• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go from the Broncos being one of the least explosive teams in the league to one of the most for sure. Hard to see them making that kind of decision as I do worry about what that would mean for Sutton a bit and his future with the team. You don't usually invest that much draft capital and then also pay a guy huge money.

Personally what I would love to see is go get Ruggs in the 1st and then a guy like Jefferson in the 3rd. Gives you your new slot option who has very steady hands to be that 3rd down option in Jefferson and gives you the big play threat on the outside that opens things up for everyone else in Ruggs.

Jefferson and Bryan Edwards are really those guys that make the most sense to me if we double up on WR on day 2. Mims is going too high and you don't really trade a pick to move up for him with other needs and like you mentioned before you would have 3 WR's around the same age that if all goes well would be due for big contracts all around the same time frame. Unless you don't trust your feeling on the player and figure 1 of the 2 will pan out so we will cover our basis, but you just don't see a team doing that in the NFL because you feel you are going to hit on every pick.

I think Van Jefferson ends up going in Round 2 though so I think we may fall short of him as I don't think we take two WR's in the first two rounds, but may with one of our 3rds, especially if we keep all 3. Duvernay really intrigues me late in the 3rd.

Van Jefferson is that guy that when you break him down he does everything pretty well. He catches the ball as well as any WR in this draft... He didn't put up crazy numbers because the Florida offense isn't really a numbers system for the WR position It hasn't been since the Steve Spurrier era, but he is very smooth and dependable. He probably doesn't get the draft love he deserves around the nation because he wasn't exactly well known to the college football world, he had nice moments and clutch moments, and always dependable, but the offense often called for him to catch 2-3 passes a game, so he wasn't really the WR everyone was talking about... But the guy has nearly everything you ask for in an NFL WR, and every opportunity he had at Florida he performed well. I have this feeling he is going to go Round 2. I think he will be one of the first WR's taken after the initial run of the top 7. Then you have Aiyuk, Reagor and Jefferson, IMO. You could have as many as 7 WR's Round 1 and probably 12/13 by the end of round 2.

The one thing about everyone saying how deep the WR draft is, so wait on a WR that bothers me is..

This WR draft is so good that so many are going to fly off the board in the first two rounds.... You don't want to wait until Round 3/4 before you take a WR.. I don't think you really even wait til mid round 2. If you need a WR you take him early because they are that good and they are going to fly off the board early. If I am a team needing a WR I understand the WR class is very good this year, but I'm not waiting to take the 13th WR in round 3, because it was so loaded at the top of the draft that so many go those first two rounds.

I think too many people don't understand how quickly these WR's are going to be drafted, thinking you can wait til rd 2, rd 3...

No, if you need a WR you have to take them early because the WR class is so talented in the first 10-13 that you can't wait on them. There is a big difference between the first and second WR's this year compared to the day 3 WR's because so many are going to go the first two days.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Willie gay jr in the 3rd
One of denver 30 zoom interviews
He may go late 2nd
Feels like an Andy Reid selection in the 2nd

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we are likely not going to double dip on WR in rounds 1 and 2, but that would change the look of the Broncos Offense. I think we go WR in round 1 and then either OLine, or DB in round 2.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. 1 more sleep
  2. One!!!!!!
  3. Uno!!!!!!
  4. Won!!!!!!
  5. Juan!!!!!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take

Best Blocker- Ceedee Lamb

Who do you draft? The one that fits your need the most! :)

I like Juedy better as a blocker. And with a #2 to Sutton blocking is a huge discrimiator IMO.

Last edited:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Elway has never drafted Bama player primarily because they beat up in that program hope Denver has done enough to evaulate JJ's medicals.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Juedy better as a blocker. And with a #2 to Sutton blocking is a huge discrimiator IMO.

I will agree to disagree on this. but...

I would 100% disagree with you on Jeudy being a better blocker then Lamb... I don't see blocking as a pro or con for Jeudy. He is ok at it, he is willing, but his lack of upper body strength and wiry frame will hurt him as a blocker in the NFL. Lamb is the best blocking WR I have seen in college football this year, and he was pretty good at it as a SOPH as well. Jeudy's blocking isn't bad by any means, I just think while willing, it isn't a big strength of his, nor is he bad at it because he is very willing.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 hours 56 minutes left of work before I am home free!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report today has Jeudy sliding in draft due to undisclosed knee concern.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who to believe ...who to believe!!!

Agent says he is fine.

I hope it is just a smokescreen because I really really want one of those three wide receivers.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me if this has been discussed, but I’m wondering how many (if any) prospects have Broncos lineage beyond Jeremy Chinn (auto corrects to China).

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois (Nephew of Steve Atwater)
Nigel Warrior, S, Tennessee (Son of Dale Carter)
Jordan Glasgow, LB, Michigan (Brother of Graham Glasgow)
Luke Juriga, C, Western Michigan (Son of Jim Juriga)
Cole Habib, OT, Northern Arizona (Son of Brian Habib)
Tom Flacco, QB, Towson (Brother of Joe Flacco)
Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (Son of Montae Reagor)
Michael Pittman Jr, WR, USC (Son of Michael Pittman SR)

DC has you covered

He did miss one he said later, but I'm not remembering at the moment.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would put blocking as a negative for Jeudy. He is willing to get his body in the way but he has a terrible anchor with his body type and consistently gets thrown back. Had quite a few big run plays stopped for Alabama this past year because Jeudy couldn't hold up his end for blocking. Ruggs to me is a much better blocker. He has a mean streak to his game and isn't afraid to come flying in full speed and use every part of his body to make the block. And he is for sure not better than Lamb.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I know the only real value of a Mock Draft is to mock the mocker...
Alas here I am to be made fun of lol
My second and final Denver Broncos Seven Round Mock Draft of the Year.
Here's to hoping Elway and the Broncos nail it this week. Broncos 7-Round Mock Draft | Version 7.0

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this mock. I hope it goes that way for the Broncos.
Pretty much a dream mock. I’d be real surprised if Gladney is available at 46, but there are always surprises.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway said "We need playmakers to score points".
Fangio said "Need to score 30 to beat KC".
Yes I know the only real value of a Mock Draft is to mock the mocker...
Alas here I am to be made fun of lol
My second and final Denver Broncos Seven Round Mock Draft of the Year.
Here's to hoping Elway and the Broncos nail it this week. Broncos 7-Round Mock Draft | Version 7.0

I really like the Davion Taylor pick. First time I believe have seen him mocked to Denver.