• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Recruiting

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the outcome of the RB and Cotton bowl have any impact on Asa or other potential recruits holding on for the Feb 6th signing period?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the protectionism of the team boards and only having to face trolling by your own teams fans. That's a plus over CBS for sure, but I do miss the better conversations, and even better trolling from the big boards back then.

Yeah I remember having a troll or two come on the team board over there and every real fan ganging up on them to defend it, some of the trolling over there was pretty darn good, better then some of the half ass attempts here.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the outcome of the RB and Cotton bowl have any impact on Asa or other potential recruits holding on for the Feb 6th signing period?

Maybe, but to me I think the kids mind is already made up, he's heading to Notre Dame in Feb and the only reason he's keeping quite is cause the coaching staff told him to do that way so there wouldn't be any negative press.

Like the LB that left Washington last year and took off for Bama...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tough to say.

Right now the top remaining prospects that we know of who are considering UW are Kyle Ford, Puca Nacau, Kyle Patterson, Daniel Heimuli, Henry To'oto'o and the aforementioned Asa Turner.

So a few thoughts on each of them:

Kyle Ford: It doesn't appear many know what he's going to do. USC is the favorite but right now it appears to be between USC and UW. At one point it was reported he would not commit to the same school as Bru McCoy. Bru McCoy is likely committing to USC, but they both commit on the same day. There's a possibility McCoy could change his mind, but if he chooses USC and UW wins the Rose Bowl, it really could hypothetically tip the needle in UW's direction I'd suspect.

Puca Nacau: He is currently committed to USC but hasn't signed his LOI yet. Crystal Ball puts his interest in UW as "none," but if Kyle Ford and Bru McCoy were to commit to USC, I've seen speculation he could re-open his commitment. It would make sense because USC lands both Ford and McCoy, the Trojans have really loaded up the past two years at WR. In 2019 that would mean they have landed Kyle Ford (#29 overall, #5 WR), Bru McCoy (#7 overall, #1 ATH), Drake London (#270 overall, #41 WR) and Munir McClain (#559 overall, #71 WR). In 2018 they signed Amon-Ra St. Brown (#11 overall, #2 WR) and Devon Williams (#40 overall, #6 WR). That all being said, he'd have a fuck ton of highly rated guys to compete with. If he wants playing time and Ford + McCoy both go to USC, I can't see him remaining committed. UW winning the Rose Bowl could help our chances to land him.

Kyle Patterson: Don't really think it matters. From what I've heard he is deciding between UW and Air Force (where his sister goes). If that's the case, the prestige of the program likely doesn't matter much. Could push him to make his decision earlier, but I don't think it matters with him if they win or lose. Obviously a win would help, but I don't think a loss would hurt.

Daniel Heimuli: He has long been projected to go to UW. A win may expedite his announcement, but I don't think a loss would hurt our chances.

Henry To'oto'o: Everyone is projecting Alabama. Don't know what other schools he has on his radar, but it seems unlikely he picks UW. A Rose Bowl win could help the Huskies change his mind hypothetically.

Asa Turner: No clue honestly. Both UW and Notre Dame are in great positions right now, but from what I've read he wants to play safety where UW is recruiting him, but Notre Dame wants him at linebacker.

Boy I have way too much time on my hand. Can't wait to go back to work.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the protectionism of the team boards and only having to face trolling by your own teams fans. That's a plus over CBS for sure, but I do miss the better conversations, and even better trolling from the big boards back then.

There's a couple of guys I miss from CBS, but I'm happy we all came here. Also I really enjoy the cast of characters we have on the Seattle boards.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole Thomas, Bishop Blanchet, Offensive Tackle

Apparently his top 3 are Texas Tech, Utah State and UW. He would be a walk-on player for UW. Not highly rated but he would be a nice pickup without having to expend a scholarship. Good frame at 6'7 but is only 265lbs. Could be a good project player if he can bulk up. If he has the ability, a move to TE could possibly happen.

Considering he plays at Bishop Blanchet, I'd have to assume that money probably isn't a huge concern for him and his family so I'd say UW probably has a good chance of getting him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Ford, Orange Lutheran, Wide Receiver

Kyle Ford announces his commitment tomorrow. Some of the big name recruiting guys have all switched him to USC. Seemed to be down to UW and USC, but it seems the talking heads think that the official visit sealed the deal.

Will be interesting to see what happens. At this point I'd say UW is unlikely, but hopefully tomorrow someone will quote this post and happily point out I was wrong.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh Calvert is a current UW commit for ILB. Good performance by him in the All-American game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball, but still. As expected Hop lands one of the top players in the country.

Hell of a turnaround for that program in a short period of time. If he can add that kind of recruiting on top of it? Holy shit.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and what's the big difference over Romar? They actually play some fucking defense. Used to frustrate me to no end watching all of his talent wasting away with lazy defense.

These guys hustle and play solid d now.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and what's the big difference over Romar? They actually play some fucking defense. Used to frustrate me to no end watching all of his talent wasting away with lazy defense.

I'm actually so desperate for sports now that I've found myself watching most of the UW basketball games. Not a big basketball fan and trying to get more into it, but you're completely right.

You also just have to love Hopkins' intensity and love for the game. With or without adding Jaden McDaniels, based on my relatively poor basketball knowledge it looks like UW basketball should be pretty damn good in 2019-2020. It seems as if Nowell will declare for the draft, but I haven't seen any mock draft showing him being drafted in 2019 so he could be back. Adding Quade Green, Stewart and possibly McDaniels could give the Huskies an incredible team next year.

I'm incredibly biased but I think that Isaiah Thomas put it really well:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What he's done in a short period of time plus losing recruits is a remarkable quick turnaround. Can't wait to see what the future holds for Huskies Hoops.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bru McCoy reportedly considering transfer, USC facing more embarrassment

This actually has some fairly significant implications. In no particular order:

1. USC losing an athlete as talented as Bru McCoy is bad for the PAC-12. Yeah he's just one player and obviously we prefer that UW is the premiere program in the PAC-12, but it's better for all of us if the conference is stronger. The PAC-12 is better when USC (and all schools for that matter) is doing well.

2. Could be another example of an elite West Coast player going to another Power-5 conference.

3. Lastly and more relevant to UW, if Bru McCoy is leaving USC, this would essentially eliminate any prayer of Kyle Ford suddenly changing his mind and choosing UW. Assuming that playing time plays into his decision, this would make it harder to flip Puka Nacau who has his official visit to UW this weekend.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So let me get this straight, you post a link of how all Husky commits dropping ranks?
Is that cause Dawgs signed them? And why is Ford on there I thought he was SC bound?
And seriously how in that is holy fuck can anyone get a job ranking a HS player?
Cause that has got to be the stupidest employer to pay someone to swing and whiff on a HS player!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big weekend for Husky recruiting as MLB Daniel Heimuli, WR Puka Nacua, and DB Jayden Williams are all at Montlake this weekend.
Potential preferred walkons Drew Fowler and Cole Thomas are visiting as well.

Also appears to be promising news on the Asa Turner situation this week as multiple analysts are calling that he will end up committing to Washington by LOI.