So if we found a guy ready to contribute this year it would make us that much better of a team right away. The other thing is that with limited room under the cap if we find a guy that in a few years is ready to be a #1 it allows us to cut or trade Cooper. Not to say he may not still be a good player for us at that point but IF we draft a guy that becomes a #1 and IF Gallup becomes a real good #2 (or Gallup the #1 and draft pick the #2) 2 years from now that is $20M per year we can spend on another position that may be of a bigger need at that time. I'm not suggesting just take any WR of course and like I said I don't see it as our top need, but if we truly feel one of these guys is the BPA at that point I see no reason to not pull the trigger.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang it. I am not allowed to read it :(

note from article:
"As always, we will be using The Draft Network’s Mock Draft Simulator to keep things as realistic as possible; therefore, if you’re upset a player is available at an unrealistic spot, then take it up with TDN — we are just making the best possible selections with the available players at each pick."

Round 1, Pick 17: Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
Round 2, Pick 51: Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
Round 3, Pick 82: Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
Round 4, Pick 123: Bradlee Anae, DE, Utah
Round 5, Pick 164: Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas
Round 5, Pick 179: Tanner Muse, S, Clemson
Round 7, Pick 231: Luqman, Barcoo, DB, San Diego State

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone likes to just look at next year but WR would help in a couple of ways. Most obviously we seem to need a #3 right now. So if we found a guy ready to contribute this year it would make us that much better of a team right away. The other thing is that with limited room under the cap if we find a guy that in a few years is ready to be a #1 it allows us to cut or trade Cooper. Not to say he may not still be a good player for us at that point but IF we draft a guy that becomes a #1 and IF Gallup becomes a real good #2 (or Gallup the #1 and draft pick the #2) 2 years from now that is $20M per year we can spend on another position that may be of a bigger need at that time. I'm not suggesting just take any WR of course and like I said I don't see it as our top need, but if we truly feel one of these guys is the BPA at that point I see no reason to not pull the trigger.
I see your point. I would not be upset, if all our defensive targets are gone, then I would do it, but I think a #3 like the kids from texas, baylor, or TCU would fit as well in the second or third rounds.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen enough of Awuzie. He ain't it. No need to take WR at 17. Too many other critical needs such as CB, DT, Safety. We can get WR in second or third round. If we needed a #1 reciever, then I would look at one of the studs, but we dont.
I would not be against trading up in the 2nd round for a CB if that corner is gladney. I have a hunch he goes at the end of the first round though. I am not so down on Awuzie as some are. Awuzie does not force many turnovers which is another issue with him. His expiring contract is another issue. The Issue with the secondary is it is not real good and all the expiring contracts. I think the Cowboys need two new players whether that means through the draft or in FA. Candidates early are Cj Henderson , gladney,Terrell. We also need safties. It's a damn mess.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
note from article:
"As always, we will be using The Draft Network’s Mock Draft Simulator to keep things as realistic as possible; therefore, if you’re upset a player is available at an unrealistic spot, then take it up with TDN — we are just making the best possible selections with the available players at each pick."

Round 1, Pick 17: Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
Round 2, Pick 51: Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
Round 3, Pick 82: Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
Round 4, Pick 123: Bradlee Anae, DE, Utah
Round 5, Pick 164: Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas
Round 5, Pick 179: Tanner Muse, S, Clemson
Round 7, Pick 231: Luqman, Barcoo, DB, San Diego State

Ohh, man, if that comes true, I may need a room.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a 3rd receiver that can line up all over the field. The 3rd WR is on the field as much as the "#1" so I don't know why you don't think we need one. You underestimate how important Cobb was to our offense last year. There's nothing in the rule book that says because you have a "#1 WR" already that you can't draft a stud WR. This is a passing league and we have a glaring hole at WR.

You can give up on a 24 year old cornerback but I won't. Especially if that cornerback is gonna be helped out with an improved pass rush and a lot more blitzing. Everybody gave up on Byron and look at what happened to him in Year 4. The same with DLaw. Awuzie has issues that are correctable. It's not like Awuzie is out there getting absolutely burned on every play. He gives up too many catches, but it's not like he's being left in the dust. Those issues are fixable. Awuzie has had some bad luck having perfect passes fly over his head too. Maybe those passes won't be so perfect with more blitzing.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be against trading up in the 2nd round for a CB if that corner is gladney. I have a hunch he goes at the end of the first round though. I am not so down on Awuzie as some are. Awuzie does not force many turnovers which is another issue with him. His expiring contract is another issue. The Issue with the secondary is it is not real good and all the expiring contracts. I think the Cowboys need two new players whether that means through the draft or in FA. Candidates early are Cj Henderson , gladney,Terrell. We also need safties. It's a damn mess.
You are right. We do need two more secondary players. I would use draft to get them.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Cowboys pick a DT with their first selection.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a 3rd receiver that can line up all over the field. The 3rd WR is on the field as much as the "#1" so I don't know why you don't think we need one. You underestimate how important Cobb was to our offense last year. There's nothing in the rule book that says because you have a "#1 WR" already that you can't draft a stud WR. This is a passing league and we have a glaring hole at WR.
The WR group is very deep so no need to draft one in the 1st round.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can give up on a 24 year old cornerback but I won't. Especially if that cornerback is gonna be helped out with an improved pass rush and a lot more blitzing. Everybody gave up on Byron and look at what happened to him in Year 4. The same with DLaw. Awuzie has issues that are correctable. It's not like Awuzie is out there getting absolutely burned on every play. He gives up too many catches, but it's not like he's being left in the dust. Those issues are fixable. Awuzie has had some bad luck having perfect passes fly over his head too. Maybe those passes won't be so perfect with more blitzing.
We keep assuming every year about an improved pass rush. I am tired of waiting for an "Improved pass rush" to resue a poor talented secondary. How about upgrading secondary talent??? You think a #3 is more important then secondary or d-line help???

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We keep assuming every year about an improved pass rush. I am tired of waiting for an "Improved pass rush" to resue a poor talented secondary. How about upgrading secondary talent??? You think a #3 is more important then secondary or d-line help???

With McCoy, Poe, and Gregory it should be potent. Plus, Nolan is gonna blitz a lot more than Marinelli/Richard did.

You gotta stop putting a number on things. The "#3" is gonna be on the field as much as the top 2 are especially in a West Coast offense. Remember how good Rice, Owens, and Stokes was? Imagine Amari, Gallup, and Lamb/Jeudy with the threat of Zeke. The Cowboys best defense is a great offense.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With McCoy, Poe, and Gregory it should be potent. Plus, Nolan is gonna blitz a lot more than Marinelli/Richard did.

You gotta stop putting a number on things. The "#3" is gonna be on the field as much as the top 2 are especially in a West Coast offense. Remember how good Rice, Owens, and Stokes was? Imagine Amari, Gallup, and Lamb/Jeudy with the threat of Zeke. The Cowboys best defense is a great offense.
I understand your point. I just have to disagree. No problem

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does not help that Godell has not even considered and wont reinstate Gregory or Smith before the draft. Bitch move by Godell. Cowboys need to go forward as though they will have neither,because they may have neither.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sticking with Kinlaw as my hopeful 1st round pick. A front of DLaw,Poe,McCoy and Kinlaw would shut down running lanes and allow the line backers to cause turnovers. Good luck running against that front. QBs would also have defensive lineman in their face when trying to throw the ball. Kinlaw is a beast.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sticking with Kinlaw as my hopeful 1st round pick. A front of DLaw,Poe,McCoy and Kinlaw would shut down running lanes and allow the line backers to cause turnovers. Good luck running against that front. QBs would also have defensive lineman in their face when trying to throw the ball. Kinlaw is a beast.
I would have no problem with that. Give us a stud d-line.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the closer we get the more likely this team trades back
don't think the corner, nor the 3 wides nor the two DT's are there
Yep. That's the way it looks.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That's the way it looks.
I'm not high on the LSU DE, l could be wrong but he was manhandled against the Alabama tackles. LSU moved him to the other side and the other tackle kept him under control. Just seemed to only dominate against inferior talent and there isn't many of them at this next level.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the closer we get the more likely this team trades back
don't think the corner, nor the 3 wides nor the two DT's are there

I agree unless they are extremely high on one of the two Safeties. I wouldn’t mind a trade back of a few spots and try to get another pick in round 2.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree unless they are extremely high on one of the two Safeties. I wouldn’t mind a trade back of a few spots and try to get another pick in round 2.
this or trade back to the low to mid 20's in round one and get another 3rd.
4 picks in the first 100 should be the goal