• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why Hawks fans are upset... I love what they did... Went from 5 picks to 9 picks... Collier fits the Hawks scheme to a "T"... Love the pick here... He reminds me of Michael Bennett... He can play multiple positions along the DL....

Round 1, Pick 29 (29th overall, acquired from Chiefs): L.J. Collier, defensive end, TCU
Round 2, Pick 5 (37th overall, acquired from Giants)
Round 3, Pick 29 (92nd overall, acquired from Chiefs)
Round 4, Pick 12 (114th overall, acquired from Packers)
Round 4, Pick 18 (118th overall, acquired from Packers)
Round 4, Pick 22 (124th overall)
Round 4, Pick 30 (132nd overall, acquired from Giants)
Round 5, Pick 4 (142nd overall, acquired from Giants)
Round 5, Pick 21 (159th overall)

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut says we screwed it up with Sweat

last year we should have take vander esch, fucked that up BIG TIME

Not sure why Hawks fans are upset... I love what they did... Went from 5 picks to 9 picks... Collier fits the Hawks scheme to a "T"... Love the pick here... He reminds me of Michael Bennett... He can play multiple positions along the DL....

Round 1, Pick 29 (29th overall, acquired from Chiefs): L.J. Collier, defensive end, TCU
Round 2, Pick 5 (37th overall, acquired from Giants)
Round 3, Pick 29 (92nd overall, acquired from Chiefs)
Round 4, Pick 12 (114th overall, acquired from Packers)
Round 4, Pick 18 (118th overall, acquired from Packers)
Round 4, Pick 22 (124th overall)
Round 4, Pick 30 (132nd overall, acquired from Giants)
Round 5, Pick 4 (142nd overall, acquired from Giants)
Round 5, Pick 21 (159th overall)

we missed out on some top level talents, all for a bunch of low round picks that we HAVE NOT been good drafting with in the last 5 years.

collier is a huge downgrade from clark, this defense is going to be even worse this year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we could have had both

it hasnt been working lately, cant skip out on the 1st round forever.

Our defense is depleted... We need draft picks/depth on this team badly.. I'm sure you would've criticized the Hawks if they ended the weekend w/ only 5 picks...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we missed out on some top level talents, all for a bunch of low round picks that we HAVE NOT been good drafting with in the last 5 years..

No we didn't... Collier is a stud... How much do you actually no about Collins?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we over drafted him by a round.

btw who is collins?

Have you watched a JS/PC draft before? I know you have, but dude come on. That mantra is two super bowl appearances and only one missed playoffs old, who cares how Mel Kiper bad these picks are, it’s the Hawks and this is what they do. We needed a pass rush and that’s what we got, success!!!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a bull rusher, not really a quick edge guy, VERY strong lower body, definitely pushes through blocks... I like the pick, makes me wonder though if were gonna keep Reed, because he can plug into that spot, I hope we keep both... I think we still need another pass rusher with these next picks, edge guy who has speed.. definitely a receiver as well... When is the last t time we had a really BIG receiving target for Russ ? Not a TE, but just a big outside guy... probably Sydney Rice... I'm hoping we can get a big physical receiver on the outside at some point...

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We no longer have many star players. Three, Wilson, Wagner and perhaps Reed if he doesn’t take a step backwards. Just think about our run especially the Super Bowl years, were we had six or seven stars on defense alone to go with Lynch, Wilson and a healthy Baldwin. What do we do, trade away a top five pass rusher at the young age of 25 away just as he was entering our prime. Our window for being a Super Bowl is over. With Pete and a franchise QB we will be competitive but it will be quite a few years before we are a contender. Pete in one of his first interviews as the Seahawk coach stated he had a major advantage over everybody when it comes to the draft because he recruited all these kids in college. He was so correct with this statement. But as the years have removed him from his college days, he no longer has this advantage, and his recent drafts are just not discovering the gems like he did in his early years. A reality of the NFL, your good players take all the money leaving you losing players, being weak at positions, combined with picking late in the draft over and over leaves you weak. Just how the league is designed, parity.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We no longer have many star players. Three, Wilson, Wagner and perhaps Reed if he doesn’t take a step backwards. Just think about our run especially the Super Bowl years, were we had six or seven stars on defense alone to go with Lynch, Wilson and a healthy Baldwin. What do we do, trade away a top five pass rusher at the young age of 25 away just as he was entering our prime. Our window for being a Super Bowl is over. With Pete and a franchise QB we will be competitive but it will be quite a few years before we are a contender. Pete in one of his first interviews as the Seahawk coach stated he had a major advantage over everybody when it comes to the draft because he recruited all these kids in college. He was so correct with this statement. But as the years have removed him from his college days, he no longer has this advantage, and his recent drafts are just not discovering the gems like he did in his early years. A reality of the NFL, your good players take all the money leaving you losing players, being weak at positions, combined with picking late in the draft over and over leaves you weak. Just how the league is designed, parity.

We might not ever have a defense like that 2013 team, that was a once in a generation defense, I think top 3 of all time ... But I think we still have a window as long as Russ is our QB, we can continue running the ball well, and improve our D... So these next draft picks are HUGE for us... I don't think the Super Bowl window is totally closed with Pete still in charge and Russ at QB, we just need to nail some draft picks, if we do that we have a shot... If we don't do that then we'll be like we've been over the last 4 years, a playoff team, but not a title contender team...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Collier is a fine pick, but IMO it's not a Clark replacement. It's a Bennett replacement. Collier offers pretty good stout rushing skills and can bull rush which is effective at collapsing a line and helping Seattle's TERRIBLE RUSH defense. Seattle used to be one of the best defenses in limiting yards per carry. We led the NFL in 16 at 3.4 YPC, 17 we were 4 YPC (little worse), and 18? Ranked 3rd to last with 4.9 YPC... WOOF.

I think a big reason we had that decline was losing Michael Bennett (who I'm not sure was giving it his all in 17 either, he clearly wanted out of Seattle).

That said, it's a reach for sure. I don't know why Seattle felt the need to grab him at #29 when he should've been available at #37, but who knows. I'll give it a C grade, I'd give it a B+/A- if he was taken with a mid-late 2nd rounder, an A-A+ if it was a 3rd. Like the player, fits what Seattle wants out of a 4-3 DE (non LEO), just don't like where he was taken so I have to knock the grade for that. Almost like, "A grade for the player/scheme fit, F for the pick chosen, nets a C".

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn’t get enough from Green Bay. We gave up a pick worth 800 points and received three picks worth a combined total of 744 points. It would of taken a third fourth round pick to balance it out. Most trades are bang on with the value charts.

Wow you are really look at the downside of everything lately.

According to the Johnson value chart....

Draft Pick Trade Value Chart | Pro-Football-Reference.com

We won the trade get 852 points of value in return for a 800 point pick.

Not that those values should be treated gospel. They are guides.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft a guy who doesn't fit our scheme that well?
As usual you are right on it...where could we put a guy with that speed and talent chasing down QBs on Sunday? And I guarantee Collier would of been there in 2 nd round.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the D line as everyone that is on it
Collier looks a bit like bennett..who was
Not great strait out of collage either

It's not over....till the fat lady sings

They prob wanted to trade but could not find a good enough one and Collier is the guy they wanted
So they took him
All the draft guru's will have to wait tell
Seahawks get a LT ... next year.or the next

Last edited: