• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Talk Thread

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one probably, but there is now a way to cut a receiver and spread the cap hit over a few seasons from what I read, and so people think Alshon is likely a goner, Howie is just waiting until the draft is over to play his hand.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one probably, but there is now a way to cut a receiver and spread the cap hit over a few seasons from what I read, and so people think Alshon is likely a goner, Howie is just waiting until the draft is over to play his hand.

I was unaware of that cap possibility. That makes sense to cut him. I just couldn’t see taking a 13-15 mil cap hit for a guy to not play. With guys like Ertz DJax and now Reagor’s speed on the field, I would think that could open stuff up for Jeffrey. I think you’d get a nice year out of him. He has to be thinking about that last contract he would sign. He needs a show me year. I like having a guy that has much to prove to make their money. Maybe I’m over valuing that. He is no better than a 3rd or 4th option now. But that’s a strong pass catcher who can make plays while covered to move sticks on 3rd down. From a football perspective, I’d much rather count on him there than JJAW.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what we all think it can be said that the Eagles did not draft the BPA.
It seems clear that there are 2 metrics that stood out to Howie; speed and versatility. Not sure that was enough to draft Reagor at #21. I think Howie panicked when Dallas took Lamb.
Now Howie is forced to draft DB’s/LB’s in order to defend the potent Dallas offense.
Pay close attention to Day 2.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what we all think it can be said that the Eagles did not draft the BPA.
It seems clear that there are 2 metrics that stood out to Howie; speed and versatility. Not sure that was enough to draft Reagor at #21. I think Howie panicked when Dallas took Lamb.
Now Howie is forced to draft DB’s/LB’s in order to defend the potent Dallas offense.
We already added a DB and Dallas lost a DB.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the only way that Alshon is back is if he admits he was the mole, apologizes, and blows Carson Wentz in front of the entire team. Any time he tries to trash Wentz after that, everyone can remind him that he’s Wentz’s bitch and he needs to shut up.

In other words, I agree - he’s not coming back.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes but Dallas didn't get that edge rusher that was a must have and they didn't address an Oline that is starting to fade real fast....

I'm not sticking up for the pick but if they got a hunch or a feeling on a guy then we have to sit back and bitch about it!

But did anyone else get giddy when the Eagles were on the clock and they took a peak into Jefferson's house and he's on the phone and anyone else think the Eagles were calling him.....:L

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but Dallas didn't get that edge rusher that was a must have and they didn't address an Oline that is starting to fade real fast....

I'm not sticking up for the pick but if they got a hunch or a feeling on a guy then we have to sit back and bitch about it!

But did anyone else get giddy when the Eagles were on the clock and they took a peak into Jefferson's house and he's on the phone and anyone else think the Eagles were calling him.....:L

There was major lag on all those video feeds. It was hard to tell what was going on.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just me or do we still need to bolster the pass rush? Maybe in free agency?
Terrell Lewis maybe. There are some toolsy rushers available today. But there should be good value in the secondary at 53.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got giddy when it was "PICK IS IN" and they showed Pederson and he was cracking a grin. At that point, only Reagor's speed could have given him that face.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already added a DB and Dallas lost a DB.
Going to need more. Slay can only play on 1 side. The quality of players in the middle are decidedly suspect.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Logan Wilson LB a reach at 53?

I think the answer to that question will be based on how you value the LB position. Personally, I think it’s a plug and play position where you can get winning contributions from UFAs and late round picks. So as much as I think he’s a good player and a tackling machine. Solid but not flashy. I would personally consider him with the 3rd round pick. I would say 2nd is a little early. But that’s because of my personal value on the position.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m a “you can never get enough pass rush guy”. So I’m always in favor of adding pass rush. At the same time, your development of players has to come through. They’ve taken pass rushers recently and now it’s time for the PSU kid to step up as well as Sweat from FSU. I thought Sweat made a nice step last season. Howie loves Florida guys. Look for in the 4th the possibility of DE Grenard (spelling?) from Florida.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas still needs a lot on Defense ... they lost their best Edge rusher from last year in Robert Quinn, they lost their best DB in Byron Jones (not much talent behind him), their Safety's blow ... and their Pro Bowl Center retired on Offense. They added a bunch of old dudes and get back smoke expert Randy Gregory ... I don't think they've done much in the way of replacing what they've lost. CD Lamb was nice value, but WR was nowhere near a top need ... they already have two really good starters and could have drafted a slot receiver later in a stacked WR class later to replace R Cobb. There is good value in Rd 2 at DB, but I think they should have doubled up with one in the 1st and one on the 2nd.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network has us taking an EDGE rusher, Jay Taylor.
I think at this point, we need to add another CB, capable of starting as a rookie. As stated before, Slay has 2-3 more years left, and we have no other good CB on the roster.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas still needs a lot on Defense ... they lost their best Edge rusher from last year in Robert Quinn, they lost their best DB in Byron Jones (not much talent behind him), their Safety's blow ... and their Pro Bowl Center retired on Offense. They added a bunch of old dudes and get back smoke expert Randy Gregory ... I don't think they've done much in the way of replacing what they've lost. CD Lamb was nice value, but WR was nowhere near a top need ... they already have two really good starters and could have drafted a slot receiver later in a stacked WR class later to replace R Cobb. There is good value in Rd 2 at DB, but I think they should have doubled up with one in the 1st and one on the 2nd.

Quite true, but it shows how much we have to improve the CB, S, and LB in this draft, or trade.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network has us taking an EDGE rusher, Jay Taylor.
I think at this point, we need to add another CB, capable of starting as a rookie. As stated before, Slay has 2-3 more years left, and we have no other good CB on the roster.

I think you have intriguing safety options available as well and maybe a bigger need. Maybe the Goblin will work out back there. Either way I want an infusion of young talent back there.