• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Preseason thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zenner got released

I like ZZ. He always gives his all. Hope he catches on somewhere else (NE perhaps?:heh:). Marc Thompson was better running the ball IMO so it looks like he will get the last spot. ZZ also missed a block that almost got Stafford killed last week so that probably didnt help his cause.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like ZZ. He always gives his all. Hope he catches on somewhere else (NE perhaps?:heh:). Marc Thompson was better running the ball IMO so it looks like he will get the last spot. ZZ also missed a block that almost got Stafford killed last week so that probably didnt help his cause.

The guy has a PHD he's never going to be a star in the NFL at this point he should probably focus on fixing brains rather than beating his own brain up.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What position(s) does BQ/MP attempt to improve once the waiver wire players become available.

The initial 53 man roster they come up with will most likely be temporary.

Donnal has no business being retained. Oboushi hasn't shown much in a positive light. Longa just coming off PUP isn't a plus. The #4/#5 WR chosen doesn't look too promising (Lacy appears to be the best option for one of those). Nauta as a #4 TE is questionable with his play in pre-season. Depth (quality depth) alone is a huge question at this time among several positions. You factor in how ever long Ragnow and J. Davis are expected to miss games it gets more suspect.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions sign RB James Williams

Lions sign rookie RB James Williams as roster returns to 90 players

Williams, who played at Washington State, spent time with the Indianapolis Colts this preseason. He is a full QIB qualifier. I had a fifth-round grade on him this past draft, calling him “a faster and more decisive runner than Theo Riddick” and comparing his developmental ceiling to that of New England Patriots running back James White.

2019 NFL Draft QIB qualifiers: Running Backs

Williams caught 83 passes in 2018 and 202 over the last three seasons for a 7.1-yard average — and per PFF’s Scott Barrett led the NCAA in career missed tackles forced per touch.

James Williams: what the Lions are getting in their new RB

BB_72; I mentioned this kid as a possible late draft choice throughout the off-season. I'd prefer him to be a possibility as a PS stash. I'm glad they drafted TY Johnson versus J. Williams but RB get hurt often.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game at 7:30 tonight. Not sure it will be worth watching for most, but it will determine final cuts.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game at 7:30 tonight. Not sure it will be worth watching for most, but it will determine final cuts.

That initial 53 man roster has been mostly set. There might be 1-3 players still on the bubble according to articles posted relating to it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That initial 53 man roster has been mostly set. There might be 1-3 players still on the bubble according to articles posted relating to it.

There are that many just on the O-line. Both Crosbly and Wiggins are not guaranteed anything. Backup NT and Backup QB are still up in the air. Backups at safety and WR too.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some rumors floating around that the possibility exists that SS Tavon Wilson might be traded to Hoodie due to Patrick Chung's legal woes. idk.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are that many just on the O-line. Both Crosbly and Wiggins are not guaranteed anything. Backup NT and Backup QB are still up in the air. Backups at safety and WR too.

IMO, I think Crosby, Wiggins are shoe-ins to make that final 53 just as much as I believe Savage makes it even with the concussion issues for both Crosby and Savage. If they have passed concussion protocol and are practicing then it's a done deal.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, I think Crosby, Wiggins are shoe-ins to make that final 53 just as much as I believe Savage makes it even with the concussion issues for both Crosby and Savage. If they have passed concussion protocol and are practicing then it's a done deal.

Crosby played like he had a concussion. He was horrid all preseason. Wiggins actually played better then him at Tackle but was not great at G. Granted that may save Wiggins for that reason alone as he can now play 4 spots on the O-line.

I liked what I saw from St Andrew but I think he is going to the PS.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby played like he had a concussion. He was horrid all preseason. Wiggins actually played better then him at Tackle but was not great at G. Granted that may save Wiggins for that reason alone as he can now play 4 spots on the O-line.

I liked what I saw from St Andrew but I think he is going to the PS.