• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest thing with Ruggs is he actually completes the offensive overhaul. He provides the one element we are missing, pure speed playmaking ability. His mere presence on the field opens everything up, from the running game to intermediate passing, to taking the top off. And more importantly he gives our young qb the proper toolbox to compete with.

We have a BINGO!!

If Ruggs is on most other D1 schools people wouldn’t be bitchin’ about his stats either.

If college stats decided draft prospects teams like Washington State and Texas Tech would be NFL factories!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a BINGO!!

If Ruggs is on most other D1 schools people wouldn’t be bitchin’ about his stats either.

If college stats decided draft prospects teams like Washington State and Texas Tech would be NFL factories!

we’re talking top 2 school in the country with a QB going top 5. Big difference between Bama and TT.

It’s pretty simple though Saban will give an honest assessment but nobody ever Ask for his opinion. Knowing elway’s feeling toward Bama players I hope they reverse course and get saban opinion especially when both Bama WRs are in play

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Every year us Bronco fans complain that this offense doesn’t have that X factor player. The guy that can score everytime he touches the ball. The Chiefs have 2-3 of these guys and every year we complain about it. We want it.. Yet here it is and now we don’t want it?

2. Stats- Watch Ruggs play football. You will feel much better about him. You really have had to have watched Alabama for the past 3 seasons to understand what Ruggs can do, IMO. Can’t just look at stats. If you base college prospects off stats the draft is gonna look way different than we see it every year especially at the WR and QB position.

3. Part of his stats are actually pretty impressive. He doesn’t drop the ball. What he does after the catch. Talking about an offense where he was surrounded with players such as Jalen Hurts (run first QB), Najee Harris, Bo Scarbrough, Josh Jacobs, Jerry Jeudy, Jaylen Waddle, Devonta Smith, Geherig Detrig, Calvin Ridley, Ar’Darius Stewart, Irv Smith Jr (who else have I forgotten here)

4. Courtland Sutton is one of the emerging star WR’s in the league, and we have a young QB and and underneath TE in Noah Fant… Who else better fits this offense then a guy like Henry Ruggs? (He isn’t just a home run hitter, but that is obviously a huge reason why he is important) Ruggs isn’t the only player in this draft that makes Sutton better but to me Lamb and Ruggs are probably the best WR’s in this years draft to get Sutton to elite level sooner rather than later.

5. We need someone who can open up the field for Lock and the underneath stuff. Other than Sutton (who has no real threat at WR next to him), nothing about this offense really STRIKES fear.

6. Keep in mind our running game. We have probably the 2nd best RB tandem in the NFL at RB… We are going to grind the ball. Look at the offense as a hole… We don’t need a guy who is gonna catch 80 passes opposite Sutton. We need a guy who is gonna be productive as a #2, who strikes fear into a defense. Who keeps a D honest vs the run and demands attention opposite Sutton. A lot of good Wr’s in this draft, but none that are going to strike the same fear Ruggs does…. I think Ruggs is the PERFECT fit for what we need right now. This isn’t a team that is planning to throw the ball 50 times a game to win… You have to look at how each player compliments the others around him. You can’t have 5 PG’s on the basketball court.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny I see mocks saying Philly needs to trade up to 15 for Ruggs. Like Denver doesn't need WRs. I will say trading up for a WR makes sense when you have an established QB and a playoff team. Denver is rising but hardly a playoff team.

I disagree that Denver is not a playoff team. The Defense should be great especially if the guys come back healthy.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that Denver is not a playoff team. The Defense should be great especially if the guys come back healthy.

I meant to say they could be a fringe playoff team

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruggs, Lamb, Jeudy, Aunt Betsy with a pretzel on a pogo stick.

I frankly don't care. What's missing is a threat on the other side of Sutton to keep defenses honest. You see what multiple threats did for KC. If that additional threat can pop the top off at any time, even better.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 more sleeps.

Aunt Betsy with a pretzel on a pogo stick is hard to move.. Good OL.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree need a #2 opposite Sutton. We will get 1 maybe 2 also need a #2 Cb and a ILBer

And I agree KC has many threats to be envious of. this should Denver’s goal for sure. They also found these playmakers outside the first round.

I’d rather see if Denver has the QBOTF first before spending a top 15 pick on a Wr who is 100 % dependent on the QB to maximize his value.

What is Lock flames out? Does a Case Keenum type utilize all the skill sets of Sutton and Ruggs?

this would be a risk adverse strategy in 2020 at 15. Plenty of impact players at 15 who will start.

if Elway wants to go all in on Lock and select a WR I would still be happy. I’m just saying I could see them going different direction if Ruggs is on the board at 15. A trade down would not suprise me.

Counterpoint to my own argument would be BUF who had to spend a 1st and $$$ cause they want to go all in on Allen after he proved himself in his 2nd year but BUF never had a Sutton to begin with.

Tbis is actually all about Lock. All in is a WR at 15 but It’s not like a WR in the 2nd will be a dud . Use a 3rd to move up get a Better slot in the 2nd.

Reactions: LGM

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KJ Hamler in the 2nd would be the added speed Denver is looking for.

our Hollywood Brown

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post, Chris. There have been some really good WRs historically selected in the 2nd. But you could make that argument for almost any position. I think there will be at least 6 and maybe 7 WRs taken this year in round 1. I’m not confident that getting the 8th or 9th best WR has great odds of being that perfect match.

if Broncos have one of the top 3 WRs on the board at 15 and pass on one of them or trade back - I’m going to go all Brock O on them like I did when we passed on Lavonte David and instead simply had BO. :llama:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post, Chris. There have been some really good WRs historically selected in the 2nd. But you could make that argument for almost any position. I think there will be at least 6 and maybe 7 WRs taken this year in round 1. I’m not confident that getting the 8th or 9th best WR has great odds of being that perfect match.

if Broncos have one of the top 3 WRs on the board at 15 and pass on one of them or trade back - I’m going to go all Brock O on them like I did when we passed on Lavonte David and instead simply had BO. :llama:

Great post.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the current stat of the Broncos I see it this way:
10 draft picks

Positional Depth:
QB: Ok - I am good with Lock as the starter, and while I think 2020 will be up and down, I think we will see him make steps to cement himself as our future QB. Backups are not overly exciting, but the starter is the most important.

RB: Great - Gordon and Lindsay are one of the best RB duo's in the NFL. Royce Freeman may be he best 3rd string RB in the NFL, and I have heard that many feel that Freeman is a much better fit for the Shurmur's offense which adds to the value at RB.

OLine - There are questions in the stating 5, and even more so in the backups. Added depth needed pretty much across the board.

TE - Very good - Fant might be the one of the next elite TEs, and there depth with experience and loads of potential. There could be some trades in training camp and/or interesting cuts.

WR - Average to below average - Sutton is a beast but we are missing a true #2 and #3. Hamilton and Patrick have potential, but up to this point they have not been good enough consistently to not look for upgrades. Winfree could be an option to be a contributor if he can ever stay healthy. I think we need 2 WRs in the first 3 rounds and then let the best WRs win.

Dline - Great - Have 4 quality players with 2 high potential guys that could be great. A guy to develop would great considering Harris may leave after this year.

LB - Good - OLB is set with 4 above average players. ILB not as good. Alexander Johnson is probably set as a started for the next few years. Davis is very much upgrade able as is Jewell. I am hoping Hollins will take a step this year. I would like to see another ILB drafted.

CB - Below average - If every one is health Bouye, Callahan, and Bausby are decent with some upside in Yaidom, and Dawson. Would adding a CB in the first 3 rounds would be ideal, and maybe even 2 overall.

S - Average - Starters are great, but not much behind experience behind them, and could use to draft one at some point.

7 picks plus one or 2 on the oline. I could see us draft an RB too, especially if we end up trading Freeman as has been mentioned previously. I hope to spend some time doing some research as to guys I would like to see drafted and where. Work is super crazy but I will try to get that done prior to the draft.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT is critical. I have zero faith in our starters and there is nothing behind them.