• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought they looked great, if you just closed your eyes when they were playing defense. They look completely lost there, particularly on the PK.

Could've scored 6+ last night. Shesterkin was great, even allowing 4 goals.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought they looked great, if you just closed your eyes when they were playing defense. They look completely lost there, particularly on the PK.

Agree. He made me nervous because he was stopping most everything at him,and they were quality shots.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why cant we play that style all the time? I see flashes of this style every now and then and then the boring defensive style of play comes back.This way win or lose wer are exciting.

Looked great? I dont know if id go that far as the Rangers couldve scored 6+ as well . Elliot was great as well. We scraped by with two points against a scrub team.

Its always fun beating the Rags though

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you do this deal? Flyers acquire RH dman Dougie Hamilton from Carolina and the Flyers deal Morgan Frost, Ghost, and a 1st round pick. I'm not even sure if the Canes would shop him and I'm not even sure this would be enough?
I would offer this Plus for Eckhoilm. He should be our focus.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would consider that, especially if the Flyers thought they could sign him to a reasonable extension. I don't think Carolina will move him though. They should be going for it this year too.
Go for it with Eckholm. He is the perfect fit for everything we need. His contract is a reasonable 3.7 million for two more years after this one which makes him even more desriable.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go for it with Eckholm. He is the perfect fit for everything we need. His contract is a reasonable 3.7 million for two more years after this one which makes him even more desriable.

I agree. Ekholm should be their #1 target right now. Aside from being LH, he's everything the Flyers need.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why cant we play that style all the time? I see flashes of this style every now and then and then the boring defensive style of play comes back.This way win or lose wer are exciting.

Looked great? I dont know if id go that far as the Rangers couldve scored 6+ as well . Elliot was great as well. We scraped by with two points against a scrub team.

Its always fun beating the Rags though

Missed the part where I said you had to close your eyes when they were on defense :)

To me, particularly in the first period, it looked like someone told them to play differently. The defense was incredibly active in the offensive zone and that hasn't been there much this season. And it wasn't just one guy deciding to activate more. Ghost did. Provorov did. Gus did. Even Hagg was near the dots while the Flyers were cycling at one point. Myers/Sanheim activated a little more as the game went on too.

Even if it opens them up a little bit defensively, I agree, they should play like that more often. If there's one thing the Flyers d can do, it's skate. To take advantage of that, they should be active in the offensive zone. Most of them can skate well enough to get back on d even when they're caught. If they play like that, they will outscore teams 5 on 5 more often then not. Just need to figure out the PK from there.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what happened to Myers this year its a really bad turn for the worse.
All too often the replay camera looks like (from back of net out)
- Puck in net
- Back of scoring opponent
- Back of Myers
Not sure why this is the case.

Thought Giroux played terrific. He was a difference maker all night. Ghost had a really good game. Elliot did give up some rebounds, but also made some great saves. Hopefully the Sabres continue their sucky ways and we pick up 4 points on them this weekend.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we could've scored 8 or even 10 with any luck at all and perhaps some better decision making. When you have a fucking breakaway or a wide open opportunity from the slot, you at least try to put the damn puck on net. Given our amount of power plays, the two-man advantage, breakaways and odd-man rushes, it's nothing short of a miracle that this ended up being a one goal game. I thought the Rangers were playing some of the worst team defense we've witnessed all season long in this one and probably because they are suddenly without so many players.

That said, can we put a fucking man on Kreider!?!? It seems like he was standing all alone in front of the net on all three goals against....Like wtf!? Lol Look at the reaction of Sean Couturier on some of those goals against. He's probably wondering what his fucking defensemen are doing.

At the end of the day, I think Brian Elliott may have prevented this from going to OT and turning what should've been a positive into a true negative.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, Giroux looked about three years younger in this contest. Perhaps we should give him a rest more often. That iron man streak is looking less and less meaningful...Lol

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would offer this Plus for Eckhoilm. He should be our focus.
Again, we need a package that doesn't involve Ghost. I would rather play Ghost right now then almost our whole defensive squad. If you keep Ghost and get Ekholm, then you can sit guys like Hagg and Gus.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Ekholm should be their #1 target right now. Aside from being LH, he's everything the Flyers need.

Take away:

Trade 1: Erik Gustafsson, Morgan Frost, a 2022 first-round pick and 2021 conditional second-rounder for Ekholm (the condition being related to playoff wins and having the option to turn into a first-rounder).
Trade 2: Scott Laughton, Nolan Patrick and a 2021 second-round pick, with Nashville retaining a bit of Ekholm’s salary.
Trade 3: Shayne Gostisbehere, a 2022 first and 2021 conditional second for Ekholm.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take away:

Trade 1: Erik Gustafsson, Morgan Frost, a 2022 first-round pick and 2021 conditional second-rounder for Ekholm (the condition being related to playoff wins and having the option to turn into a first-rounder).
Trade 2: Scott Laughton, Nolan Patrick and a 2021 second-round pick, with Nashville retaining a bit of Ekholm’s salary.
Trade 3: Shayne Gostisbehere, a 2022 first and 2021 conditional second for Ekholm.
Option 1 except id like to add Andrae instead of the 2021 second rounder as he is a second rounder that should suffice

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, we need a package that doesn't involve Ghost. I would rather play Ghost right now then almost our whole defensive squad. If you keep Ghost and get Ekholm, then you can sit guys like Hagg and Gus.
Eckholm would be way more important in shoring up our defense than what Ghost has contributed. Before last night Ghost had only 1 point. Also dont forget how he is terrible in our own end in the playoffs.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take away:

I think that guy is nuts haha. Those trade values from the Flyers are so different.

Gus, Frost, 1st, 2nd
No way I'd have a chance at the 2nd rounder becoming a 1st. Gus, Frost, and two 1sts for a guy that has more cost coming with the expansion draft (or claimed himself) is too much. If it's a 2nd with no conditions, I would consider it.

Laughton, Patrick, 2nd
I don't think you want to trade two top 9 forwards when you're going for it. Who plays 3C if you do this? Giroux? Bunnaman? No thanks. Especially when Patrick is one of your highest ceiling players on a team that doesn't have a lot of really high end talent. I am actually angry this guy even threw this one out there haha

Ghost, 1st, 2nd
This one is way less value than the other 2. If they'd take this I'd be all over it.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Patrick playing the wing. Just sayin

I did too. Thought he had a strong game. The lines will be kinda funny, but I'd try to keep the JvR-Couturier-Farabee and Giroux-Hayes-Patrick lines together. They both looked real good, even if it was just the depleted Rangers. If you do that, I guess your 3rd line is Konecny-Laughton-Voracek when they come back, which is odd, but could work.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did too. Thought he had a strong game. The lines will be kinda funny, but I'd try to keep the JvR-Couturier-Farabee and Giroux-Hayes-Patrick lines together. They both looked real good, even if it was just the depleted Rangers. If you do that, I guess your 3rd line is Konecny-Laughton-Voracek when they come back, which is odd, but could work.
I could deal with those lines if the topo two play with the pace they did last night.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that guy is nuts haha. Those trade values from the Flyers are so different.

Gus, Frost, 1st, 2nd
No way I'd have a chance at the 2nd rounder becoming a 1st. Gus, Frost, and two 1sts for a guy that has more cost coming with the expansion draft (or claimed himself) is too much. If it's a 2nd with no conditions, I would consider it.

Laughton, Patrick, 2nd
I don't think you want to trade two top 9 forwards when you're going for it. Who plays 3C if you do this? Giroux? Bunnaman? No thanks. Especially when Patrick is one of your highest ceiling players on a team that doesn't have a lot of really high end talent. I am actually angry this guy even threw this one out there haha

Ghost, 1st, 2nd
This one is way less value than the other 2. If they'd take this I'd be all over it.
If we have to overpay for him so be it. If we are going to go for it lets do it.

Gus, Frost, 2022 1st and Andrae make it happen.

Eckholm only gets $3.75 for the next btwo season after this one.