• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well hopefully it's all full steam ahead into the next season. Nothing less than a cup will be accepted! Play on my brave men and as always,

GO FLYERS!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really worried about the Islanders next season. They have to pay Barzal and Pulock huge dollars even after they lose Martin, Brassard, Greene, Kuhnhackl and Greiss. Well, there's only 8M in cap space for them to do that. They have cap issues, for sure, and will be looking to trade away a couple veterans.

We're going to grow a lot more than them too due to our youth at every position and we're not losing anyone that we don't already have a younger, more talented replacement for.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok - after I realized my expectations were way too high, I am excited about this team. Huge strides in just one year with a lot of youth learning big lessons.

hit the gym in the off-season and get some meat on out d-men bones. Shed Braun, Thompson, Grant. If we could dump just one big salary (cough cough JvR) that would be good.

agree with all on this board - thierien has got to go. That PP was worse than pathetic. And kept trying the same thing over and over Hoping for a different result. Insanity.

let’s go flyers

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok - after I realized my expectations were way too high, I am excited about this team. Huge strides in just one year with a lot of youth learning big lessons.

hit the gym in the off-season and get some meat on out d-men bones. Shed Braun, Thompson, Grant. If we could dump just one big salary (cough cough JvR) that would be good.

agree with all on this board - thierien has got to go. That PP was worse than pathetic. And kept trying the same thing over and over Hoping for a different result. Insanity.

let’s go flyers
Hopefully the Kracken will love them some JVR.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Kracken will love them some JVR.

What do you think about Shattenkirk as your Vet D-Man to replace Braun. Every time I watch this guy whether it was with the Blues, Lightening or Team USA he always finds a way to flash for me. Not sure he fits your desire for a banger but he’s strong positionally and can move the puck. If Haggs is the 5th or 6th D-man, I think Shattenkirk’s skill set meshes with him in a pairing. Not sure if Shatty has ever crossed paths with AV. Both guys were with the Rangers. He’s also likely cheap. He’s a 1.3ish guy in TB and now he’s 31. Maybe a 2 year deal for 2.5-3 million total over the length of the deal. Thoughts?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about Shattenkirk as your Vet D-Man to replace Braun. Every time I watch this guy whether it was with the Blues, Lightening or Team USA he always finds a way to flash for me. Not sure he fits your desire for a banger but he’s strong positionally and can move the puck. If Haggs is the 5th or 6th D-man, I think Shattenkirk’s skill set meshes with him in a pairing. Not sure if Shatty has ever crossed paths with AV. Both guys were with the Rangers. He’s also likely cheap. He’s a 1.3ish guy in TB and now he’s 31. Maybe a 2 year deal for 2.5-3 million total over the length of the deal. Thoughts?
I watched him when he was here with the Av's, unfortunately he was traded before I really got to see his total game. If he could be got for a decent price I'd be down for him to be here. I still think we could do that and wrap Ghost and something for a bigger caliber player. I would def be cool doing both. Then again Ghost is just like our other Dmen, if he bulked up some and learned to play a more rounded game then you'd def have to weigh that option too for he can bring a lot offensively. But yeah I'd be down with adding Shattenkirk.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched him when he was here with the Av's, unfortunately he was traded before I really got to see his total game. If he could be got for a decent price I'd be down for him to be here. I still think we could do that and wrap Ghost and something for a bigger caliber player. I would def be cool doing both. Then again Ghost is just like our other Dmen, if he bulked up some and learned to play a more rounded game then you'd def have to weigh that option too for he can bring a lot offensively. But yeah I'd be down with adding Shattenkirk.

I’m also piggy backing off of something someone brought up earlier that made a lot of sense to me with Ghost and that is to dangle him in front of the Kragen to sweeten up them taking one of Gee Jake or JVR off our books and cap. Looking at the FA D men that are out there, I don’t think they provide the same value as Shattenkirk unless they get involved with Pieterangelo to the tune of 8 mil plus. I worry about giving that kind of money to a guy who isn’t there yet but will likely end the contract on the back end of his skills dropping and being stuck with him. I’d rather shed Ghost and one of those three. Sign Shattenkirk on the cheap and then go all in on bringing Taylor Hall to Philly to play next to Hayes and TK.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m also piggy backing off of something someone brought up earlier that made a lot of sense to me with Ghost and that is to dangle him in front of the Kragen to sweeten up them taking one of Gee Jake or JVR off our books and cap. Looking at the FA D men that are out there, I don’t think they provide the same value as Shattenkirk unless they get involved with Pieterangelo to the tune of 8 mil plus. I worry about giving that kind of money to a guy who isn’t there yet but will likely end the contract on the back end of his skills dropping and being stuck with him. I’d rather shed Ghost and one of those three. Sign Shattenkirk on the cheap and then go all in on bringing Taylor Hall to Philly to play next to Hayes and TK.
I'm not to sure we could dangle Gee or Jake in an expansion draft. I think their contracts have a clause, I could be wrong. I really haven't spent much time looking at who could be available or who could be sweetened into a good deal. I'd be more for getting rid of Jake versus Gee. I think we improve on D, bulk up, and role the dice with Gee because it could payoff big time. I was hoping to get 2 more solid years out of him. Maybe he drops the C and flourishes. So many ifs..

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. Only in the fucked up world of 2020 could a kid who beat cancer and returned for a couple playoff games just 2 months later lose the Masterton Trophy to a guy who overcame being a drunk and returned to score a hat trick for a shitty team.

Am I wrong!?

Last edited:

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. Only in the fucked up world of 2020 could a kid who beat cancer and returned for a couple playoff games just 2 months later lose the Masterton Trophy to a guy who overcame being a drunk and returned to score a hat trick for a shitty team.

Am I wrong!?
Voting took place months ago. Oskar will be nominated next year and most likely win it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will we have new leadership on the team next season?

With only Couts and Lindblom on the podium talking to the press after a game 7 loss might be telling.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to me we've got the following 'locks' for next year in some order.

Giroux (8.275) - Couturier (4.33) - Voracek (8.25)
Lindblom (3) - Hayes (7.14) - Konecny (5.5)
Farabee (.925) - Patrick (RFA) - Aube Kubel (RFA)
Raffl (1.6) - Laughton (2.3) - ????

Provorov (6.75) - Niskanen (5.75)
Sanheim (3.25) - Myers (RFA)
Hagg (RFA) - ????

Hart (.730)
????

For a total of 57.8M of the 81.5M cap.

Other roster considerations:
Gostisbehere (4.5)
van Riemsdyk (7)
Elliot (UFA, 2)
Frost (.894)
Twarynski (.775)
Bunnaman (.736)
Lacyznski (.925)
Zamula (.763)
Friedman (.749)

If you plug Ghost, JvR, and Elliot into the ????'s that total is 71.3M. Which would leave 10.2M to sign Patrick, NAK, Myers, and fill out your scratches. I think Myers will be a little below Sanheim's deal. Similar player IMO, but Sanheim had a better year leading up to his deal. So maybe 3M for Myers. Hagg, maybe 1.75-2M range, modest increase on his 1.125M this year. NAK, conservatively 2M. Worst case those 3 signings take us up to 78.3M, leaving 3.2M for Patrick. He's a wildcard, but I would expect a short bridge deal for him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shattenkirk makes $1.75 for TB this year and had 34 points as well as being +22. Im pretty sure he will be signing for more than 2 - 2.5 million if he leaves TB.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hagg (RFA) - ????

Hart (.730)
????

Gostisbehere (4.5)
van Riemsdyk (7)
Elliot (UFA, 2)
Frost (.894)
Twarynski (.775)
Bunnaman (.736)
Lacyznski (.925)
Zamula (.763)
Friedman (.749)

If you plug Ghost, JvR, and Elliot into the ????'s that total is 71.3M. Which would leave 10.2M to sign Patrick, NAK, Myers, and fill out your scratches. I think Myers will be a little below Sanheim's deal. Similar player IMO, but Sanheim had a better year leading up to his deal. So maybe 3M for Myers. Hagg, maybe 1.75-2M range, modest increase on his 1.125M this year. NAK, conservatively 2M. Worst case those 3 signings take us up to 78.3M, leaving 3.2M for Patrick. He's a wildcard, but I would expect a short bridge deal for him.
Wow it would be crazy if frost is left off the big league squad again.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hagg (RFA) - ????

Hart (.730)
????

Gostisbehere (4.5)
van Riemsdyk (7)
Elliot (UFA, 2)
Frost (.894)
Twarynski (.775)
Bunnaman (.736)
Lacyznski (.925)
Zamula (.763)
Friedman (.749)

So what do you think the over all consensus on Ghost should be? Does someone have to point out the obvious to these kids or do they hit the gym early. As fans we saw it plain as day, I have to believe they did too. Ghost has the same issue, he's under sized. If he bulked up to, would he be worth keeping for his offensive skills alone? Tough call there. Which leads me to Jake, can we see about getting rid of him to? Patrick or Konecny or Lindblom IMO would look better on that top line. Also I think you could actually drop NAK down on that 4th line and I would imagine they could become a match up nightmare for a lot of teams. I still think we need another solid vet dman going in just for good measure.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was it so easy for TB to score off the Islanders and we had such a hard time?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was it so easy for TB to score off the Islanders and we had such a hard time?
Because the Isles couldn't dominate them in a physical style. Plus I assume the Lightning were a little fresher.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving JVR and Ghost opens $11,500,000. Would Seattle dare do something so insane? That would allow an offer to Mike Hoffman who is an UFA and helps the wing and PP.