• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Travel Plans

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got the Chase Sapphire Preferred card for the travel points. I don't plan on keeping it after the annual fee kicks in, but for now I am using it as my primary card.

high roller over here with the Reserve card

yeah that yearly fee kills me but the way I look at it is all those free flights to those places I just mentioned that 400 pays for itself

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Preferred card that I use for travel related expenses and "dining out" (basically any food and beer purchases). I have an Amex card for cash back on gas and groceries. I have a Hilton Amex for Hilton hotel stays (I try to stay in Hamptons when I travel for work). I wish I could use a personal card to book flights when I traveled for work, but I can't.

MarineG8R

Anti-Dentite
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody use credit cards where the primary reward is travel points? I have gone on many trips for free because I built up so much points by using my credit card to pay for everything. I have been to Washington DC, Italy, Netherlands, Malaysia, China, rented cars, etc. The card I use is the chase sapphire reserve

Yep. Chase Sapphire for my business. It's a great. Also have the Capital One Spark for cashback.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No definite plans yet but an October cruise to Cuba would be interesting. You can bring back 100 cigars and a few bottles of rum.

Cuban-Woman.jpg

Last edited:

pooods

Sittin Necked on a Beanbag Eatin Cheetoes
Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
few trips to Chuck E Cheese.

maybe the bowling alley.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody use credit cards where the primary reward is travel points? I have gone on many trips for free because I built up so much points by using my credit card to pay for everything. I have been to Washington DC, Italy, Netherlands, Malaysia, China, rented cars, etc. The card I use is the chase sapphire reserve

I have the Delta Amex, American Citi MC & the United Chase Visa. Unless it's food or gas, which go to my PenFed money back card, everything goes on 1 of those 3.

I'm flying to Australia, business lie flat bed, w/points on American & back from Europe, business lie flat bed again with points, on American. With few exceptions, all my flights are booked into partner airlines of the Big 3.

I also use the Big 3 for hotels for points. Check the Big 3 prices, several booking sites, then the hotels themselves for the best price/points deals. Also use the Big 3 shopping portals for extra deals on points.

American gives me free GOES membership, United gives me a couple free annual Lounge passes. Delta gives you as little as possible "free" except my annual companion ticket.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also belong to all the Hotel rewards programs. Even though I book the bulk of them through the Big 3, often, when I get to the hotel, they also put it under the hotel reward program number as well. Points in both places.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Preferred card that I use for travel related expenses and "dining out" (basically any food and beer purchases). I have an Amex card for cash back on gas and groceries. I have a Hilton Amex for Hilton hotel stays (I try to stay in Hamptons when I travel for work). I wish I could use a personal card to book flights when I traveled for work, but I can't.

Can you get them to put in your airline rewards programs even if you are using their card?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you get them to put in your airline rewards programs even if you are using their card?
I still get rewards by being a member. I could just be able to multiply them if I could use my own card.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still get rewards by being a member. I could just be able to multiply them if I could use my own card.

I've been using the shopping portals a lot the last few months, you can get some good points deals.

pooods

Sittin Necked on a Beanbag Eatin Cheetoes
Hoopla Cash
$ 427.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chuck-e-cheese-gift-card-1.jpg

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not big.

Quadra island for my cousin's wedding and Parksville( 2 and 1/2 hours up).

Also going to Vancouver for Canucks/Blue Jackets

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not big.

Quadra island for my cousin's wedding and Parksville( 2 and 1/2 hours up).

Also going to Vancouver for Canucks/Blue Jackets
Go Jackets!

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking of going big this year and springing for a trip to Laurel, Mississippi this year.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
few trips to Chuck E Cheese.

maybe the bowling alley.

I dread the day when I would think back to my trips to Asia, Europe and Central America to having kids and taking these kind of trips

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife and had plans to travel to paris and Rome in June and planned to take my17 year old grandson. I have to go through a battery of medical tests including a vascular lab in order to get medical clearance for an 8 hour flight.

If I can't do that, I'm seriously considering a much shorter flight for a week in Havana Cuba. The Iberostar Hotel has built a brand new luxury resort and has a similar 'all inclusive' package like they have for the Meican Riviera.
We went to Playa Del Carmen about 10 years ago, stayed at the Iberostar and it was great. I can only assume that they would be the same in Cuba. With political relations starting to normalize, I think it might be fun. I might even smoke a cigar.

Anyone know anyone that's been to Cuba recently??

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife and had plans to travel to paris and Rome in June and planned to take my17 year old grandson. I have to go through a battery of medical tests including a vascular lab in order to get medical clearance for an 8 hour flight.

If I can't do that, I'm seriously considering a much shorter flight for a week in Havana Cuba. The Iberostar Hotel has built a brand new luxury resort and has a similar 'all inclusive' package like they have for the Meican Riviera.
We went to Playa Del Carmen about 10 years ago, stayed at the Iberostar and it was great. I can only assume that they would be the same in Cuba. With political relations starting to normalize, I think it might be fun. I might even smoke a cigar.

Anyone know anyone that's been to Cuba recently??

No but they just denied a cruise ship entry in the past week.

Paris is a mess right now with the yellow jackets protesting. I'll be in Rome in May.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just signed up for a 14 day Princess Cruise at the end of September and beginning of October.

Leaving from and returning to Dover, England, stopping in:
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
  • Riga, Latvia
  • Tallinn, Estonia
  • St. Petersburg, Russia (2 days)
  • Helsinki, Finland
  • Stockholm, Sweden (2 days)
  • Amsterdam, The Netherlands
And transiting the Kiel Canal in Germany.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading to Chicago this weekend for St Patty's day. Unfortunately, it's going to be cold, but it'll still be fun

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty low key this year. Spent St. Paddy's Day in Ireland last year.

Taking a week-long RV road trip to Idaho in August for a music festival. Will do some fishing and site seeing on the way.
Going to LA in September for the OU/UCLA game. Letting the family come along on that one so I can take my daughter to Disneyland.