• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 mid engine Corvette Stingray

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you not see a knockoff of a Lambo? It is a twist on the Aventador, and the quintessential wedge and diamond shape of Lambos for the past 40+ years.

Cheap does not always mean inexpensive, the cheap interior plastics and crappy leather seats and the such make it cheap. Which also lends to an inexpensive price tag. And for the entry level price I will pass, instead I will continue to drive 718’s and 911’s, and have a much better ride and build quality
718 huh? Isn't it damn uncomfortable in the rain and cold?
gallery-1459263639-gallery-1450639250-gettyimages-147123302-master.jpg

Oh maybe you are talking about the IMO dumbed down little 4 banger car they are now making? Wonder how long before all these over worked little 4 bangers start puking their little guts out?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved my 2012 C6 Z06 when I had it, and then I stepped up to fine German engineering when I bought a 2018 911 last summer.

I actually like the C4 as it was a huge improvement on the C3. Overall I think the C3 was the ugly, they took was is arguably the most beautiful Vette ever in the C2 and destroyed it, ever since then they have tweaked it and improved until the C8.

The C3 is what got me started into liking rhem....76 was always my fave growing up as a kid........Until very late 80s and 90s wditions came out.....Now to me those were butt ass ugly........

Z06 heh.....Theres another fine piece of machinery thats out of my league......Way too expensive for me........
As for a 911......Dont know what they are.....Go na have to foogle.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot more cars than lambos with wedge shapes. This isn't remotely a lambo knock off.

We don't know how nice the interior will be yet. That said, youre certainly welcome to drive 718s and 911s all you want. They're awesome cars. But let's not act like a Corvette doesn't get you just as much if not more performance (and reliability) for less $$ - that sure as hell isn't a bad thing.

If what you want is pure performance than it is not a bad choice, I loved my Z06 and at times I wish I still had it. But a Vette will NEVER compete with a Porsche for interior quality for virtually the same money.

And you are correct, the wedge shape is not owned by Lambo, And it is that general shape that I do not like.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
718 huh? Isn't it damn uncomfortable in the rain and cold?
gallery-1459263639-gallery-1450639250-gettyimages-147123302-master.jpg

Oh maybe you are talking about the IMO dumbed down little 4 banger car they are now making? Wonder how long before all these over worked little 4 bangers start puking their little guts out?

I meant the 6 cylinder not the 4 banger. I mentioned that car based on the entry level price of the Vette, once you start to add options to the Vette you are in the lower level range of the 911. And the older 6 cylinder 718 is not a completely bad car for an entry level Porsche, and it is only a matter of time before they get their heads out of their ass and put the 6 back in.

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant the 6 cylinder not the 4 banger. I mentioned that car based on the entry level price of the Vette, once you start to add options to the Vette you are in the lower level range of the 911. And the older 6 cylinder 718 is not a completely bad car for an entry level Porsche, and it is only a matter of time before they get their heads out of their ass and put the 6 back in.
Every 718 ever made is a 4 banger. That is why they labeled the new ones 718. I have a S with the boxer 6 and it is just more drivable as in it just feels better. I had a MX5 Speed which turned a Miata into a whole 'nuther ride but a 6 to me is preferable overall.

They are wringing a bunch of power from the baby 4s out there today. I mean an Audi Q7 SUV's base motor is a 2.0 liter. My gawd my little MX5 had a 1.8 liter.

I enjoy driving a Vette and I enjoy a Porsche. To say one is a better car is kinda mute to me as they both do a lot of things well just different. Around town in a DD type of situation I had more fun in the Speed than either. Outside a DD situation or a track day the other two gets the nod, but dang it was fun flinging that little critter around.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every 718 ever made is a 4 banger. That is why they labeled the new ones 718. I have a S with the boxer 6 and it is just more drivable as in it just feels better. I had a MX5 Speed which turned a Miata into a whole 'nuther ride but a 6 to me is preferable overall.

They are wringing a bunch of power from the baby 4s out there today. I mean an Audi Q7 SUV's base motor is a 2.0 liter. My gawd my little MX5 had a 1.8 liter.

I enjoy driving a Vette and I enjoy a Porsche. To say one is a better car is kinda mute to me as they both do a lot of things well just different. Around town in a DD type of situation I had more fun in the Speed than either. Outside a DD situation or a track day the other two gets the nod, but dang it was fun flinging that little critter around.

Wow, I stand corrected, I thought it first came out with the 6 cylinder. And I agree, both do their own thing wonderfully, and since I am not a race car driver I will never get full use of either car. I love both the Z06, and 911, both are fantastic cars, but I think the interior of my 911 is better than the Z06, but at the price point it should be.

I just do not like the look of wedge cars. I like my cars like I like my women, with curves. A perfect example is the final years of the Firebird, the body curves where better than the same generation of Camaro’s.

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I stand corrected, I thought it first came out with the 6 cylinder. And I agree, both do their own thing wonderfully, and since I am not a race car driver I will never get full use of either car. I love both the Z06, and 911, both are fantastic cars, but I think the interior of my 911 is better than the Z06, but at the price point it should be.

I just do not like the look of wedge cars. I like my cars like I like my women, with curves. A perfect example is the final years of the Firebird, the body curves where better than the same generation of Camaro’s.
True Porsche does a better interior that holds up better. You can always tell when you get in one as they all smell alike.

I always like the Firebirds also. Pontiac always made them with more oomph than the Camaros.

Most of the exotics are wedge type as they are wanting to get the engine behind the driver mainly for handling reasons. It is hard for FWD to get the balance. It has gotten to the point about the only way to tell a car apart, expecially SUVs and coupes, is to look at the badge. When I was a kid spent time with my Grand Parents and we had a game at night where we would sit at night on the front porch of their country farm house and try to guess what kind of car was coming by the headlights. Those days are gone forever.

Changing my avatar to a cool old car I drove in the One Lap.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No word yet on 1/4 mile times and top speed for this car. =/

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how we as a nation came to the point that the only thing we do well is be cheap.

It's not the fastest, best quality, most reliable, or best engineered. It's not the best looking, the best sounding, the best ride or the nicest interior. It's not the loudest, or quietest, not the most advanced, the best on a track or the quickest to 60 or whatever. It doesn't corner the best or stop the best or get the best gas mileage.

But fuck if it ain't cheap!

giphystroke.gif

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2020 C8 Corvette PRICING has OFFICIALLY LEAKED from GM. Check it all out FIRST right here.