• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys we've all made mistakes and had to live with them. Choo,sadly, is one we likely will live with and hope we have seen the last of these mistakes. Even if he is traded he was a mistake.
Signing Choo was a mistake for sure, but the mistake I am more concerned with is in keeping him and not trading him off. The disappointment I have expressed lately regarding Choo is in not trading him for the best package we could get. One of the last two trade deadlines should have seen him traded.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Choo was a mistake for sure, but the mistake I am more concerned with is in keeping him and not trading him off. The disappointment I have expressed lately regarding Choo is in not trading him for the best package we could get. One of the last two trade deadlines should have seen him traded.
And if the trade was in taking back 1 or 2 equally bad contracts? I have no argument with getting rid of him but if to do it meant doing than no.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get assuming the Rangers have turned down good trade offers for Choo. Or even fairly bad trade offers. I have no doubt they have turned down absurd offers and are not to become known as a trade patsy to the league.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if the trade was in taking back 1 or 2 equally bad contracts? I have no argument with getting rid of him but if to do it meant doing than no.

If course this is correct. I would take back a bad pitcher contract though as almost happened if I remember correct

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think they turned down legitimate trade scenarios?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think they turned down legitimate trade scenarios?
I guess "legitimate" is in the eye of the beholder, but yes, I believe they have. I think they have either overvalued his leadership role, his talent, what they could get for him, or a combination of some or all of those. There have been too many rumor rumblings about him over the last couple of years to think they had to keep him in my estimation.

There is, of course, going to be a difference of opinion, where the two of us are concerned, when it comes to the possibility of the front office being at fault for anything of substance. We usually disagree about things that are based on that possibility.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want a part of bad contracts for the most part. The key to trading Choo has always been to make his contract one that clubs wouldn't view as bad. That would be done by agreeing to pay whatever amount it would take to get the deal done. If the best offer requires us to be on the hook for all but $7-8 million per year then do that. Whatever it takes.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team could surprise people if our TJ Rotation has some success.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The catcher position is quie interesting. Keep thinking Trevino may be an option second half unless they are grooming IKF to eventually be the starting catcher perhaps next year

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess "legitimate" is in the eye of the beholder, but yes, I believe they have. I think they have either overvalued his leadership role, his talent, what they could get for him, or a combination of some or all of those. There have been too many rumor rumblings about him over the last couple of years to think they had to keep him in my estimation.

There is, of course, going to be a difference of opinion, where the two of us are concerned, when it comes to the possibility of the front office being at fault for anything of substance. We usually disagree about things that are based on that possibility.

Was not Greinke an option but not sure of other rumblings. Did something else come to mind?

FO was pretty aggressive last ASB.

I don't know of any turn downs prior but JD is known for keeping his cards close to his chest

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not Greinke an option but not sure of other rumblings. Did something else come to mind?

I don't know of any turn downs prior but JD is known for keeping his cards close to his chest
I had read of interest both the last two deadlines and this offseason as well.

I think we have him for the duration now. It makes me think they have a very poor opinion of Calhoun.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had read of interest both the last two deadlines and this offseason as well.

I think we have him for the duration now. It makes me think they have a very poor opinion of Calhoun.

I like Calhoun a lot. Wonder if Guzman loses playing time. Also always thought Mazara could play 1B. Hate to lose elite glove with Guzman but something has to give. Maybe Choo gets some reps there. Help his marketability. Ha
Really hope Calhoun burns it up this Spring

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Calhoun a lot. Wonder if Guzman loses playing time. Also always thought Mazara could play 1B. Hate to lose elite glove with Guzman but something has to give. Maybe Choo gets some reps there. Help his marketability. Ha
Really hope Calhoun burns it up this Spring
I think if they were going to try Guzman or Choo out at a new position guys like TR and Evan would have already reported it.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they were going to try Guzman or Choo out at a new position guys like TR and Evan would have already reported it.

Yeah just wishing. But is reported Guzman and DDJ may be on the bubble And yet nothing reported as backup plan at 1B

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just wishing. But is reported Guzman and DDJ may be on the bubble And yet nothing reported as backup plan at 1B
T R has said more about the possibility of Guzman losing his position than others and he has mentioned Gallo moving back to 1B should that happen.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read that as a rumor once and couldn't ever see Choo going to Arizona to play the OF everyday, maybe in a 3 team trade but straight up, no