• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2019 Texas Rangers Season Opening Series vs. Chicago Cubs March 28-31

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wish he would just use the ignore button.

Then i wouldn't see anything, bc almost everyone around here is negative as hell

So basically i am using the ignore feature by choosing to not visit or post

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone wants us to rebuild the right way but have zero patience for what is often a 2-3 year process, you can't have it both ways

We let the young guys play, people bitch about not making any moves, or not "trying"

We sign guys, people bitch about not playing the young guys

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t think it’s been said yet, but....

I hope Martin Perez kicks ass this year with the Twinkies. I’m down for anything happening that would shed light on the people in our organization who are failing us in regard to pitching development and scouting.

WE haven't developed a legit stud pitcher in our entire organizations existence. It isn't just the current guys, this organization needs a top down review and shakeup of our arm development. We can churn out first basemen, that's about it.

Probably would help if we didn't have a hitters park, wonder what the new place will be like. A's pitchers for example look amazing because they get more foul-outs.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone wants us to rebuild the right way but have zero patience for what is often a 2-3 year process, you can't have it both ways

We let the young guys play, people bitch about not making any moves, or not "trying"

We sign guys, people bitch about not playing the young guys

I bitch about not having any young guys to play. if we went out and sold everything we could and put young guys out there while looking at a stocked A or AA system, bring it on. As is I see no one drafting worth a damn, no one signing anyone worth a damn, no one keeping anyone worth a damn once they do show a pulse at the ML level, and just generally nothing to be excited about. We have shit at the ML level, shit at the AAA level, shit at AA, shit at A level, shit at rookie level.

But we get a new artificial turn stadium next year. I can finally stand to see a team play during the day in June/July. Too bad I don't want to.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive things I took from the opening game:
1. Minor had four innings of decent work
2. Elvis 3 of 4 at the plate (1hr)
3. Mazara with hr
4. Guzman with great defense
5.Odor looked very good on defense
6. Barerra (sp) with good 3rd b defense
Overall that is not a bad report. Need to add to that and wins will come.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE haven't developed a legit stud pitcher in our entire organizations existence. It isn't just the current guys, this organization needs a top down review and shakeup of our arm development. We can churn out first basemen, that's about it.

Probably would help if we didn't have a hitters park, wonder what the new place will be like. A's pitchers for example look amazing because they get more foul-outs.

Kevin brown?

Bobby Witt?

Charlie Hough?

These guys are before my time tho. Maybe we didn’t draft or develop them.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin brown?

Bobby Witt?

Charlie Hough?

Witt was drafted 1985 in 3rd rd from OU. Played 1986-!992 and moved on to Oakland. Later returned to Tex.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin brown?

Bobby Witt?

Charlie Hough?

Hough was traded for when he was already old. Witt was good, but not a stud pitcher by any means, or a TORP. Brown, Rogers, Correa, Guzman and Witt are the best I can remember from the first 20 years. There were some others that had a really good year or two like Steve Comer and Danny Darwin.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is going to be bad and people are going to naturally complain sometimes. That is just human nature.

Rebuilding is the right thing to do, but even the process of rebuilding is up for debate. I see nothing wrong with Mathis playing some and helping IKF. On the other hand there are some veterans here who shouldn't be here.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is going to be bad and people are going to naturally complain sometimes. That is just human nature.

Rebuilding is the right thing to do, but even the process of rebuilding is up for debate. I see nothing wrong with Mathis playing some and helping IKF. On the other hand there are some veterans here who shouldn't be here.

We should’ve started the process a year earlier but I think they were trying to fulfill a promise to Beltre. Maybe we can be ready to go onward and upward when the new stadium opens. Or at least within a couple years.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no problem with the starting pitchers we brought in because i don't see them blocking anyone in the foreseeable future, most of our young guys are a good ways out, plus if they do pitch well, none of their contracts are cost prohibitive for a trade

Choo is another story

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bitch about not having any young guys to play. if we went out and sold everything we could and put young guys out there while looking at a stocked A or AA system, bring it on. As is I see no one drafting worth a damn, no one signing anyone worth a damn, no one keeping anyone worth a damn once they do show a pulse at the ML level, and just generally nothing to be excited about. We have shit at the ML level, shit at the AAA level, shit at AA, shit at A level, shit at rookie level.

But we get a new artificial turn stadium next year. I can finally stand to see a team play during the day in June/July. Too bad I don't want to.

That's where i am too

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching staff gets a much needed day off.

I’m glad there’s no game today.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which, Ryan Rua is nowhere to be found on a roster. He had no ST AB. I didn't hear that he was injured or that he retired.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which, Ryan Rua is nowhere to be found on a roster. He had no ST AB. I didn't hear that he was injured or that he retired.

His Twitter account shows him still as a FA. Good friends with the old Hickory bunch

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua is a guy who had good pop in his bat, good speed and played multiple positions. Just not consistent. And no current takers.

A really good AAA player. To make the last leap is quite tough. You have to produce.

Same thing could easily happen to DDJ too although nothing could be worse than last year. Has to be a make it or break it year for him

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive things I took from the opening game:
1. Minor had four innings of decent work
2. Elvis 3 of 4 at the plate (1hr)
3. Mazara with hr
4. Guzman with great defense
5.Odor looked very good on defense
6. Barerra (sp) with good 3rd b defense
Overall that is not a bad report. Need to add to that and wins will come.
I also liked Guzman's 2 first AB's even though he got nothing to show for them.