• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of good WR's in Round 2 if we feel the need to wait or the top 3 are gone. I'd rather one of the top 3, but plenty of good one's if we don't get that guy in Round 1. All comes down to how much Denver likes the top guys compared to the round 2 guys.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of good WR's in Round 2 if we feel the need to wait or the top 3 are gone. I'd rather one of the top 3, but plenty of good one's if we don't get that guy in Round 1. All comes down to how much Denver likes the top guys compared to the round 2 guys.

Any good ones after round 2? Just wondering if it's basically a top heavy draft and we're definitely going to take one early.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any good ones after round 2? Just wondering if it's basically a top heavy draft and we're definitely going to take one early.

Got a few favorites

Donovan Peoples-Jones--Hurt quite a bit by having a bad QB so wouldn't mind him in the 3rd one bit.

K.J. Hill--Would be a nice option in the slot. Route technician with decent hands.

Gabriel Davis--Big body option that can win vertically

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabriel Davis is a real good one to. I brought him up earlier in the year but hasn't been a lot of talk of him since... Davis is very legit and gets lost with all the other great WR's in this draft.

Peoples-Jones a highly recruited WR was a letdown to me in college, but like Carl said... Spotty QB play with the guys like Wilton Speight and Shea Patterson (who was a good at Ole Miss and a letdown at Michigan) he has great tools.

KJ Hill had a down year after previously looking like he was going to bust out. Has good tools, but when I turned on Ohio State this year he did nothing for me... It was more about Chris Olave and FR Garrett Wilson and a little bit of Benjmin Victor. Hill has good tools, just not as productive as I would like (same with People-Jones) but both do have some legit excuses. Michigan not having good QB play and Ohio State having a lot of different weapons they use on offense.

Peoples-Jones really does intrigue me though.

Michael Pittman isnt fancy but does everything right. He is boarderline Rd 2/3

Late on in the draft I like Tennessee WR Jauan Jennings.. Health a little bit of a concern. Florida speedy WR Tyrie Cleveland who I think could make a great deep threat and be a top notch gunner in the NFL.

Kentucky Lynn Bowden
South Carolina Bryan Edwards
Texas Devin Duvernay (will make a nice slot WR)
SMU James Porche (very productive)
Texas A&M Quartney Davis (Was a big dissappointment and then busted out this year, good size/speed combo)
Vandy WR Kalija Lipscomb (had a great JR year, bad QB play this year..)

Gabriel Davis and Lynn Bowden are the guys that really stick out to me after round 2.

I like Jauan Jennings a lot. But he ran a poor 40 so he is gonna slide a bit... There are a lot of good WR's deep in this draft, but really I thin it is a must for us to get one of the better ones in the first two rounds..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabriel Davis is a real good one to. I brought him up earlier in the year but hasn't been a lot of talk of him since... Davis is very legit and gets lost with all the other great WR's in this draft.

Peoples-Jones a highly recruited WR was a letdown to me in college, but like Carl said... Spotty QB play with the guys like Wilton Speight and Shea Patterson (who was a good at Ole Miss and a letdown at Michigan) he has great tools.

KJ Hill had a down year after previously looking like he was going to bust out. Has good tools, but when I turned on Ohio State this year he did nothing for me... It was more about Chris Olave and FR Garrett Wilson and a little bit of Benjmin Victor. Hill has good tools, just not as productive as I would like (same with People-Jones) but both do have some legit excuses. Michigan not having good QB play and Ohio State having a lot of different weapons they use on offense.

Peoples-Jones really does intrigue me though.

Michael Pittman isnt fancy but does everything right. He is boarderline Rd 2/3

Late on in the draft I like Tennessee WR Jauan Jennings.. Health a little bit of a concern. Florida speedy WR Tyrie Cleveland who I think could make a great deep threat and be a top notch gunner in the NFL.

Kentucky Lynn Bowden
South Carolina Bryan Edwards
Texas Devin Duvernay (will make a nice slot WR)
SMU James Porche (very productive)
Texas A&M Quartney Davis (Was a big dissappointment and then busted out this year, good size/speed combo)
Vandy WR Kalija Lipscomb (had a great JR year, bad QB play this year..)

Gabriel Davis and Lynn Bowden are the guys that really stick out to me after round 2.

I like Jauan Jennings a lot. But he ran a poor 40 so he is gonna slide a bit... There are a lot of good WR's deep in this draft, but really I thin it is a must for us to get one of the better ones in the first two rounds..

Yeah sorry should have said the tape wasn't great on a couple of the guys but the tools are the intriguing part. Have to wonder if a guy like DPJ falls because he didn't get a chance to meet with teams as much as he could have. He did have a great Combine though so I'm sure teams have worked to talk to him however they can.

Right now though I would say there are 3 good tiers of WR's for this upcoming draft. Problem is most will be gone by the end of round 2 most likely. So while this draft is deep there are a lot of teams that need WR and there is a clear drop off with each tier of what the potential could be.

Tier 1
Lamb
Jeudy
Ruggs

Tier 2
Jefferson
Reagor
Shenault
Aiyuk
Mims
Higgins

All of those guys should for sure be gone by the end of round 2 with Shenault being the only one I could see maybe falling out because of his injuries and bad combine experience.

Tier 3
Hamler
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Jefferson
Davis
Edwards
Pittman Jr.
Davis

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a few favorites

Donovan Peoples-Jones--Hurt quite a bit by having a bad QB so wouldn't mind him in the 3rd one bit.

K.J. Hill--Would be a nice option in the slot. Route technician with decent hands.

Gabriel Davis--Big body option that can win vertically

don’t we have KJ hill right now in Desean Hamilton?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don’t we have KJ hill right now in Desean Hamilton?

We do. And I hesitated to put his name on the list because of that. If we are comparing tape I would rather have Hamilton than Hill.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant Delpit S LSU is gonna be a player Ill be screaming for all year if there are any gaps in safety here. :) He looks like a potential elite S to me.

RB Jonathan Taylor, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins

OL and DL look pretty good again.

Bryce Hall of Virginia nearly declared this year he is a DB to look out for next year.

Kristian Fulton of LSU, Jaylon Johnson Utah

Clemson WR Tee Higgins

This draft has me pretty excited for next year. Not an awful draft this year by any means on paper, but next years gets my juices going a lot more.

Must be a great draft most of those guys are 2nd rounder

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me if this has been discussed, but is our Game 1 starter at center already on our roster? I believe it’s possible.

Further, with a great OL coach and an expanded practice squad ( taxi squad in Mingoese ) we should be loading up OL turds that need to be polished up. I think we are in better shape on OL than some people may believe. Our projected starting tackles are the biggest question marks. Has Munchak finally penetrated the numb skull at LT and has the China doll on the other side healed up where we can squeeze a game or two out of him?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, a lot of you guys are really making some quality posts. Thank you. I don’t follow as closely as I used to so find reading through here useful. Some of you clearly have missed your calling.

DC, go take a shower. You get a little gamey when you’re in rut! :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me if this has been discussed, but is our Game 1 starter at center already on our roster? I believe it’s possible.

Further, with a great OL coach and an expanded practice squad ( taxi squad in Mingoese ) we should be loading up OL turds that need to be polished up. I think we are in better shape on OL than some people may believe. Our projected starting tackles are the biggest question marks. Has Munchak finally penetrated the numb skull at LT and has the China doll on the other side healed up where we can squeeze a game or two out of him?

Hard to say seems we like Morris. He seems to be our Todd Davis from a fee years back before he started. Guy we haven’t really seen much of but the coaching staff raves about.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny I see mocks saying Philly needs to trade up to 15 for Ruggs. Like Denver doesn't need WRs. I will say trading up for a WR makes sense when you have an established QB and a playoff team. Denver is rising but hardly a playoff team.

I really want a starting CB/Dlineman/OT at #15 and swap with SF at 31 to get a WR.

If you select a WR at 15, Are we trying to draft a compliment to Sutton or a replacement or BPA?

how does Sutton feel? Threaten, under appreciated, thankful for the help?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton should be the biggest advocate of a WR in rd 1 as anyone. Well besides Drew Lock maybe. If Sutton knows anything about how a successful #1 WR operates he wouldn’t feel threatened or under appreciated. I’d Be extremely concerned if this bothered Sutton. We are trying to win games here.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Joe Marino of the Draft Network
"I don't understand why Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III isn't universally loved as a prospect.
There are some lazy narratives surrounding him and it's time to dispel those misconceptions"
The Draft Network

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny I see mocks saying Philly needs to trade up to 15 for Ruggs. Like Denver doesn't need WRs. I will say trading up for a WR makes sense when you have an established QB and a playoff team. Denver is rising but hardly a playoff team.

I really want a starting CB/Dlineman/OT at #15 and swap with SF at 31 to get a WR.

If you select a WR at 15, Are we trying to draft a compliment to Sutton or a replacement or BPA?

how does Sutton feel? Threaten, under appreciated, thankful for the help?

I think amplifying strengths is as important as filling in weaknesses. You see synergy when you pair good players. From adding Aqib Talib to CHJ and drafting Bradley Chubb to rush with Von Miller.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you are being paid by the NFL, aren't you just another narrative in the internet.
What makes a draft site some sort of expert. Do teams pay any of these sites beside PFF.

At least that's my free narrative.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest thing with Ruggs is he actually completes the offensive overhaul. He provides the one element we are missing, pure speed playmaking ability. His mere presence on the field opens everything up, from the running game to intermediate passing, to taking the top off. And more importantly he gives our young qb the proper toolbox to compete with.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest thing with Ruggs is he actually completes the offensive overhaul. He provides the one element we are missing, pure speed playmaking ability. His mere presence on the field opens everything up, from the running game to intermediate passing, to taking the top off. And more importantly he gives our young qb the proper toolbox to compete with.

Then it stands to reason, with that much at stake, you should throw additional draft/personnel capital to secure his services. No?

Draft picks are a valuable commodity for those rookie contracts, though!

What to do? What to do??

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry McLaurin last year is the closest I could find to Ruggs in terms of his speed and college production. Played 2nd fiddle to Paris Campbell and a loaded OSU team

35 701 20.0 11 in 2018
4.35 40 at 6'0 200

14 games in 2019 for Redskins

58 919 15.8 7 TDs.

he was a 3rd round pick but played damn well for a rookie.

Its tough because we need WRs but in this draft you would think to find a McLaurin after round 1.

Wonder where Denver had McLaurin projected?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it stands to reason, with that much at stake, you should throw additional draft/personnel capital to secure his services. No?

Draft picks are a valuable commodity for those rookie contracts, though!

What to do? What to do??
I’m ok with throwing additional capital his way. My conundrum, and I know it’s going to happen, is a guy like D Brown is going to be in the same range. I think Brown can be a franchise player, at a much more difficult position to find and gauge. Whereas wr are usually easier to find and more of a luxury pick. I would be happy with either pick, but the smart thing would be to draft Brown in that position