• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Recruiting

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went through 247 sports recruiting class rankings and it doesn't appear that the Huskies have received a commitment from a DE this highly rated going back to 2001.

Huge win for the Huskies. Go Dawgs!

Looks like UWDawgPound had something written up before this.

#Woof: Huskies Land Big Time 4-Star Defensive End

Huskies are really doing well recruiting.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

OMFG....Talk about a close of all closes on this one. Everyone had him as a lock to USC.

Johnny Nansen tonight in his office at the John McKay Center

tenor.gif

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boys this defense with these incoming guys and the younger guys already here,

Holy hell this could be the best, nasty, fast, defense this program has ever had! And I have buddies that were on the 91 defense and they are even saying it!
Like 9 kids from the top 300 across these last two classes just on the D line. And 2 of the kids from this year (top 2) enrolling in January to make their statement for getting playing time as true frosh.

Love the line and the possibilities, but that '91 D also had some beasts at LB. Need to see them put it all together. Love what they are working with though for sure.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouts calling Dylan Morris the right handed Kellen Moore. It's really not a stretch to see him make a dent in the depth chart and quickly given his style and what Petersen likes out of that position. I mean I can't see him winning the starting role this year with ALL that talent, but he can make some waves. Can't wait to see him (and the other 3 that don't have a hot mom) this spring. :nod:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Fuck Asa Turner if he isn't fully a dawg. If you aren't all in, you are out. Shit or get off the pot kid. Don't verbal if you aren't really committed. It's fine to take your time and get it right, but the time to do that is before you verbal. If ND is really where your heart is then go there ffs.

I get that part of it comes down to what each team sees him as. UW said they like him at the spot he says he prefers which is Safety, while ND is pushing him toward LB and there are scouts that agree he's probably going to develop that way anyway, particularly if he's looking at the typical NFL roles for his skill set. He's a safety in what UW does.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely a great signing day period!! Last yr they went heavy on offence and this year arguably the best DL coming in in decades.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like 9 kids from the top 300 across these last two classes just on the D line. And 2 of the kids from this year (top 2) enrolling in January to make their statement for getting playing time as true frosh.

Love the line and the possibilities, but that '91 D also had some beasts at LB. Need to see them put it all together. Love what they are working with though for sure.

With that line up front, you need a guy at LB that is solid at tackling and they would clean up all day long!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Fuck Asa Turner if he isn't fully a dawg. If you aren't all in, you are out. Shit or get off the pot kid. Don't verbal if you aren't really committed. It's fine to take your time and get it right, but the time to do that is before you verbal. If ND is really where your heart is then go there ffs.

I get that part of it comes down to what each team sees him as. UW said they like him at the spot he says he prefers which is Safety, while ND is pushing him toward LB and there are scouts that agree he's probably going to develop that way anyway, particularly if he's looking at the typical NFL roles for his skill set. He's a safety in what UW does.

He's still a kid, hard to blame him too much. It's a really big decision for him. I'm actually surprised that so many kids sign early. Probably a result of me being a huge procrastinator, but I would wait until the last second to sign my name. You never want to have any regrets with a decision this huge.

None of us know what goes through the head of a highly sought after recruit these days. Shit, could you imagine a bunch of old fucks talking about you on a sports forum you've never heard of? I hope we land Asa, but I'm not going to spite him if he decides to go elsewhere, and I wouldn't ever hold it against him that he decided to wait to sign.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he adds a little more weight between now and then and moves to the middle. My point earlier was with speed and power on the DLine that draws the attention of opposing Olines, Mac backers have a tendency of being untouched and thrive with being able to read and react and hit the hole the offense is trying to target