• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Recruiting

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, he committed... again.... but does this mean maybe Lake assured him he's not leaving this year?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irrespective of the rumors I do believe we have Lake for at least another year. Hopefully longer.
Can't ask for more than year by year for someone like that. I really hope he's with them this year. Lots of turnover. Want to see what he does with it. Mostly on the back end. Coach K is no slouch and will keep it going otherwise.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its foolish to look past 2020, these kids grow every day mentally and physically on and off the field.
Junior year in high school you start watching them, throw some fliers out to them in the mail, then watch them their senior year, if you see their game elevate then go hard and heavy at them....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id bet Petersen offers less kids than every other program at or above their level. He doesn't go crazy on the young ones without darn good reason. Unlike the handing out of candy most of these programs recruiting is like, it's an honor to select few to get one from UW.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Daniel Heimuli called the Bama coaches and cancelled his scheduled visit for this weekend. Think he'll be committing to UW this week for sure.

WOOF for that and possibly a few others that could really create a bigtime close for the Huskies this Wed.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Daniel Heimuli called the Bama coaches and cancelled his scheduled visit for this weekend. Think he'll be committing to UW this week for sure.

WOOF for that and possibly a few others that could really create a bigtime close for the Huskies this Wed.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Huskies "only" get Daniel Heimuli and miss out on Nacua and To'oto'o, there is a strong case that the 2019 recruiting class is even better than the 2018 class, which was arguably the best recruiting class UW has reeled in during the modern recruiting area.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be quite surprising but an amazing steal.

Would be a bit of revenge for Alabama taking Ale Kaho from us.
With Tosh off to the NFL, that's a big time hit to the west coast pipeline for Bama. Tosh had a lot of connections with De La Salle H.S.
If Tosh was still with Bama, I would figure this to be done deal.
But with him gone, I think both Tenn and Washington got right back into the thick of it.
Many still have him crystalballed to Bama, but we'll see tomorrow as he's been bunkered down for weeks on the matter not giving the press or analysts any information on where things stand with anything.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing day primer:

I have to preface this by saying I rip off a lot of this stuff from what I see on UWDawgPound posts (if you don't keep up with them, IMO they are the best free place to get UW football and basketball content), comments, twitter posts by these guys and other sources. Hopefully this provides some useful information about what to expect tomorrow.

- Chris Petersen Will be holding his press conference at 2pm on Wednesday. I expect everything we need to know will be in by then.

- Daniel Heimuli: Has long been considered a silent commit. He is 100% UW on 247sports crystal ball projections. Not sure what time he will be announcing, but I'm sure we'll have news before Petersen's press conference.

- Henry To'oto'o: Will be announcing at some point around noon on ESPU. Alabama has long been considered the favorite, but many speculate that UW could be a dark horse. I wouldn't get too excited about the possibility of landing him, but I'll end it with my famous "hopefully someone will re-quote this and laugh at me being wrong." line.

- Puka Nacua: Will be announcing his commitment at 2pm tomorrow. Not sure if that's PST or EST. This is interesting because I don't know why a player would "announce" his commitment when he has already technically committed to USC. It gets more interesting because today Greg Biggins (95.42% accuracy in 2019) changed his pick from USC to UW. More on him tomorrow if we land him.

Below are the 247 pages for all those guys:

Puka Nacua, Orem, Wide Receiver

Henry To'oto'o, De La Salle, Outside Linebacker

Daniel Heimuli, Menlo-Atherton, Inside Linebacker