• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-2021-2022-2023-2024 NFL thread

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
forgot about him. wonder if he's in game-shape

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot about him. wonder if he's in game-shape

Hes been waiting around/training with the seahawks since preseason. Theres a guy on seahawks twitter who has been tweeting weekly “why hasnt Josh Gordon been reinstated yet”

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was evan hill and he has been testy about the whole sitch lately lol

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offering my :2cents: to Evan Hill, I say fuck Josh Gordon, fuck Antonio Brown, and fuck both the Seahawks and Buccaneers for signing them. And while we're at it, fuck the Pats for having signed both of them at different points (and well, just in general).

And Evan needs to get his shit together and remember that Gordon was suspended not specifically for weed this time, but was suspended for violating both the PED and substance abuse policies, so he's also a cheater. He's also been suspended in the past for other drug use, not just weed.

And let's not forget his DWI arrest, which, if memory serves, directly contributed to one of his suspensions since he wasn't allowed to drink alcohol as part of his conditional reinstatement after that arrest.

All of that said, Josh Gordon is a man with a lot of issues. If he were anything other than an elite athlete we'd all be calling him a junky and ignoring him at a stoplight. I truly want the guy to get better. But I don't think he deserves any more chances to do that in the NFL.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offering my :2cents: to Evan Hill, I say fuck Josh Gordon, fuck Antonio Brown, and fuck both the Seahawks and Buccaneers for signing them. And while we're at it, fuck the Pats for having signed both of them at different points (and well, just in general).

And Evan needs to get his shit together and remember that Gordon was suspended not specifically for weed this time, but was suspended for violating both the PED and substance abuse policies, so he's also a cheater. He's also been suspended in the past for other drug use, not just weed.

And let's not forget his DWI arrest, which, if memory serves, directly contributed to one of his suspensions since he wasn't allowed to drink alcohol as part of his conditional reinstatement after that arrest.

All of that said, Josh Gordon is a man with a lot of issues. If he were anything other than an elite athlete we'd all be calling him a junky and ignoring him at a stoplight. I truly want the guy to get better. But I don't think he deserves any more chances to do that in the NFL.
lol at “i truly want this guy to get better” ... sure sounds like it lmao

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at “i truly want this guy to get better” ... sure sounds like it lmao
Haha, I meant that I want him to conquer his demons and get treatment for what appear to be various mental health issues and live a healthy post-NFL life. I hope he lives to be 100 and stays clean and sober for the rest of his days.

But in my view he's had enough chances to do that in the NFL. I don't even know what the adage would be for "fool me six times, shame on..."

EDIT: I was taking particular issue with the view that all Gordon has ever done wrong is smoke some weed when that is, in Gordon's own words and based on the record, not the case.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, I meant that I want him to conquer his demons and get treatment for what appear to be various mental health issues and live a healthy post-NFL life. I hope he lives to be 100 and stays clean and sober for the rest of his days.

But in my view he's had enough chances to do that in the NFL. I don't even know what the adage would be for "fool me six times, shame on..."

EDIT: I was taking particular issue with the view that all Gordon has ever done wrong is smoke some weed when that is, in Gordon's own words and based on the record, not the case.
At some point people have to concede that maybe professional football is more at the core of his problems than the other stuff and it's in his own interest to stop trying to make him something he isn't. See: Williams, Ricky.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point people have to concede that maybe professional football is more at the core of his problems than the other stuff and it's in his own interest to stop trying to make him something he isn't. See: Williams, Ricky.
The NFL should also realize that just because someone is good at playing football does not mean they are comfortable being in the spotlight off the field. I get it, players are paid well and owners and the league would like a smiling personable person to put in the spotlight but for some players that is much much worse than any of the football stuff. And often these players get labeled as having a bad attitude which can compound any issues.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL should also realize that just because someone is good at playing football does not mean they are comfortable being in the spotlight off the field. I get it, players are paid well and owners and the league would like a smiling personable person to put in the spotlight but for some players that is much much worse than any of the football stuff. And often these players get labeled as having a bad attitude which can compound any issues.

I'm just posting so I don't get fined.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just posting so I don't get fined.
If you would have held out for the lifetime membership, instead of the t-shirt (with a logo that probably faded away years ago), you wouldnt have to worry about fines.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You called him a cheater and youre hinting he has character flaws. I dont think addiction and mental health issues are character flaws :noidea:

Im not going to be the judge of how many chances is the maximum amount. Maybe the max out is when he decides he needs to walk away. He wants to play football and he still has the skills. Hes alledgedly been clean for a year. That may be the longest time for him. He has a friend in his qb who seems to have made it an almost religious mission in life to help him stay clean.

fuck em all i guess lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you would have held out for the lifetime membership, instead of the t-shirt (with a logo that probably faded away years ago), you wouldnt have to worry about fines.
Dash ... you still wearing a xxxl tshirt?

/related:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhoo ... best of luck to josh gordon on and off the field

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called him a cheater and youre hinting he has character flaws. I dont think addiction and mental health issues are character flaws :noidea:

Im not going to be the judge of how many chances is the maximum amount. Maybe the max out is when he decides he needs to walk away. He wants to play football and he still has the skills. Hes alledgedly been clean for a year. That may be the longest time for him. He has a friend in his qb who seems to have made it an almost religious mission in life to help him stay clean.

fuck em all i guess lol
I called him a cheater because one of the reasons for his most recent suspension was PEDs. That's the only reason I said that.

I don't consider addiction and mental health issues character flaws. I consider them serious issues that need to be addressed. But as BBB says above, playing football seems to be part of his problem. He's stated in interviews that he's used drugs and alcohol as a crutch to overcome the anxiety of playing (and other anxieties) since he was in HS.

If he truly is clean this time, that's great. Honestly, I don't want him to relapse and I'm not gonna be out here saying "I told you so" if he fails another test.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks first case of covid. Now all teams in the league have had one

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva drive by the browns .. aided by a roughing the passer call ... that passer being jarvis landry :scratch:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one for the Peoples-Jones. And Mayfield running down the field like a drum major lol