• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Nascar Season thread

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bit of trivia:

Elliott Sadler is the only driver to ever win at Bristol for the Wood Brothers. Martinsville was the only short track they fielded a car for during the David Pearson years.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 of many wrecks:suds:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand why Chase Elliott is so popular.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand why Chase Elliott is so popular.
The same people that hate Dale Jr for no reason and like to claim he was only there because of who his daddy is are Chase Elliott fans. This is Chase Elliott's 5th season, he has 7 wins. Dale Jr had 15 wins by the end of his 5th season, don't think Chase is winning 8 more races before the end of the season.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Chase win it. He had a good hot rod tonite.
While I was watching he had a lead of over 1.2 seconds. I figured he'd be the car to beat when I went to bed.

@Chewbaccer
1. As a huge David Pearson fan it used to drive me nuts that the Wood Brothers wouldn't come to Nashville for the 420.

2. Chase is cute? I work with 2 ladies who adore him. lol.

3. I too was skeptical of Little E at first but he did earn his bones.

Also, what was the deal with the lights under the car? Simply to denote manufacturers?
Is that just for last night or all night time races now?

:noidea:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I was watching he had a lead of over 1.2 seconds. I figured he'd be the car to beat when I went to bed.

@Chewbaccer
1. As a huge David Pearson fan it used to drive me nuts that the Wood Brothers wouldn't come to Nashville for the 420.

2. Chase is cute? I work with 2 ladies who adore him. lol.

3. I too was skeptical of Little E at first but he did earn his bones.

Also, what was the deal with the lights under the car? Simply to denote manufacturers?
Is that just for last night or all night time races now?

:noidea:
The lights were for the All a star race only

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just asking the usual suspects, who should we blame for Jimmie getting in the wall this time?

At Talladega when he blocked late, it was Harvick's fault for trying to pass him.

Last week, it was the same thing, only it was Brad Keselowski's fault, even though Brad was under Jimmie and as low as he could go.

Was another driver racing him too close this time?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just asking the usual suspects, who should we blame for Jimmie getting in the wall this time?

At Talladega when he blocked late, it was Harvick's fault for trying to pass him.

Last week, it was the same thing, only it was Brad Keselowski's fault, even though Brad was under Jimmie and as low as he could go.

Was another driver racing him too close this time?
Jimmie has been having a lot of brain farts this season.
When they took away all the grip out of race cars he started struggling. This year more than normal however.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's gonna shake things up.

William Byron is near the playoff cut line, and he was involved. They completely missed the setup for Reddick today, but after that, he might be able to salvage a top 15, plus he got good stage points in stage one due to strategy.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn Houff just doesnt belong in this series.

One of the stupidest things I have seen in a long time in this series.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst driver of my lifetime strikes again. Slowest car on the track every week, and he tries to come to pit road from the top of the track, destroys his race car, and damages Christopher Bell and Matty D's cars in the process.

The drivers in slow cars making laps usually stay out of the way and understand that their equipment won't allow them to compete with the more funded teams but Quinn Houff is always in the fucking way. Apparently he has connections that will keep him sponsored, but he shouldn't be in the truck series, much less the Cup series.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Richard Childress. 1-2 finish. They've improved big time as an organization. It was good strategy to get them 1-2, but they had to hold on for over 25 laps and through 3 restarts.

Austin is a solid driver who is a lot better than he gets credit for, and Tyler Reddick is a future star.

Locks Dillon in the playoffs, and with Johnson and Byron having bad races, Reddick is right there.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the fact that strategy call was able to work does show that the high downforce, low HP package needs to be scrapped, and tires need to have falloff.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucked power went out about lap 90. Still not back. Missed almost the whole race:gaah:

You probably caught the big wreck then, other than that, you didn't miss much until the last 30 or so laps.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Richard Childress. 1-2 finish. They've improved big time as an organization. It was good strategy to get them 1-2, but they had to hold on for over 25 laps and through 3 restarts.

Austin is a solid driver who is a lot better than he gets credit for, and Tyler Reddick is a future star.

Locks Dillon in the playoffs, and with Johnson and Byron having bad races, Reddick is right there.

Speaking of drivers who were given a ride because of who they are related to...

But you're correct, he's better than I give him credit for.

I always thought it was shitty of Childress not to let Litte E use the #3* and I thought it was even shittier that he let his no talent grandson use it. But he's not as bad as I originally thought.

* I still think it was shitty of him. Because it was a shitty move. He could have worked out a deal to let him, Little E, use the number and give it back when he retired or after a certain number of season etc etc. From what I've seen Little E never seemed to bothered by it so maybe I should let it go too... but still.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of drivers who were given a ride because of who they are related to...

But you're correct, he's better than I give him credit for.

I always thought it was shitty of Childress not to let Litte E use the #3* and I thought it was even shittier that he let his no talent grandson use it. But he's not as bad as I originally thought.

* I still think it was shitty of him. Because it was a shitty move. He could have worked out a deal to let him, Little E, use the number and give it back when he retired or after a certain number of season etc etc. From what I've seen Little E never seemed to bothered by it so maybe I should let it go too... but still.

Austin Dillon earned his ride. IHe dominated the dirt circuit, he made the truck series, won a bunch of races and a championship before moving up to the Busch Series, where he won a bunch of a races and a championship before he moved up to the Cup Series.

It's insulting to say he got a ride because of who he's related to. His grandpa being Richard might have helped get started, but behind the wheel, he's earned everything.

As for the number, I don't think Richard should have ever pulled it from competition. When Dale died, it should have been given to Harvick.