• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Recruiting

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big weekend for Husky recruiting as MLB Daniel Heimuli, WR Puka Nacua, and DB Jayden Williams are all at Montlake this weekend.
Potential preferred walkons Drew Fowler and Cole Thomas are visiting as well.

Also appears to be promising news on the Asa Turner situation this week as multiple analysts are calling that he will end up committing to Washington by LOI.

That's good news. UW had been making a late push for DBs due to the possible Asa Turner departure.

Good to see that Greg Biggins switched his pick to UW yesterday. He's 247Sports National Recruiting Analyst and is 121/127 on his predictions this year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight, you post a link of how all Husky commits dropping ranks?
Is that cause Dawgs signed them? And why is Ford on there I thought he was SC bound?
And seriously how in that is holy fuck can anyone get a job ranking a HS player?
Cause that has got to be the stupidest employer to pay someone to swing and whiff on a HS player!

Idk how ranking HS football players works, how much time is dedicated to scouting them, etc.

Tbh I think for most of those outside the top 300 or so it's sort of just a crapshoot. Way too many high school football players out there and way too many variables to account for. I mean realistically it takes a lot of time just to comprehensively scout just one player. That's why you'll see guys who were not very highly rated as recruits tear it up, and some guys end up being flops simply because they possessed size or athleticism but nothing else.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was under the impression he was between UW and USC, but it appears Oregon might have been the #2. Would be nice if we somehow got him here. Would be interesting to see how that effects Puka Nacua who is having his official visit this weekend.

I watched part of the All-American game or whatever it was that Puka played in and he looked really good.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge piece of news, but the Huskies landed a preferred walk-on by Bellevue OLB, Hunter Hansen. Not sure where they see him fitting in. He's 6'5 210lbs and played basketball at Bellevue.

Trip Report - Hunter Hansen

In this article he was quoted as saying he was being recruited at BUCK or SAM. I could see them giving him a look at TE given his size and the fact that the Huskies don't have any TEs (yet) in this class.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge piece of news, but the Huskies landed a preferred walk-on by Bellevue OLB, Hunter Hansen. Not sure where they see him fitting in. He's 6'5 210lbs and played basketball at Bellevue.

In this article he was quoted as saying he was being recruited at BUCK or SAM. I could see them giving him a look at TE given his size and the fact that the Huskies don't have any TEs (yet) in this class.

Yeah but they have Bryant and god forbid the name I about to say, "Otton" !

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but they have Bryant and god forbid the name I about to say, "Otton" !

Bigger issue is that I anticipate that unless Bryant suffers a serious injury, I see him entering the 2020 draft. He's a great play-maker at TE and I anticipate he's going to put up big numbers for UW in 2019 if he remains healthy.

He doesn't have the length or size you look for in an NFL TE-prospect, but he's a huge threat in the passing game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hunter Hansen Discusses His Commitment To Washington

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
recruiting1.jpg

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brandon Huffman has Daniyel Ngata to the Huskies, but it's obviously very early. If I recall correctly, the recruiting guys had Joe Ngata (WR, also a brother of Ariel Ngata), going to the Huskies but he ultimately committed to Clemson. It helps having Ariel Ngata on the Huskies, but that didn't really change things for Joe Ngata.

Would be great to land Daniyel, he's a guy to keep an eye on. Curious as to what position the Huskies are recruiting him at. His Hudl has him listed as a CB/RB.

Crazy that family was able to crank out 3 four star prospects. They should probably continue having children.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forgot to add this to my previous post:

I feel bad judging a 17 year old and I really, really hope we land him, but Sa'vell Smalls is really riding this recruiting thing pretty hard. Hometown hero? Really? He'd only be a hometown hero if he signs with UW and proves it on the field.

If he really considers himself a "hometown hero" he should take down the Twitter profile picture of him in a Oregon uniform.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to add this to my previous post:

I feel bad judging a 17 year old and I really, really hope we land him, but Sa'vell Smalls is really riding this recruiting thing pretty hard. Hometown hero? Really? He'd only be a hometown hero if he signs with UW and proves it on the field.

If he really considers himself a "hometown hero" he should take down the Twitter profile picture of him in a Oregon uniform.
The kid is a 'look at me' cvnt imo.