• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I maybe finally catching up

If the Seahawks trade down for
2 #2s they would still have a chance

At Allen dt/ de and maybe Taylor Rapp or nasir adderley

Then going wr with the #3 pick and a dt
With #4
Then maybe a nickel cb with the next
One
Then keeping clark...while losing Wagner next year anyway...seems to stay in the cap

But a trade down would be at the least...imo

But they would certainly need to do there homework on who will be undrafted free agents
And really go after the ones they want hard

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or trade Clark and/ or Wagner
For more draft picks.
And still have extra ones next year

Wagner is good but getting old and will have to replace him sometime anyway

I don't think it's realistic that we can keep Frank Clark, Bobby Wagner and Russell Wilson with the money they'll command. Jarran Reed will also likely command a pretty big bag of cash as well.

Edge rushers come at a premium these days, but I'd probably prioritize Wagner and Wilson over Clark. He has been the consensus best MLB in the NFL the past couple of years and he still is only 28 going on 29.

Difficult situation to figure out.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team carried Wilsons larger contract and Shermans, Kams, Thomas and Wagners. I think they can Carry Clarks Wagners and Wilsons. I also think if Reed commands a big pay raise they very well could make that happen. Just that it might be very unlikely they see they whole value of the contract before they Hawks cut or trade them.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team carried Wilsons larger contract and Shermans, Kams, Thomas and Wagners. I think they can Carry Clarks Wagners and Wilsons. I also think if Reed commands a big pay raise they very well could make that happen. Just that it might be very unlikely they see they whole value of the contract before they Hawks cut or trade them.

While im still catching up on the seahawks
It seems Wagner will be gone next year
In any case
So trading him for draft picks should not be a big deal
Then keeping ckark..also seems to fit
And the seahawkes will probably trade down as well

In which case they would end up with a good draft
Wagner replaced..with a drafted
And a lower pick prob

So that would just add
Mlb..to the list
Dt
LDE
Fs
Wr
Wr..if Baldwin is a question

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland has a lot of picks...and there mlb
Does not show up sometimes

3 first round picks
Of coarse all their own picks are high in the rounds

They have dallas first which is 27th

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nassir adderly

talor rapp

zack allen

darius slayton

music city bowl

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well just window shopping for some groceries.( bill parcels..lol).........lolol

devin bush mlb..michigan

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okereke

germaine pratt

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ferguson

jacson

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol so how many picks are in a draft 270 something? Ulmax you plan on posting 300 players names and talk about how the Hawks should draft them? lol i hope you are not one of these people that then say "SEE SEE I TOLD YOU THEY SHOULD DRAFT SO AND SO" after naming 300+ players haha

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sort of Apples and Oranges.

In 2017 this is what Wilson, Sherman, Kam, Thomas and Wagner accounted for in terms of cap space:
Wilson: $14.6m
Sherman: $13.6m
Chancellor: $6.6m
Thomas: $10.4m
Wagner: $7.6m
Total: $52.8m

Now if you look at what Wagner, Wilson and Clark are projected to make, it tells a much different story. Wilson will in all likelihood command more than Aaron Rodgers. So for simplicities sake, we'll call that $34m.

A $34m cap space allocation would be almost enough to pay Sherman, Chancellor, Thomas and Wagner based on their 2017 salary cap hits.

If Wilson receives a salary with a $34m cap hit, Wagner gets $17m a year (what C.J. Mosley signed for), and Clark gets $18m (what Trey Flowers received and a bit above the franchise tag), that puts us at $69m for the three of them.

$69m for 3 players in comparison to $52.8m for 5 players. Base salary cap in 2019 is $188m. Salary cap in 2017 was $167m. In 2017 those five players accounted for 31.6% of salary cap. Wilson, Clark and Wagner would account for 36.7% of salary cap space using $188m as a salary cap reference point.

It's a massive commitment that could limit us in terms of re-signing other players in the future. Should we tie that much cap space up in 3 players? That's a good question. Would re-signing all 3 pose a significant strain on our ability to re-sign other players in the future? Certainly.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol so how many picks are in a draft 270 something? Ulmax you plan on posting 300 players names and talk about how the Hawks should draft them? lol i hope you are not one of these people that then say "SEE SEE I TOLD YOU THEY SHOULD DRAFT SO AND SO" after naming 300+ players haha

I think he's just giving us a look at some of the possibilities for the Hawks. He posts a lot on the Mariners board and does that as well.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fansides is saying gm John Schneider would like 8 picks
And they think they will get them

Penn State qb mcsorly looks like a Wilson back up

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's just giving us a look at some of the possibilities for the Hawks. He posts a lot on the Mariners board and does that as well.

That is correct my friend

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Seahawks right now qualify for a #3, #4, #6 and #7 compensatory pick and can actually sign one more FA if the contract is under 2.5 million a year and not lose any of those comp picks. WOW.

That means Shelton or Lynch could be in the mix.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of mocks going on with a month to go
I think the raiders will shock everyone
And trade with Arizona for the #1
Getting Murray == raiders..he is more there style
Then Arizona getting Ohio State qb at #4
And he is more there style

So it fits for both..
And Arizona would love an extra 1st round
Pick..and the flexability..to trade to get players they want

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the amount of fire power the Raiders have as far as picks i guess they would be the no brainer partner if anyone was going to trade for the #1 pick but i do not see them giving up on Carr. His 2018 season was not bad when you look at the piss poor line blocking and the lack of any real weapons on offense. He complete 68.9% of his passes ( 5th in the NFL ), was sacked 51 times ( 3rd most in NFL tied with Wilson ). Now the thing is though is Carr not as mobile as Wilson but is no statue back there and can move around very well. His 2018 season was a improvement on his 2017 season and he continues to show growth. Would the Panthers trade Cam Newton? i ask this because i believe Carr is the better all around QB than Cam and is not a pussy like Cam. Carr would dive for a lose ball doing all he can to help his team win, Cam wont.

Carr is more accurate, threw for more yards, had a better yards per attempt and threw less INT's on almost 100 more passes. You put some talent around Carr and he could be an easy top 10 QB in the NFL. The Raiders have the picks to really decorate the raiders with stars and surround Carr with Talent, if it was me that's the path i would go. Wilson wouldn't have faired much better than Carr did in Oakland last year. He did all he could do to carry a very poorly talented team.

P.S. i am NOT a Carr fan but the boy is talented. Don't wast the capital on trying to upgrade a position that could easily be top 10 in the NFL if he has talent around him. Having the #4, #24 and #27 picks in the first round means Lots of potential for a massive boost in talent on that team. If i was the raiders i go with Williams DT from Alabama, then start working on the Oline and Skill position talent on offense. Oakland needs the picks to rebuild that roster not give them up for a QB that "might" be special. I am not sold on Murray.

Last edited: