• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Talk Thread

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure desean ran 4.2 at the combine and was 2nd rd pick

DeSean ran 4.35 at the combine. Reagor ran 4.47, but ran low 4.3s (I believe) at a Pro Day.

Maybe DeSean ran 4.2 at a Pro Day and I’m not remembering it and didn’t find it on a quick search last night.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the pick. The kid checks the box for taking the top off. He ticks the box for being able to make big plays in space (which is really important in the league these days). He ticks the box for chunk yardage which the team really lacked last year. He ticks the box for athleticism. The only place he might not tick the box is his drops. It's hard to tell because they don't make tapes of his lowlights. The highlights look like he has great hands.
I think this will work. I think Pederson will figure out how to use him without telegraphing it.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's way bigger than Desean. Desean is like 170. Reagor is 195. Reagor is thick.

Reagor is going to surprise his detractors. His skills are WOW level.

You are right. I was thinking only if the comparable heights. Reagor dropped 10 lbs between Combine and Pro Day to 197. Much bigger.

His pro day also had his 40
At sub 4.3 (they said something like 4.22, but Pro Day times, especially this year, can be manipulated a little. One thing was clear, he cut some weight and ran faster. And he is still a good bit more bulk that D-Jax was/is.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe or maybe not. Vikes took Jefferson, but very well may have went Reagor. Mim's is still available. We need another stud.

From what I heard, the Saints and Patriots may have been interested in him. We possibly could have traded down...but not really worth risking.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure desean ran 4.2 at the combine and was 2nd rd pick

Details, details.

Look, now that it is morning and I am sobered up, I am trying to be optimistic but...still unhappy. This was a major reach. If we had taken Reagor in the second round I would have been OK with it, but at 21 there were better options.

I certainly hope he becomes the next Desean Jackson or Tyreek Hill, but nothing about his production or history suggests that. Jackson was a much better college player than Reagor.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you iggloo.:D He's Steve Smith (the good one) but faster.

I am so fucking happy.

You have probably never seen a single TCU game. He is nothing like Steve Smith as a player. He is a deep threat like Desean but not quite as good.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand the Tee Higgins love. I admittedly didn’t watch him much but he looks slow, can’t run routes, and has shitty hands.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be looking for more playmakers, game changers, dynamic players in the second.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer Michael Pittman Jr. to Higgins and I think he might be there at our next pick. A big-bodied wideout like JuJu who could compliment Reagor.

The guy I would really like is Denzel Mims but we would need to trade up to the top of the second for him, he will go in the next 10 picks I am sure. I am worried he will be a Giant.

With Mims outside and Reagor in the slot we would indeed add a lot of speed to the offense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details, details.

Look, now that it is morning and I am sobered up, I am trying to be optimistic but...still unhappy. This was a major reach. If we had taken Reagor in the second round I would have been OK with it, but at 21 there were better options.

I certainly hope he becomes the next Desean Jackson or Tyreek Hill, but nothing about his production or history suggests that. Jackson was a much better college player than Reagor.
He wouldn't have been there in the 2nd round because he's way too good.

Not hard to understand, but you can't grasp it.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details, details.

based on what? mock drafts/big boards? most had him as a first round talent. there's only so many guys with that kind of speed and ability. lot of WRs in the other molds. Pretty sure Austin Jackson and Damon Arnette who went before him you might have expected a team to be able to get in the 3rd round. You don't know what teams want. Just talking heads.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have probably never seen a single TCU game. He is nothing like Steve Smith as a player. He is a deep threat like Desean but not quite as good.
I've seen him plenty. Really like the other prospects on TCU as well - Gladney and Blacklock. You don't know what I've seen. He goes up and gets the football with strong hands like Steve Smith.

You're being a bitch and now you're just lashing out. Lame, iggloo.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on what? mock drafts/big boards? most had him as a first round talent. there's only so many guys with that kind of speed and ability. lot of WRs in the other molds. Pretty sure Austin Jackson and Damon Arnette who went before him you might have expected a team to be able to get in the 3rd round. You don't know what teams want. Just talking heads.

That's certainly fair. I am sure the Eagles had a better idea of who would and would not be there in 15 picks than us. But with the 21st selection there are better options than this. Like I said, one was Kenneth Murray at LB. I know we don't value LB but I think he will be a Pro Bowler.

We reached for WR in a draft deep at WR guys, that's the reality. Howie panicked.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen him plenty. Really like the other prospects on TCU as well - Gladney and Blacklock. You don't know what I've seen. He goes up and gets the football with strong hands like Steve Smith.

You're being a bitch and now you're just lashing out. Lame, iggloo.

I don't mean to make it personal, so sorry about that. But I am pissed dude.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reagor's play speed and explosion is absolutely amazing ... he made the mistake of bulking up 10 lbs from his max play weight last season (he looked jacked at the Combine) and it cost him on his 40 time. If instead of bulking up 10 lbs he would have sleeked down to 190 (15 lbs down from his Combine weight) he would have most likely ran in the low 4.3's and everyone would be thrilled ... lol. Fact is when you watch the tape there isn't a world of difference between Henry Ruggs' speed and Reagors. Both are 5'11" and both will play in that 190 to 195 range. I think we landed a heck of a player who gives us exactly what we were lacking last season.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer Michael Pittman Jr. to Higgins and I think he might be there at our next pick. A big-bodied wideout like JuJu who could compliment Reagor.

The guy I would really like is Denzel Mims but we would need to trade up to the top of the second for him, he will go in the next 10 picks I am sure. I am worried he will be a Giant.

With Mims outside and Reagor in the slot we would indeed add a lot of speed to the offense.

I’m not ready to draft a Pac 12 receiver. They could really go anywhere in the 2nd round - could use help at WR, OL, DL, LB, and secondary. And it wouldn’t be terrible to pick up a nice RB to split time with Sanders...but I don’t think they’ll do that in the 2nd round. I think they go secondary.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to draft Jon Runyan's kid. He's a big and nasty OL. Wonder what round he goes?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to draft Jon Runyan's kid. He's a big and nasty OL. Wonder what round he goes?

He is a late round pick, and is a better athlete than big Jon but not nearly as tough and physical.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? All the WRs were gone in the next 4 picks. The Niners had to trade up to make sure they still got one. We couldn't have traded down.

You don't trade down and take what's left, you stay put and take your favorite guy. The Eagles crushed this.

You make a fair point about trading back and maybe he’s not there and neither is Ayiuk. But I still think when Lamb drops to Atlanta you make that move. I’ll say what I say though about every pick my teams make...just be right. Reagor is our guy and I’m hoping he’s Offensive ROTY. I like the player, I just think Lamb is a superstar.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand the Tee Higgins love. I admittedly didn’t watch him much but he looks slow, can’t run routes, and has shitty hands.

I felt like he was a major disappointment in Clemson’s 2 playoff games this year. Because of Clemson’s soft schedule those games were pretty damn important in my eyes in projecting how he translates to the NFL.