• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMHO

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an article that referenced the 2013 season. We traded for Fielder a couple of months after the 2013 season. The scouts Fraley were going by had said that about the 2013 season.

Fraley is no expert and when he gives his opinions they are only opinions. In this case he stated what he heard from scouts.

It wasn't hindsight because it was before Fielder took a single regular season at bat for us.

They failed to get Abreu But that shouldn't have been followed up by getting a player who was obviously slipping.

I wanted them to either be really aggressive that offseason or rebuild. I would have been happy either way. Instead they tried to split the difference. lol

I never heard it until after the fact. But then I am not a big Farley fan in most circumstances. Have to think bar speed would if known would have been taken into account
Ok then an impasse for now
Good day sir. Haha

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never heard it until after the fact. But then I am not a big Farley fan in most circumstances. Have to think bar speed would if known would have been taken into account
Ok then an impasse for now
Good day sir. Haha
It should have been taken into account. Why it wasn't is the big question. Also, could this type of thing happen again?

Impasse. lol Okay, buddy, call it an impasse. HaHa

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diekman is coming to Surprise after all......as a Royal.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they were bad decisions to begin with. Choo at 4 years would have been fine, but 7 was way too many. Fielder had already lost bat speed the year before. So neither of the deals made sense from the get go to me.

We should have began rebuilding that offseason.

I still think dombrowski and Detroit pulled a fast one. They knew fielder was messed up and took advantage of our desire to free up a spot for Profar. Then, of course, Profar gets tons of injury troubles and fielders neck problem surfaces.

I think Daniels got schooled in both the fielder and the darvish trades. He also gave Choo way too much money / time.

It’s hard to like Choo because of his contract, but I don’t blame the guy for getting paid.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think dombrowski and Detroit pulled a fast one. They knew fielder was messed up and took advantage of our desire to free up a spot for Profar. Then, of course, Profar gets tons of injury troubles and fielders neck problem surfaces.

I think Daniels got schooled in both the fielder and the darvish trades. He also gave Choo way too much money / time.

It’s hard to like Choo because of his contract, but I don’t blame the guy for getting paid.
One reason the trade happened is, Kinsler refused to move to 1B.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One reason the trade happened is, Kinsler refused to move to 1B.
Well, Kinsler didn't want to move so they sought to trade him. That didn't mean he had to be traded for Prince though. He probably should have been traded for prospects, but JD didn't want to sacrifice the present for the future, although that would have been the better decision in my opinion.

They also, could have told Kinsler to move anyway, the way they did Young.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other spot earmarked for Kinsler. LF
I remember the intense disagreements on the other board about whether he should have to move and if an infielder could be expected to be a decent outfielder.

The other Ian we eventually got proved an IF could be converted successfully to the OF. Odubel Herrera did that as well.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the intense disagreements on the other board about whether he should have to move and if an infielder could be expected to be a decent outfielder.

The other Ian we eventually got proved an IF could be converted successfully to the OF. Odubel Herrera did that as well.

To me Kinsler could be a prototype LF and good points on the other 2. Herrera was burning it up in winter ball. We should have protected him.

But I get going for it at the time bringing in Darvish too. Just did not work.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re trades back then.
I hated losing Thompson Brinson and Alfaro. But they have disappointed so far but to me they at least the latter have elite defensive skills. Losing Harrison was a pure money move which did pay off but I hate

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard yesterday that the Rangers have approached Maz about moving to 1B. He told them he wouldn't consider moving to first.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard yesterday that the Rangers have approached Maz about moving to 1B. He told them he wouldn't consider moving to first.
I am kinda glad because I still want to see Guzman be given the opportunity to be our 1st baseman.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kinda glad because I still want to see Guzman be given the opportunity to be our 1st baseman.
I can't imagine Maz a better 1st baseman than Guzman.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you see that at?