• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 NHL Season Thread

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured I'd start a group thread here, whatever you guys find, discussions on trades/signings/Johnson and Kane, Financial Advisors LLP advice, whatever, feel free to post it here.

Looks like Lewis found a home, signs with the Jets for 1 year/$750,000.

Watching the Penguins Flyers n NBCSN, nice to see hockey again.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured I'd start a group thread here, whatever you guys find, discussions on trades/signings/Johnson and Kane, Financial Advisors LLP advice, whatever, feel free to post it here.

Looks like Lewis found a home, signs with the Jets for 1 year/$750,000.

Watching the Penguins Flyers n NBCSN, nice to see hockey again.
Man, I have missed hockey. I am tired of watching classic games etc. but still get choked up watching the two Kings cups. Wife walks in the room and says "again"? HAHA

I am happy for Lewis. I was just looking him up the other day to see where he went. Hope he does well with the Peg.

Didnt realize the Pen/Flyers started so early but got to watch some of that game. I am looking forward to tomorrow!!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im in the minority that hasnt watched any sports since covid shut everything down. The new covid cup is dumb imo and tho i do like playing division teams more which will build better rivalries i dont like sorta playing.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im in the minority that hasnt watched any sports since covid shut everything down. The new covid cup is dumb imo and tho i do like playing division teams more which will build better rivalries i dont like sorta playing.
I actually tried not watching sports for a while but I really needed something. I dont really watch any tv shows so sports and the food network is about all i watch.

I think I am on the other end with the rival games. I think it was the last lockout season I got so sick of watching the Kings play everyone 10 times or something like that. I like to see them play all of the teams in the NHL but with this anomaly of a season , I will take what I can get.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I should've explained, I like playing rivalry teams a bit more but not Really an excessive amount....

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did a few seasons with heavy division games. People missed seeing the East teams

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings impressively shitty; blowing two goals leads in the third two nights in a row to the same team and losing in overtime. I look forward to this team finding a new bar of shitty in 2021.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s early in the season
There’s a long way to go
The season isn’t won in January
It ain’t over yet
Lots of games to play
Plenty of time to turn this around

Top 5 draft picks are fun too

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings impressively shitty; blowing two goals leads in the third two nights in a row to the same team and losing in overtime. I look forward to this team finding a new bar of shitty in 2021.
I get the frustration. Most importantly the inability over the years to be able to clear the puck out of the zone when really needed.
I see it as a good news bad news. The good... in both games they were up 3-1. I think in years past they would not really have been all that competitive. Also, Quick has looked pretty good so far as well as Carter.
The bad....STOP ALL OF THE PENALTIES. Not being able to close out the games.
I am sure there is more of both good n bad, but i will stop here.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings with points in their last 9 games

maybe they can lose every game in OT.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still trying to find a BBOY but Wagner is looking to be a solid pick. Euthanasia delivering so far.

And I may get roasted for this one, but Kale Clague and Jaret "My Nameplate Goes From Elbow to Elbow" Anderson-Dolan are next in line. Granted, they fall into the whole <2-3 years development stage but I'm sick of hearing about them and how great they are doing in the minors, but then they come up to the big leagues and look like deer in headlights.

Clague made the opening night roster in 2019-20 (seems like October 2019 was forever ago), played 4 games and looked like ass in his own end. Sent down before game 5, also played 5 games in 2018-19 and looked like complete ass in his own end - so I guess 2019-20 was a slight improvement. It's been a few years (Clague 2016/2nd, JAD 2017/2nd) these guys sholuld be pressing for full time positions IMO considering the state of the franchise and opportunities for younger players.

Lisa Dillman at The Athletic has stiff nipples for JAD, keeps citing his work ethic, his motor, etc. but these two have been hyped up a lot by many and early on they don't look good at the NHL level. Some kids just give me a vibe that they don't pan out (Brickley a recent example) and I wouldn't be surprised to see either or both of these guys not stick in the NHL or be fringe career players.

Prove me wrong.

=)~~

Tonight's prediction against the Lanche: L 4-2. Keep track of your own predictions and let's see who got how many right at the end of the season for fun.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the frustration. Most importantly the inability over the years to be able to clear the puck out of the zone when really needed.
I see it as a good news bad news. The good... in both games they were up 3-1. I think in years past they would not really have been all that competitive. Also, Quick has looked pretty good so far as well as Carter.
The bad....STOP ALL OF THE PENALTIES. Not being able to close out the games.
I am sure there is more of both good n bad, but i will stop here.

Penalties absolutely must stop. Even if they kill it, they are expending a ton of energy out there on the PK not to mention spending a lot of time killing and defending.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even tho i dont watch i will toss out L4-3ot

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still trying to find a BBOY but Wagner is looking to be a solid pick. Euthanasia delivering so far.

And I may get roasted for this one, but Kale Clague and Jaret "My Nameplate Goes From Elbow to Elbow" Anderson-Dolan are next in line.

Tonight's prediction against the Lanche: L 4-2. Keep track of your own predictions and let's see who got how many right at the end of the season for fun.

Elbow to elbow, awesome. I call him Just Another Dash.....i thought about him but couldnt resist Cantplay who looks like he got on board last night.

Euthanasia 3g in 3games is quite a start for anyone in a king jersey

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L 4-2 tonight

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 win so far
4 points
Don’t know if I’m happy or sad about it.
Going to be an up and down season

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 win so far
4 points
Don’t know if I’m happy or sad about it.
Going to be an up and down season

Season has been all over the map so far and it's only been 2 weeks. Looked pretty good against the Blues last night but like crap the night before even though there were no changes to the lineup except Quick. Moving Kempe to the top line has been an excellent move, about 5 years too late getting Brown off that line.

Avalanche do not look good, but I don't expect them to stay this way.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have 20 goals
Kopitar has 10 points
That means he has had a hand in half their goals

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have 20 goals
Kopitar has 10 points
That means he has had a hand in half their goals

Old man (33) is tied for 1st in NHL scoring with Horvat (25), McJesus (24) and Marner (23) with 10 points. Granted he only has 1 goal that actually riccocheted off his shin pad, but he looks a lot better this season for sure.

He's never been a shoot first guy - which I don't know why he doesn't more, he has a very good shot - but I expect the goals to come by the end of the season. I don't expect him to keep this pace up but my guesstimate will be around 55 points with 15-17 or so goals.

Kings Wild tonight - 3-2 LA win. Payback.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another 4-2 w.....cantplay gets another g