• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Talk Thread

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a fair point about trading back and maybe he’s not there and neither is Ayiuk. But I still think when Lamb drops to Atlanta you make that move. I’ll say what I say though about every pick my teams make...just be right. Reagor is our guy and I’m hoping he’s Offensive ROTY. I like the player, I just think Lamb is a superstar.

I think the Eagles were looking for an explosive outside receiver type who can take the top off the defense with speed and quickness. CD Lamb is a really good prospect, but he's a possession receiver at the next level, he does not give you that type of game ... the Birds needed someone who can help open the field so that guys like Ertz and Goedert have more room to work. Fans took the "false rumor" that CD Lamb was the apple of Howie's eye and when it didn't happen they were upset. I know many fans have written him off, but the Eagles still have faith in JJ Arcega Whiteside who may develop in that possession role year two.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a little perspective is needed, the Eagles didn't do anything rash we got a dynamic college playmaker who can contribute on offense and special teams. Its a crapshoot for any player even those who were consensus top 10 picks.

Reactions: ctc

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the play for Rd 2 is Defensive Back. Tons of value at the position:

At Safety: Antoine Winfield (huge fan), Xavier McKinney (1st rd value), Grant Delpit, Ashtyn Davis (personal fav), Jeremy Chinn (big, fast Safety/LB hybrid), Kyle Dugger (same as Chinn).

At Corner: Jaylon Johnson (love him), Kristian Fulton, Travon Diggs

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details, details.

Look, now that it is morning and I am sobered up, I am trying to be optimistic but...still unhappy. This was a major reach. If we had taken Reagor in the second round I would have been OK with it, but at 21 there were better options.

I certainly hope he becomes the next Desean Jackson or Tyreek Hill, but nothing about his production or history suggests that. Jackson was a much better college player than Reagor.

I won’t disagree there were some other options at 21 that could have been considered.

However, totally disagree that Reagor would still be on the board this morning. I think someone was “reaching” for him. Chatter was the Saints or Pats...so I’m good with us being the one to reach.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a little perspective is needed, the Eagles didn't do anything rash we got a dynamic college playmaker who can contribute on offense and special teams. Its a crapshoot for any player even those who were consensus top 10 picks.

You’re right. It’s a crapshoot.

I don’t put myself up as an apologist for personnel guys, but it’s a very fluid process. I don’t know if guys felt the process last night was better or worse than the standard live draft. Probably didn’t matter.

I found the first 10-12 picks were pretty chalk and the massive amount of trading expected didn’t materialize as much as expected. I think this is a symptom of current events. Couldn’t get guys in and eye ball them as well. Also couldn’t get a guy in and interview, fall in love, and reach for them.

Maybe we reached....or maybe this guy was who we had targeted if we stayed at 21 and he was there, and no interviews happened to cause irrationality to the process.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Mims 6-3" and same speed?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At Safety: Antoine Winfield (huge fan), Xavier McKinney (1st rd value), Grant Delpit, Ashtyn Davis (personal fav), Jeremy Chinn (big, fast Safety/LB hybrid), Kyle Dugger (same as Chinn).

I also love Winfield. He just makes plays and is always around the ball. I also like CB Noah Igbinoghene from Auburn. But I don’t think Howie likes the SEC.

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details, details.

Look, now that it is morning and I am sobered up, I am trying to be optimistic but...still unhappy. This was a major reach. If we had taken Reagor in the second round I would have been OK with it, but at 21 there were better options.

I certainly hope he becomes the next Desean Jackson or Tyreek Hill, but nothing about his production or history suggests that. Jackson was a much better college player than Reagor.

I understand what you are saying I think (as far as reading a posting from one person to the next can understand) but here is my bottom line. The Eagles swung for the fences. The didn't settle for singles (ala Pete Rose) or Tony Gwynn. Plus there is no guarantee that Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs ETC are going to be the next Babe Ruth. Nor is there a guarantee that Reagor will be either. History tells us that the majority of WR's will be passable. The talking heads AND Howie can talk all they want but it is ONLY when Reagor gets on the field that we will find out if he is a home run hitter. I'm OK for swinging for the fences. They had to!!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles were looking for an explosive outside receiver type who can take the top off the defense with speed and quickness. CD Lamb is a really good prospect, but he's a possession receiver at the next level, he does not give you that type of game ... the Birds needed someone who can help open the field so that guys like Ertz and Goedert have more room to work. Fans took the "false rumor" that CD Lamb was the apple of Howie's eye and when it didn't happen they were upset. I know many fans have written him off, but the Eagles still have faith in JJ Arcega Whiteside who may develop in that possession role year two.

The main thing is that Howie didn't want to give up his precious picks to move up in front of Dallas. So now, we'd better get some more CB's because Dallas is LOADED for bear, and we're gonna have a hard time defending Cooper and Lamb together! :mad2:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We'd better get one of those CB's!!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He ran a better 40 and awesome 3-cone, plus put up better college numbers. But what Reagor defenders will say, and it is true, is that Reagor had worse QB play and bulked up too much prior to the combine. He looks faster on the field than Mims.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ran a better 40 and awesome 3-cone, plus put up better college numbers. But what Reagor defenders will say, and it is true, is that Reagor had worse QB play and bulked up too much prior to the combine. He looks faster on the field than Mims.

I posted this below prior to the draft and it is even more relevant now that we drafted him. His QB play in 2019 was as bad as it gets. Check out his 2018 stats when TCU QB was a little better for better perspective.

93435456_10214481807913044_560438149172428800_n.jpg

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles Sanders has to love this pick. Reagor and DJax on opposite sides all but guarantees a two high safety look. Wentz has no problems checking to runs when the defense presents it. I think the Eagles are best when they have a commitment to the run and play action and boot off of it.

Zack Ertz has to love this. He becomes much more difficult to bracket when the defense has to account for two vertical threats.

We need some injury luck to keep all these guys on the field though. I worry about this lockdown impacting soft tissue injuries next year for speed guys. Praying for healthy hamstrings.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Igbinoghene was picked by Miami last night.

Haha, that’s what I get for falling asleep early. But shit that would have been a great second round pick haha.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay the day after and I am calming down. They had the kid rated higher on their board so be it.
It's Douggie's system so if he thinks this kid is a perfect fit its his call..

And Pittman is from SC ( So was the great Nelly) I don't see Philly having another SC receiver in a while

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not during games. Mims tested faster than he plays. I like Mims and he makes sick catches downfield, but Reagor is a burner that scares defenses. Reagor is one of the fastest players in the league.

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Mims as well. But watch the game tape and you can clearly see Mims is nowhere near as explosive as Reagor.

I am struggling why so many people are upset with this pick. Reagor is a DJack clone but thicker and runs like a running back after the catch. I am telling you the Saints were taking him at 24

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a Notre Dame fan (don’t hate me) and have had the chance to watch Chase Claypool for a number of years. He’s already had to deal with creating production while attracting special attention from the defense. He has a vast catch radius and can really win contested balls in the air. In a big surprise he ran a really strong 40 at the combine (I think sub 4.5). What do you guys think about him at 53 to compliment the pure bad ass speed of Reagor? Am I being a homer and over-evaluating the guy?